In 1676 Turkish Sultan Mehmet IV sent a letter to cossacks of Zaporozhye demanding their capitulation and submission:

As the Sultan; son of Mohammed; brother of the Sun and Moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God himself; the hope and comfort of Moslems; confounder and great defender of Christians-I command you, the Zaporozhian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

(signed) Sultan Mehmet IV
Cossacks of course replied to this ultimatum on their own way. As their reply probably breaks every single rule of this forum I'm refraining from posting the text here. Instead of that and because of its historical value I'm posting a link to their reply as it was posted on another blog (but you must scroll down a bit to read their piece). Beware of rude language and have a fun:

Cossack's reply

Reproduction of "Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks". The Russian Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia