Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There was song written in the late 60s or early 70s , " WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS " . It was about the people of Bangledesh if memory serves me right .

I always thought it was one of the most beautiful songs ever writen .

It now reminds me of my country and the complacent fools who have been ,converted, perverted ,all while being alerted !

Can anyone here paste the lyrics ? I think it fits us now .

working4change
    Lyrics: While My Guitar Weeps
    I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
    While my guitar gently weeps
    I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping
    Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you
    how to unfold you love
    I don't know how someone controlled you
    they bought and sold you

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
    With every mistake we must surely be learning

I don't know how you were diverted
    you were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted
    no one alerted you

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
    I look at you all

Oh, oh, oh
    oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
    oh oh, oh oh, oh oh
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah
    yeah yeah yeah yeah Availability:
    Anthology 3 (CD)
    1967-1970 (Blue Album) (CD)
    The Beatles (The White Album) (CD)
    The Beatles (UK)
    The Beatles (The White Album) (US)
    Lead Singer: George

Recording: 7/25/68, 8/16/68, 9/3/68, 9/5/68, 9/6/68
    Mixing: 10/7/68, 10/14/68
    Length: 4:50
    Take: 25

Move over lead, now we have asbestos in toys

Move over lead, now we have asbestos in toys

by Patricia Mayville-Cox
    Dec 1st 2007 @ 2:00PM

Filed under: Kids and Parenting, News
    Asbestos has been found in a variety of products including the CSI Fingerprint Examination Kit and two brands of play clay, in addition to home products such as cleanser, roof sealers and duct tape. The products were tested by labs hired by the Asbestos Disease Awareness Foundation.

The CSI Fingerprinting Kit has a collection of plastic tools and three types of powders, two of which had high levels of asbestos, especially concerning since kids will be touching the powder directly as they search for fingerprints. According to the manufacturer, Planet Toys, "The kit has been tested and has met all safety standards requirements as set by toy safety agencies and legislation, including the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The agencies don't require asbestos testing and therefore we have never been apprised of any unacceptable levels of asbestos."

The clay that contained asbestos was Art Skills' Clay Bucket.

Good work Asbestos Disease Foundation. I'm glad we have private, non-profit groups working to keep us safe, because it sure doesn't feel like the government is on some days.

http://www.greendaily.com/2007/12/01/mo ... s-in-toys/
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

valentine lollipops from China contain pieces of razor blade

02/14/08
    Blade Found In Pokemon Lollipop Leads To Recall
    Razor Found In Valentine's Day Lollipop In Florida

A nationwide recall is in effect for a Valentine's Day candy that could be dangerous. Dollar General Stores is removing all Pokemon Ten Valentine Cards and pops from its shelves after a woman said her son found a blade in a sucker in Lakeland, Florida.

The national chain has also issued an immediate stop sale of the product.

The woman's son discovered the blade as he was preparing Valentine's greetings. Only one lollipop had the blade in it.

The product is made in china and imported by Sherwood Brands. The bar code is 073964209109.

For additional information regarding pokemon ten valentine cards and pops, you can call sherwood brands customer service at 4014347773 extention 271.

Cathryn Khalil, reporting. ckhalil@kltv.com

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7873060
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I saw this story on Lou Dobbs.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mega recalls 2.4M magnetic toys

Mar 17, 2008 12:02 PM
    The Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Toy distributor Mega Brands Inc. recalled about 2.4 million Chinese-made toys Monday, because small magnets could fall out and cause internal damage.

These tiny magnets could fall out of the toys and be swallowed or inhaled by children. If more than one magnet is swallowed, they can attach to each other and cause intestinal perforation, infection or blockage, which can be fatal.

Mega Brands is recalling 1.1 million Magtastik and Magnetix Jr. preschool toys. The company and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have received 19 reports of magnets falling out of these toys. In one incident an 18-month-old boy put a magnet in his mouth, but it was not swallowed. In another, a 3-year-old boy needed medical treatment to remove a magnet from his nasal cavity.

The recall also includes about 1.3 million MagnaMan magnetic action figures. The company and commission have received 25 reports of magnets falling out of the figures. No incidents involving magnets from the action figures have been reported.

In March 2006, Mega Brands recalled 3.8 million Magnetix magnetic building sets because one child died and four others were seriously injured after swallowing tiny magnets in the toys.

Monday's recalled products were sold at toy stores around the country, including Wal-Mart, Target, Toys "R" Us and Kmart between January 2005 and December 2007.

Information is available at http://www.megabrands.com.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/346873
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why are people still buying toys made in China?

This story above is just one of the recalls done so far this year. On Non food products, there have been 76 recalls by the CPC 8 of those recalls were for American Made Products. The rest (6 well all imported.
    http://www.buydirectusa.com/links/articles.php?n=332
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504

This story above is just one of the recalls done so far this year. On Non food products, there have been 76 recalls by the CPC 8 of those recalls were for American Made Products. The rest (6 well all imported.
    I dont think alot of people realize where the majority of toys are made.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504

I dont think alot of people realize where the majority of toys are made.
    I understand that, but there is an easy solution, look at the label.

Most of us look at the labels for our food. Shouldn't we take the same care when buying toys for our children?

Reebok paying record $1 million fine for recalled bracelets that contained toxic lead levels

Updated: 11:19 a.m. 3/18/08

WASHINGTON - Athletic shoe and apparel maker Reebok has agreed to pay a $1 million fine for importing and distributing charm bracelets that contained toxic levels of lead and resulted in the death of a 4-year-old boy.

The civil penalty is the largest ever for a violation of the Federal Hazardous Substances Act and follows a 2006 recall of 300,000 of the Chinese made bracelets, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.

The previous record fine of $600,000 was paid by Winco Fireworks in 2005 for importing dangerous fireworks from China, according to an agency spokeswoman.

Related links
    Toy recalls: Search our database of toys recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
    The bracelets were provided as free gifts by Reebok International Ltd. with the purchase of various styles of children's footwear. In March 2006, the company learned that a 4-year-old boy from Minneapolis died after swallowing the bracelet's heart-shaped pendant. There were no other deaths or injuries reported, a CPSC spokeswoman said.

``This civil penalty sends a clear message that the CPSC will not allow companies to put children's safety at risk,'' Acting CPSC Chairman Nancy Nord said in a release.

Reebok denied violating federal law in the settlement agreement signed last week.

Reebok CEO Paul Harrington said in a statement that, since the recall, the company has put in place procedures ``which ensure all gift-with-purchase and promotional items and premium products associated with our brand meet or exceed the highest quality and safety standards.''

The Canton, Mass.-based company issued a notice in April 2006 that said it was recalling about 510,000 pendants that were distributed worldwide beginning in May 2004.

While the Reebok recall was announced two years ago, problems with Chinese exports continued in 2007. There were a number of high-profile recalls of potentially deadly products made in China last year including toothpaste, other toys tainted with lead, and pet food that contained a toxic chemical.

Adidas AG acquired Reebok in 2006 in a $3.8 billion deal that helped the German company expand in the U.S. to better compete with Nike Inc. and Puma AG.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/cu ... 0211.story

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast