Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Damning new footage shows cowardly cop standing by during FLA. high school shooting

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Damning new footage shows cowardly cop standing by during FLA. high school shooting

BADGE OF DISHONOR

Damning new footage shows cowardly cop standing by during Florida high school shooting

3 hours ago

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson seen standing outside during Florida school shooting in new video

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

Video shows deputy's action during Parkland shooting

Broward Deputy Scot Peterson stands safely behind a concrete wall taking no action as high school students lay dead and wounded just feet away, newly released video of the Florida school shooting shows.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office released the 27-minute video Thursday of the former longtime resource officer responding to initial reports of a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14. Peterson, who was assigned to the school and on site when the shooting began, is seen with a civilian security monitor at the start of the video, but spends most of the video standing outside the school with his gun drawn.

Former Deputy Scot Peterson, right, is seen on newly released video taken during the Feb. 14 Florida school shooting.

“The video speaks for itself,” the Broward Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “His actions were enough to warrant an internal affairs investigation, as requested by Sheriff Scott Israel on Feb. 21. After being suspended without pay, Peterson chose to resign and immediately retired rather than face possible termination.”

COP WHO DIDN'T ENTER FLORIDA SCHOOL DURING SHOOTING APPARENTLY LIED ABOUT THINKING GUNSHOTS OUTSIDE

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel previously said Peterson, who was armed when gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at the Parkland high school, “never went in[to]” the building that was under attack. The sheriff added that Peterson instead took up a position viewing the western entrance of the building — as the video released Thursday shows. Peterson remains in the area for the next 20 minutes. Responding officers arrive at the scene, taking a total of 11 minutes to enter the building from the time shots were first reported.

Cruz, who's not seen in the video released Thursday, killed 17 people and injured 17 others that day with Peterson outside the entire time.

Israel said Peterson should have charged in and tried to kill the gunman.

Peterson fired back at the sheriff’s words in late February. In a statement released through his lawyer, the ex-deputy said he initially didn’t enter the building because he believed the shooter was outside.

He added that he wished he could have prevented the horrific tragedy, but denied being a “coward.”

Former Deputy Scot Peterson is seen standing outside the building as gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire inside. (Broward Sheriff's Office)

Internal radio dispatches released by Broward County Sheriff’s Department, however, revealed the former school resource officer said gunfire was coming from “inside,” according to the Miami Herald.

“Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” Peterson was heard saying over the radio.

FLORIDA DEPUTY WHO DIDN'T ENTER SCHOOL DURING MASS SHOOTING IS NOT 'A COWARD,' LAWYER SAYS

Investigators revealed Peterson’s focus was on getting nearby streets and the high school shut down and keeping deputies away from the building.

Former Deputy Scot Peterson was seen on surveillance video the moment when a shooting was reported at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. (AP)

The surveillance videos were made public after several media outlets sued for the release. A Broward circuit judge authorized the release on Thursday. Broward County Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie backed Thursday's release of the video, saying it brings "transparency" to the investigation.

"I believe in transparency with the public and I believe they should see it," Runcie had told the Sun Sentinel. "The public has a right to know what happened, and we should be able to learn from that and figure out what we need to change in our institutions to get better as we go forward."

“The attorneys agreed it wouldn’t give any of our secrets away with regard to security” at Douglas High School, School Board Chairwoman Nora Rupert told the Sun Sentinel about the decision not to appeal the video’s release.

It’s unclear if other camera angles surrounding the school were available.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)]

President Trump last month slammed Peterson’s actions, calling him a “coward.”

"When it came time to get in there and do something, he didn't have the courage, or something happened," Trump said. "He certainly did a poor job. That's the case where somebody was outside, they are trained, they didn't react properly under pressure or they were a coward."

Cruz appeared in court on Wednesday for his arraignment on 17 counts of premeditated murder and 17 counts of attempted murder.

The judge entered a not guilty plea on the gunman’s behalf.

Prosecutors on Tuesday filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty for Cruz.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...ormer-spy.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    To the dismay of some on here, I've called Peterson a coward from day one. To date I think there has been plenty of evidence to substantiate my initial claim.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe he was biding his time waiting to retire.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    I believe he was biding his time waiting to retire.
    Bingo. I believe you're absolutely correct on that. His brain was probably saying why risk my life when I'm soooo close to retirement.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    To the dismay of some on here, I've called Peterson a coward from day one. To date I think there has been plenty of evidence to substantiate my initial claim.
    The problem is you jumped to the conclusion before all the evidence was in. This was just released today. The radio call proving he lied when he said the shots were coming from the field was just a couple of days ago. When people, like you, jump to a conclusion before they have the facts, that damage can be irreversible. So I can't praise you!

I saw portions of the video including the scene in the still photo above and he and someone else were on the move. They weren't "standing around", they were moving around all over the place to other places. The reporters at Fox News couldn't even confirm this was building 1200 where the shooting was. Peterson and another person moved all the way to the end and then around to another location that's not in the video. When you take a still photo of someone on the move and headline it "standing by" you are not being accurate.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump calls deputy Scot Peterson in Florida school shooting a 'coward'
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/.../trump.../366520002/
    Feb 23, 2018
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I saw portions of the video including the scene in the still photo above and he and someone else were on the move. They weren't "standing around", they were moving around all over the place to other places.
    What I saw, they two were in a golf cart when they heard the shots. The guy with Peterson went into the hall. But Peterson stayed where you see him. According to one guy on FOX News, he stood there, something like 15 minutes. That video apparently runs about 25 minutes.

When combined with his telling other officers to stay 500 feet away, it is unforgivable!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    The reporters at Fox News couldn't even confirm this was building 1200 where the shooting was.
    The reporter said he was standing by building 1300 all that time!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    What I saw, they two were in a golf cart when they heard the shots. The guy with Peterson went into the hall. But Peterson stayed where you see him. According to one guy on FOX News, he stood there, something like 15 minutes. That video apparently runs about 25 minutes.

When combined with his telling other officers to stay 500 feet away, it is unforgivable!

The reporter said he was standing by building 1300 all that time!
    No, that isn't right, they're there by the golf cart and that doorway for just a second and then take off down the sidewalk, run back and forth to the left and then to the right and disappear behind that building out of sight. This is truly weird reporting. Don't know what happened after they run out of sight, I guess they headed over to building 1200 where the shooting was and stood there. Maybe there's another video of the other building, because if this is building 1300, which I think it is, Peterson ran over to building 1200 and that's where the students saw him standing by the column next to the stairwell. Maybe there's no camera there. I find it very odd frankly that people are blaming Peterson for everything. That's very unusual insofar as police matters go, usually everyone hangs together, I wonder why the difference in this situation? You know what I'm talking about.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast