Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perhaps someone could comment on just how often Senators, or Congressmen for that matter bring up the Constitution when debating a bill?

Listening to some of the debates for the past week or longer, one Senator stated that speaking about the constitutionality of any bill was almost never mentioned on the floor. He was implying that if it was not mentioned, then the lawmakers would not have to think about it. He was indicting the body of purposefully ignoring the Constitution for the benefit of political gains for a very long time.

I enjoyed listening to the Republican Senators, Ensign, Sessions, and Hutchison bring up the Constitutional Inquiries. I listen to radio and so did not see it visually, yet the air on the floor seemed to heat up and weighed heavy.

Am I reading into this as if, perhaps a pivotal moment? Had the public influenced the Senators to speak up and step on toes that in the past would have been safe from such assualt? Where any walls breached during the heated debate? Where the Republicans forced into action due to public outcry?

I enjoyed tremendously hearing the Consititutional Inquiries. Afterall the public is watching, waking up, and the Constitution was invoked by politicians! That seemed like a high water mark to me.

I want more! Replay,........please!

I still blame the Republicans for this fiasco.

Was there any gain?

Republicans AND Democrats are paid for by the insurance companies. I expect liberals to be ignorant to the fact, but as a REAL conservative who isn't blind, it doesn't take much research to see that private insurance companies have paid republicans AND democrats off. This bill is a slap in the face to all Americans.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Howdy DarthIllegal and Welcome to ALIPAC.

Republicans AND Democrats are paid for by the insurance companies. I expect liberals to be ignorant to the fact, but as a REAL conservative who isn't blind, it doesn't take much research to see that private insurance companies have paid republicans AND democrats off. This bill is a slap in the face to all Americans.
    Got our work cut out for us no doubt.

Have faith Cayla.....we could be witnessing the beginning of the end for the whole agenda and everyone involved in trying to implement it.
    I think so too. With regard to the constitutionality issues, I do not think for one moment that the Republicans in the Senate believed they would get any support from across the aisle. I think they were laying the ground work for formal court room challenges, and I also believe that one of the first steps they will take if this finally becomes law with the same flaws is to file a law suit challenging the constitutionality of the law. Along with that would be a request for an injunction to prohibit implementation pending the suit outcome.

On a larger scale, I believe the Democrats have dug themselves so deep a hole they have decided, literally, to keep on digging til they get to China. I think they are betting the Republicans are as screwed up as they are and will not take full advantage of the opportunity to recover control of one or both houses in congress. I also believe they, and the Republicans, have totally under estimated the anger, fear and outrage the travesty of the last fourteen months has generated in main stream Americans. There is a wide spread and deep political revolution ready to erupt, and the first lava flows start in 2010.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    Have faith Cayla.....we could be witnessing the beginning of the end for the whole agenda and everyone involved in trying to implement it.

I think so too. With regard to the constitutionality issues, I do not think for one moment that the Republicans in the Senate believed they would get any support from across the aisle. I think they were laying the ground work for formal court room challenges, and I also believe that one of the first steps they will take if this finally becomes law with the same flaws is to file a law suit challenging the constitutionality of the law. Along with that would be a request for an injunction to prohibit implementation pending the suit outcome.

I couldn't agree with your assessment more 4th and believe you are spot on.

The republicans knew they had no chance with the vote....they had to have. And I believe that they also knew this was enough rope for obama, pelosi, reid, and every other criminal traitor behind this, to finally hang themselves with.

On a larger scale, I believe the Democrats have dug themselves so deep a hole they have decided, literally, to keep on digging til they get to China.

Yes and only because they have come to the deluded conclusion that they are going to get away with this....that they are unstoppable and untouchable.

I think they are betting the Republicans are as screwed up as they are and will not take full advantage of the opportunity to recover control of one or both houses in congress

I'm not certain they are even considering what the mindset of the Republican party may or may not be because, quite frankly, what I see going on with the dems is frightenng.

What I see......particularly among the leadership.....are people who have gone into a complete meltdown which has superceded any ability of rational thought.

Remember, these are people who have spent literal lifetimes subscribing to their "ist" ideologies and working to impose them on the American people. This is something which has become embedded into every ounce of their being right along with the anger and frustration building for years as they were thwarted.

They finally managed to get their perfect president into the white house, hold the majority of power in both houses, and they are absolutely giddy and drunk with the knowledge that this is FINALLY happenng for them and just let's see anyone try to stop 'em now.

These people have completely lost it and all it takes is one look at them to see it in the disheveled wild eyed appearances they have taken on, hearing it in inane ramblings like Reid's about reps being greeted with "wonderment and joy" as if suggesting that they have now achieved some pinnacle of overwhelming support and adoration amongst a population where the majority is vehemently opposed to, not just this legislation, but obama and congress.

I'm sorry, but this is not rational behavior by any means and they are beyond the point of thinking what the state of mind of the Republican party might be because, as far as they're concerned, EVERYONE is now powerless against them.

And if that doesn't scare people then I don't know what will.........

I also believe they, and the Republicans, have totally under estimated the anger, fear and outrage the travesty of the last fourteen months has generated in main stream Americans. There is a wide spread and deep political revolution ready to erupt, and the first lava flows start in 2010.

The dems haven't.....that's why they've made such drastic moves toward ensuring that the American people are being clamped down on and hard. They're moving with lightning speed to try and stop a revolt they know without a doubt is coming.

The Republicans on the other hand....well, most of them are probably surprised at the backlash and building movement to stop what's been going on for far too long. Kind of like the bully who gets the shock of his life when his victim finally hauls off and gives him a good punch in the face.......he's gotten away with it for so darned long it never occured to him that the other kid might eventually have enough, fight back, and actually mean it.

Others, however, I don't think are so shocked.....they knew we had it in us all along and one fine day someone would push us too far

Well.....it's sure shaping up to be one fine day
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12