Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Demand for Wiring Services Growing for Latino-Owned Business

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4982132
    Demand for Wiring Services Growing for Latino-Owned Businesses

June 6, 2006 07:54 AM MDT

More and more people in Green Bay are sending money out of the country to relatives in Mexico and other Latin American countries. The local businesses who offer money wiring services say it's good business for them. The signs are in countless windows all over Green Bay's east side. "Envie su dinero," or "send your money."

"You feel good when your customers come looking for a service and you have it and you can help," says La Chiquita owner Maria Barrientos.

Many stores like supermarkets and travel agencies now offer wiring service. Owners say they're not only helping customers, they're helping themselves.

"An additional service we offer to customers to attract 'em to our store," says Webster Avenue Market owner Nike Novak.

Hopefully, businesses say, customers will spend dollars on more than just money wiring.

"It could be that some customers would be in the store already and see something they need and buy it," says Barrientos.

The people who run these businesses say with the growing Latino population in Green Bay, the demand for money wiring is increasing.

"Six years ago when I came there wasn't a lot of Hispanic business on University Avenue, but now it's very different," says Mexicana Travel owner Monica Galindo.

Some argue the fact many Latino people are sending money to other countries is bad for the U.S.'s economy. But business owners Action 2 News spoke to say they don't see it that way.

"Hispanic people have come to help industry here in Green Bay. Businesses are actually saving money and growing because they're able to pay Hispanic workers less," says Galindo.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think I am moving to Georgia! that governor doesn't have his head where the sun doesn't shine.

They tax those wires I think it was 6% I HOPE ITS MORE!
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)