Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Some One Help Me With This?

I called my brother flipping out on Obama wanting fishing outlawed, along with lobstering, clamming and most likely any eating of anything alive.

I knew that he and his Green Comrades intend to take down our country by way of environmental issues or healthcare. Everything in our lives relates to one of the other.

So my brother says, "You want to hear what happened to a me and all my friends? The state sent every private company (probably many other types too) paperwork to fill out on everything you have in your business. Every hammer every nail, every tractor,........EVERYTHING!!! They want the price you paid, what you still owe and what it's worth now!"

The whole town's people are up in arms and most likely the whole state. My brother asked if it was the town or the state doing it.

I told him it's OBAMA!!! That probably the Governors were told to do it at that recent Governors conference. What do you think?
    Has your state done this to you yet?
    He's crazy to p*ss off a bunch of redneck Mainers and especially FISHERMEN!!!!!
    P.s. Fishing is suppose to calm you down........

I thought I read an article recently that was about something like that.
    I remember it saying that it is not lawful for them to ask and people don't have to do it.
    Does this spark anyone memory?? I would love your input because the town is calling a meeting.
    Thanks
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Sounds like the State of Maine (not Obama) is searching for tax revenue.
    Haven't you paid enough State tax {GRIN} ?

Sounds like a revenue hunt to me. Where did this letter come from? I know there was talk of it out in Colorado some years ago, but it ended without enforcement. So enough of us business owners must have made a big enough stink about it.

And yes the fishing issue has me P.Oed bigtime. It's the only recreation/food gathering I really enjoy. I like to hunt, but I prefer fishing. Nothing better than being on the waves with the wind and the spray in your face. It's my therapy. And with the warm weather finally arriving, I just didn't need this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Sounds like a revenue hunt to me. Where did this letter come from? I know there was talk of it out in Colorado some years ago, but it ended without enforcement. So enough of us business owners must have made a big enough stink about it.

And yes the fishing issue has me P.Oed bigtime. It's the only recreation/food gathering I really enjoy. I like to hunt, but I prefer fishing. Nothing better than being on the waves with the wind and the spray in your face. It's my therapy. And with the warm weather finally arriving, I just didn't need this news.
    I'll call my brother back later and see who sent it. I've already made him stop the escavator 3 times, to talk. Last time, 15 minutes ago he said, I have to go I'm so p*ssed off and I'm getting madder talking about it.....

I'm a girl that was brought up on the islands and ocean off of Freeport Maine. I love "catch and release" fishing.
    I could fish all day, not catch a thing and have the best time!
    I AM SO UPSET ABOUT ALL THIS CRAP!!!!
    Dick Morris

Yeah, I do a lot of catch and release, because of the limits on pike and muskie. I like the teeth factor. My son calls me Quint. I grew up on the Great Lakes, specifically Lake Huron, The St. Claire River, and the baby lake, Lake St. Claire. The islands and channels and bays offerred a wide variety of species from panfish to gamefish. And the deeper water in the rivers and big lake offerred up great fun with giant Lake Trout, and the occassional Lake Sturgeon.

The ones I keep, are always legal size, and only if they don't recover from the release. I will then put them in the cooler, and over the course of a summer, I have enough to last through the winter. Some of the smaller species have sufferred though from things like introducing species like salmon, and over the last 20 years they've hurt the Smelt runs. We used to get 2 or 3 trashcans full of them, and they would be thick by the millions, but not anymore. But that was part of the life here, lots of fish in the diet. That's how I grew up.

But I too can go out and not get a solid hit, and be fine. Just bein' out on my little 16ft runabout is good enough for me. Besides, when trolling, I watch an average of 4 to 6 fish that make attack runs on the lures and miss. And pike will sometimes follow a lure, and then just swim away without even striking at it. Very frustrating sometimes. So i don't flip too many lures, I just drag 'em behind the boat all day. If I don't see 'em, I don't get mad. I've seen them jump out of the water, roll over on their backs, and dive back in again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/salt ... id=4975762

The above is a link to an article that described Obama's newest takeover in more detail.

It applies not only to commercial fishing but to kids who throw a line in the water off the pier.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I do a lot of catch and release, because of the limits on pike and muskie. I like the teeth factor. My son calls me Quint. I grew up on the Great Lakes, specifically Lake Huron, The St. Claire River, and the baby lake, Lake St. Claire. The islands and channels and bays offerred a wide variety of species from panfish to gamefish. And the deeper water in the rivers and big lake offerred up great fun with giant Lake Trout, and the occassional Lake Sturgeon.

The ones I keep, are always legal size, and only if they don't recover from the release. I will then put them in the cooler, and over the course of a summer, I have enough to last through the winter. Some of the smaller species have sufferred though from things like introducing species like salmon, and over the last 20 years they've hurt the Smelt runs. We used to get 2 or 3 trashcans full of them, and they would be thick by the millions, but not anymore. But that was part of the life here, lots of fish in the diet. That's how I grew up.

But I too can go out and not get a solid hit, and be fine. Just bein' out on my little 16ft runabout is good enough for me. Besides, when trolling, I watch an average of 4 to 6 fish that make attack runs on the lures and miss. And pike will sometimes follow a lure, and then just swim away without even striking at it. Very frustrating sometimes. So i don't flip too many lures, I just drag 'em behind the boat all day. If I don't see 'em, I don't get mad. I've seen them jump out of the water, roll over on their backs, and dive back in again.
    Your story reminded me of when I was about 7-9 and dad would get us up at 11pm and we would go to a creek and catch smelt. Back then you could use your hands, or a net, and a flashlight. I loved being with dad and my younger brother doing that....

My favorite fish to catch is Bluefish. They give a huge fight. I've seen people use fly fishing poles to catch them! They said it made it more fun.

I've lost many fish lures on them. One time I lost my boyfriends new lure right after I lost mine and while he was complaining, the fish came out of the water, everything but the tail, and shook it's head back and forth. There was my bright orange lure!
    Dick Morris

Oh man Worried! That's rich!

I lived in PA for about 7 years, and would go down to Lewes Delaware and go out ocean fishing. I liked the blues for the fight, but the tastiest were the flounder, and the seatrout. I had a blue I think give me a cut that required 22 stitches. Had to do it right there on the boat as we were 30 miles out from the harbor, and I didn't want to miss any "line time". Hey I was 20, and full of it.

My dad would do the same thing for night fishing. Although the river has a swift current and varries in depth in the middle from 25ft, to holes of 60 or more, and the deepest spot is over by the ferryboats where it drops to 90ft for about a 1/4 mile. But we would go out on the boat, and he just knew the river as there was, and still is, very lighting on it at night. But he also had excellent night vision. And being a Navy man. Everybody elsee called him crazy, and me even crazier for going along, but we never had a bad experience.

Always good to talk with others who like, love, or are just plain addicted to rods and reels!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoPehLw ... re=related

But these are my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp-kBlo ... re=related

Caught one last June 2 days before the season openned that was over 60 inches and bottomed out my scale which maxed out at 55 pounds. I tried to get as close as possible to get ameasurement, and the best guess was about 65 to 68 inches. But she had to go back. Funny thing is, my bass lures have more teeth marks than my pike and muskie lures!

Oh man Worried! That's rich!

I lived in PA for about 7 years, and would go down to Lewes Delaware and go out ocean fishing. I liked the blues for the fight, but the tastiest were the flounder, and the seatrout. I had a blue I think give me a cut that required 22 stitches. Had to do it right there on the boat as we were 30 miles out from the harbor, and I didn't want to miss any "line time". Hey I was 20, and full of it.

My dad would do the same thing for night fishing. Although the river has a swift current and varries in depth in the middle from 25ft, to holes of 60 or more, and the deepest spot is over by the ferryboats where it drops to 90ft for about a 1/4 mile. But we would go out on the boat, and he just knew the river as there was, and still is, very lighting on it at night. But he also had excellent night vision. And being a Navy man. Everybody elsee called him crazy, and me even crazier for going along, but we never had a bad experience.

Always good to talk with others who like, love, or are just plain addicted to rods and reels!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoPehLw ... re=related

But these are my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp-kBlo ... re=related

Caught one last June 2 days before the season openned that was over 60 inches and bottomed out my scale which maxed out at 55 pounds. I tried to get as close as possible to get ameasurement, and the best guess was about 65 to 68 inches. But she had to go back. Funny thing is, my bass lures have more teeth marks than my pike and muskie lures!
    I Love fishing stories!

We lived on our island, Pound of Tea, from April till November and during the summer my parents both went to work in Freeport. It was just 1 mile to the dock and the car. The ride at 6am would wake you up!

My brother and I lobstered. We had just 50 traps and we caught our own bait so we didn't have to buy it. We had the rigs with 10 hooks on it and we threw it among the "boiling out of the water" feeding frenzy of Mackerel.

We would chase the school of fish in the 12 foot aluminum open skiff. We had a 25 hsp motor and that thing could go. One of us had to sit in the bow to hold it down.

I miss the old days and now we are losing the whole country......... it is sad.

P.s They say Bluefish are very oily and better in one of those smokers.

When down in FL, we went out on the drift fishing tours. There would be like 25 people with polls all fishing. I was catching them left and right and no one else was, even my boyfriend at the time wasn't catching any. BUT, I was working the pole! They just stood there with the hook in the water.

The fish were taking my moving target. After about 5 or 6 when I would get another one, no one would look or even be happy for me, they were mad! I didn't catch the biggest but I sure caught the most. LOL

Obama doesn't know who he's taking on when he thinks he's going to stop fishermen from FISHING! That in itself could cause a R3volution.....
    Dick Morris

What a cool childhood. It reminds me of mine in a lot of ways. Weekends and holidays were spent at my greatgrandparent's house on the Ste. Claire River. The dock went 400ft out into the river and ended right at the drop off where right now it's about 38ft deep, due to a cycle of low water tables. But every 20 to 30 years they cycle low and then high again.

But summer vacations were spent at their house, as I was a big to my favorite grandparents. Grandaddy would have me help him with the things that needed to be done around the property, and then he would put gas in the tank for the boat when I would be weeding out out the greenbean patch, and when I was finished, I could take little sis out fishing. He had a 14ft closed bow wooden boat. The old clinker planked hull, with a 15horse Evinrude tiller motor on it. (I'm a 4th generation Evinrude owner). But sis and I would get our minnows with one of those 4ft square minnow nets, and we would just drop it in the shallows, with a glob of flour water paste in the middle, and in 5 minutes, we'd have all the minnows we needed. And I would go out and pick nightcrawlers with a dim flashlight. Between grandaddy watering, and the rain, there were always giant crawlers on the grass after dark.

I always wanted to catch lobster, and when I got out of highschool, even thought of going up to Alaska to fish and crab, but the bottom fell out on that real quick, so it was a good thing I didn't.

My sister used to do the same thing you did, catching all if not most of them. She was a Perch, and Bluegill / Sunfish magnet. Even if nobody else was catching them. She just had the knack. I remember one day, when she was going gangbusters, and catching Perch left, and right, even pulling up doubles, and she turned to me and dad, and with a serious look on her face she says, are you guys gonna start catching some!? I'm getting tired! We just laughed. But it was great. I think she was like 7 or 8 at the time.

I love them aluminum boats though. My little runabout is a 1966 Lone Star, vee hull, and with a 40 horse E-Tech on it, I can run all day trolling, and only use maybe 1 and a half to 2 gallons of gas. Very economical, but the best part is, I have run it through about 9 inches of water.

Best part, I painted it like dad's boat from back when,which is the old colors of the Sheriff's boats, and in the "NO WAKE" zones down by the yachtclub, people have slowed down because they see my boat from a distance. A buddy of mine noticed it, and started laughing one day. What can Isay, I do have a sense of humor. Twisted maybe, but funny. It's actually really nice looking. White upperdecking and stripe at the top of the hullside, the hull to the waterline is Michigan Blue, with a 3/4 inch wide white stripe , and below the water line is copper bronze. The neighbors want me to take it down to the boatshow in April, as one of the classics, even though it isn't pre 1959, the look of it has that era captured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast