Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Congress Members With Alzheimer’s Could Prevent Pot Legalization

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    This is the second thread you have posted these comments from this pharmacist in. You are not taking excerpts to make a point, so it appears that you endorse the whole article. And you are using it to support your contention that many members of Congress suffer from Alzheimer's. As I pointed out, the article that you posted as "evidence" is only speculation and hearsay! It is the writer's opinion that you seem to agree with.

Judy, and perhaps you as well, post responses without identifying what it is a response to. When she reads a post, she responds to it not thinking about the fact that others may post between the post she is responding to and her post. I sometimes I'm not sure who she is answering. If I just quote some words from your post, a reader must search to see which post those came from. When I use the "Quote Button", the post it came from is linked.

If I quote an article and I disagree with it, I will generally say so. And that is what I did in this instance!
    It's a false assumption to believe I agree with every article I post in part or in whole. Many folks post articles on ALIPAC that they don't agree with or only agree with in part. That's why I never attribute what's posted in an article to the individual that posted it. That person did not write the article and it should never be assumed they support everything in it.

jtdc wrote (excerpt):

And you are using it to support your contention that many members of Congress suffer from Alzheimer's.
    I never said or implied "many" but of course you know that. Specifically, I only mentioned two names.

I don't buy your premise.
    Once again, it was not my premise. It may have been the premise of the author of the article, but I did not lay claim to it, nor did I give the impression of any such premise.

I've asked nicely, please don't give me credit for saying something or writing something I didn't say or write. Additionally, please don't assume someone supports every word (or anything) in an article they cut & paste and link. Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    It's a false assumption to believe I agree with every article I post in part or in whole. Many folks post articles on ALIPAC that they don't agree with or only agree with in part.
    And many, like Judy, Jean, and others, post such articles then comment on what they posted. It becomes clear whether they agree or disagree with what's in the article. JD2 generally doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mw
    That person did not write the article and it should never be assumed they support everything in it.
    If you post article after article critical of President Trump or Hillary, I'm not supposed to assume that is your position on them?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I never said or implied "many" but of course you know that. Specifically, I only mentioned two names.
    In one thread you were alluding that Nancy Pelosi suffers Alzheimer's or dementia, specifically. Then in support of your contention, you posted an article about a pharmacist who claimed that he dispensed medication for Alzheimer's Disease to members of Congress. He made no mention of Nancy Pelosi. So you were trying to connect dots that aren't there.

Once again, it was not my premise. It may have been the premise of the author of the article, but I did not lay claim to it, nor did I give the impression of any such premise.
    Bull! Your premise was the claim that older members of Congress suffer from dementia or Alzheimer's, and shouldn't be in office. You posted that article in support of your premise, but the article contains no documented fact, just conjecture.

I've asked nicely, please don't give me credit for saying something or writing something I didn't say or write.
    I gave credit for what you posted!

Additionally, please don't assume someone supports every word (or anything) in an article they cut & paste and link.
    Then state what parts you disagree with, just as I did!

MW
    Once again, I'll ask you nicely, please don't give me credit for saying things I don't say and don't make assumptions that I support everything in every article I post and link. Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Once again, I'll ask you nicely, please don't give me credit for saying things I don't say and don't make assumptions that I support everything in every article I post and link. Thank you.
    YOU POSTED IT! The author didn't!

Trump having Alzheimer’s could explain a lot of his actions.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Like what?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Now JD2 jumps on the bandwagon, pretending he is a psychiatrist and has tested President Trump!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12