Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Chief Justice Roberts Jokes of Trip to 'Impregnable Island Fortress'

Saturday, 30 Jun 2012 06:08 PM
    By Patrick Hobin

In the wake of his decisive vote upholding Obamacare, Chief Justice John Roberts joked that now the Supreme Court has finished its session he will go to an "impregnable island fortress.”

Roberts made the remarks during an appearance on a panel at a judicial conference in Pennsylvania, The Hill reported. He was asked if he planned to go to Disney World now that the Court was no longer in session and said he planned to teach a class in Malta, an island nation in the Mediterranean, south of Italy.

“Malta, as you know, is an impregnable island fortress. It seemed like a good idea,” he joked to the 300 or so judges and attorneys in the audience, The Hill reported.

Roberts has come under intense fire from conservatives for siding with the liberal wing of the court in the ruling announced Thursday that upheld President Barack Obama's healthcare initiative.

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ryan: Obamacare Ruling Contorts Logic, Reason

Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 12:46 PM
    By Amy Woods

The Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Obamacare has raised the stakes in the race for the White House and made it “the most important election in our lifetime,” House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

The Wisconsin Republican called the ruling “disturbing,” and said the American people ultimately will decide the fate of the legislation when they cast their votes on Nov. 6.

“I’m very disappointed in the ruling,” Ryan said. “I think the chief justice had to contort logic and reason to come up with this ruling.”

He said the Supreme Court’s interpretation of President Barack Obama’s signature healthcare plan, specifically its individual mandate, as a constitutionally allowable tax is flawed. The original bill never would have passed through Congress had it been described as a tax, he added.

“The broken promises and the hypocrisy are becoming breathtaking from the president, who says one thing to get this past Congress and then another thing to get it past the Supreme Court,” Ryan said. “We will vote to repeal the entire law . . .”

Ryan said Obamacare raids Medicare to pay for government-issued health insurance and will result in a debt crisis.

“We don’t raid Medicare for Obamacare,” Ryan said of his proposed budget plan. “We repeal Obamacare and extend the solvency of the Medicare trust fund in our budget.”

With its decision, the Supreme Court “just punted” the issue back to voters, he said.

“This is a new, government-granted right,” Ryan said. “We disagree with the notion that our rights come from government. This election is the choice of two futures. Do you want a government-centered society in a government-driven economy and government-rationed healthcare, or do you want the American opportunity society with a safety net? We have one more chance as a people to get that back, and that chance is going to come on November the sixth.”

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Ryan: Obamacare Ruling Contorts Logic, Reason
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I don't get is why on earth didn't ANYONE in the LEGAL community READ it as A TAX in the begining! That would of killed it in it's tracks.....

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!