Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Cheney Urges Americans To Save More

http://www.10news.com

Cheney Urges Americans To Save More
    Vice President Asks Politicians To Fix Pensions, Social Security

POSTED: 11:07 am PST March 2, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:23 am PST March 2, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Dick Cheney said on Thursday that Americans should start saving "on the very first day of work."

Cheney told a conference in Washington that Americans need to do a better job saving for their future.

He said too many workers aren't saving enough.

"The American Dream begins with saving money, and that should begin on the very first day of work. The power of compound interest is even greater when people start saving early. Yet a lot of American families live paycheck-to-paycheck -- often finding, as the saying goes, 'too much month at the end of the money,'" Cheney said.

Last year, Americans' personal savings rate hit its lowest point since the Great Depression.

The dismal state of savings comes as a big wave of baby boomers will soon start retiring.

Cheney reiterated President George W. Bush's State of the Union call for creation of a commission to study the impact of retiring baby boomers on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

"There will always be a wagonload of excuses for ignoring the problem of entitlements," said Cheney. "But Americans have a right to expect more out of the nation's leaders, especially when it comes to Social Security and other defining national promises. The longer we wait to address the coming crisis, the more excuses that are made for inaction, the more difficult and expensive the job will eventually be."

Cheney also urged Congress to finish legislation to bolster the shaky pension system.

Pension plans that pay out set amounts to retirees are estimated to be $450 billion short.

To fix this, legislation would tighten pension-funding rules for companies.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Ain't that a kick in the pants! First Cheney and all his cronies drive us to the brink of bankrupcy with their Globalist Empire and then he has the audacity to tell us to save more? That comment should be blasted back at him at 200 DECIBELS!!!! I'm doing the cut and paste e-mail thing right now, and I'll be calling his office, as well! What a presumptuous piece of garbage he's PROVEN himself to be!

I AM SOOOOOOO PISSED OFF!!!!!

Banned
    Contacting the White House [En Español]

Mailing Address

The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Phone Numbers

Comments: 202-456-1111
    Switchboard: 202-456-1414
    FAX: 202-456-2461

TTY/TDD

Comments: 202-456-6213
    Visitors Office: 202-456-2121

Please send your comments to comments@whitehouse.gov. Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message. For further up-to-date information on Presidential initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to you, please continue to use the White House website.

Vice President Richard Cheney: vice_president@whitehouse.gov

Man, that felt GOOD!!!! If Cheney's words insult you half as much as they do me, start dialing the phone!

First Cheney and all his cronies drive us to the brink of bankrupcy with their Globalist Empire and then he has the audacity to tell us to save more?
    Incredible, isn't it?

Thousands of people have no jobs. Thousands of others are going broke trying to keep up their health care premiums or buy medication to stay alive. Thousands more have dipped into their savings to pay the utility bills that have gone up about 50% this past winter and half the workers in this country can barely afford the gas to drive to work and Mr. Cheney wants us to save. How very quaint! BARF!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Her's what I sent to his e-mail address.

Mr. Cheney,

I was shocked and insulted by your flippant comments that Americans aren't saving enough. Maybe if you came down from your lofty perch for a minute you might understand what poor, grass-roots Republicans are up against. First, by allowing unfettered illegal immigration you've dropped the earning power of the working class by 20-50%. Then the price of gas and heat goes up 20-50%. You let companies outsource the jobs that Americans USED to do, all in the name of the bottom line. You give tax breaks to the richest 2% of this country, while telling the REST of us to suck it up because it's 'good for the Economy'.

Your total dis-connect has caused me to re-think my voting strategy this November. I vow that if any guest-worker, temporary worker shamnesty comes out of the Senate I will vote against EVERY Republican at EVERY level of government. Maybe if the Dems regain the House you and your puppet Jorge Arbusto will get the impeachment you so richly deserve.

The people are speaking loud and clear, sir. Are you listening?

OK--so who's Jorge Arbusto?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    George Bush en espanol....

OH! OK! There is a guy with a similar name to that running on the primary ticket against Sylvestre Reyes for TX Dist 16 Congressman. I thought you had information on this elusive guy.

Incredible that Cheney would say these things. Those of you who have already posted here have already mentioned all the reasons why Americans cannot save so I can't think of anything else to add.

I'll try to send some "communications" to Cheney today or this weekend.

Shame on Cheney who is a very rich man! Wasn't he born with a silver spoon in his mouth? This reminds me of some bible quote about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to heaven. I'll have to look it up and add it to my message.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

America has a HUGE balance of trade deficit; we import MUCH more than we export.

Thus, our economy absolutely relies upon internal spending to keep things going.

If too many people save too much the unemployment numbers will soar.

And, it will be the working poor that are hit first and hardest.

Sorry to be so repetitive but that vile scum's spewing is merely indicative that, yes, Virginia, there IS class warfare within the USA.

Rather than save, may I, as one of MILLIONS of working poor, suggest that my fellow underclass bretheren attempt to quit working for six months.

Leave the agricultural fields. Leave the packing houses. Park those semi-trucks.

Let those grocery store shelves empty.

Let the elite class realize that those who labor for little, who are suffering at the hands of the elites, wield the TRUE power.

Let the port workers walk away. Freight handlers at the airports....go home.

Let the elite class be forced out of the country to get their food and supplies; they can afford to do so.

Once they are gone, go back to work and do not allow the elite class back in.

We can rebuild, re-create, start anew....... where team work results in the entire team getting rewarded, not just the coaches.

Of course....keep the personal initiative aspect open so hard work, intelligent work, innovation is rewarded. Just ensure that the entire team....all the honest hard-working Americans can labor at a wage that at least keeps a 2nd-world lifestyle away.

It can be done. But, not with the elite class running the show the way they do now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast