Dana Loesch rips feminist leader: ‘I’m going to educate you…’

Wednesday, Jul 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM EST

During an appearance on Fox News’ Hannity on Tuesday, Dana Loesch sparred with Patricia Ireland, a leader in the feminist movement and former president of the National Organization for Women, over the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in the Burwell vs. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. case.

While Ireland attempted to make the case that the decision denies women basic healthcare needs, Dana was simply not having it. She reminded the former NOW president Hobby Lobby had agreed to provide 16 of the 20 contraceptives required under Obamacare. The four the company objected to include the “morning after pill” Plan B.
“They were providing birth control to their employees, who they pay way above minimum wage by the way and gave Sundays off, they were doing this before Obamacare was even a thought,” Loesch said. “Women who work for Hobby Lobby, they still have access to birth control as provided by Hobby Lobby.”
Ireland argued she does not believe “a commercial business has religious views,” which is why the Court’s decision that Obamacare cannot force for-profit, closely held companies to violate their religious beliefs by paying for emergency contraceptive coverage that could lead to abortions is null and void. That sentiment led Dana to question whether Ireland actually understood the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
“That’s a horrible misunderstanding of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act,” Dana said.
“I’m quite familiar with religious freedom,” Ireland replied.
“Apparently, you’re not,” Dana shot back. “I’m sure Patricia is an educated woman, but it does women a disservice when we have women speaking out on this topic and they don’t seem to understand the facts at hand — so let me set something straight here.”
Dana explained that under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, businesses must prove to the government their religious beliefs and First Amendment rights are being restricted or violated.
“The hypothetical slippery slope, ridiculous argument that, ‘Well they could just deny all health care,’ that wouldn’t actually be supported by the Religious Freedom Restoration Act,” Dana said. “So it’s a bunk, fallacious argument that we are wasting time discussing.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/07/02/...o-educate-you/