Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FEINSTEIN RECALL?

I JUST HEARD A CALLER ON KGO SAY THAT A PETITION TO RECALL FEINSTEIN HAS BEEN STARTED. HAS ANYONE COME ACROSS THIS PETITION? I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING ON IT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I haven't heard anything about this. I hope it's true though. I've had enough of that woman!

If anyone can confirm this, can you post the info?

Haven't heard anything either but watching this thread in case......where do I sign?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Haven't heard anything either but watching this thread in case......where do I sign?
    I'll be first in line!

Quote Originally Posted by Doots
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    I'll be first in line!
    I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THAT FIRST PLACE IN LINE....LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We'll all fight for first in line.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Can she even be recalled? I know we don't have that option here in Idaho.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Can she even be recalled? I know we don't have that option here in Idaho.
    YES IN CALIFORNIA WE CAN. I LOOKED THIS UP JUST TO MAKE SURE. I FOUND THE FOLLOWING:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2096900_recall-us-senator.html

[i]“The 18 states allowing for recall are as follows: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsinâ€

You can not recall a U.S. congressman/woman...

"Recall drive targets McCain over Iraq"
    See this news report from Arizona. A snippet: "Although McCain is a federal officeholder not bound by the Arizona Constitution's recall provisions, he has signed a voluntary pledge on file with the Secretary of State's Office agreeing to resign immediately if defeated in a recall election." Joshua Spivak writes regarding this article:

Here is also a couple of paragraph from my article on the California Recall dealing explaining the recall of federal officials.

Congresmen Mark Neumann signed a petition to recall Wisconsin's two Democratic Senators over their position on abortion. Julie Cohen, "Mark Neumann, Republican Hothead," The Economist (May 3, 1997). The courts ruled that a U.S. Senator cannot be recalled. In addition, in 1995, California Senatorial candidate Michael Huffington, who spent $30 million of dollars of his own money in a losing Senate bid in 1994, and whose ex-wife Arianna ran for election in the Davis Recall, was set to hold a press conference calling for the recall of Senator Dianne Feinstein, the winning candidate in the election. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Huffington did not hold the press conference after he "was advised that, by law, a U.S. Senator cannot be recalled" Susan Yoachum "Huffington Plan for a Recall is Recalled," San Francisco Chronicle (February 27, 1995).

There has also been some discussion of bringing the recall to the national level. A 1987 poll run by the Twentieth Century Fund found popular support for the extension of the recall to federal officials. In 1996, Representative Peter Hoekstra introduced a package of "Voter's Bill of Rights," which would include recalls for Senators and Congressmen, and there have been occasional calls to recall U.S. Senators ( H.J. Res. 86, 105th Congress).

As a side note, the articles of confederation government did provide for a recall, and there was a lot of pressure to give states the power to recall Senator (prior to the 17th Amendment).

http://electionlawblog.org/archives/007862.html

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE....I too wish she and many others could be recalled!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Please keep us posted. Her and Boxer are worthless. Unfortunately we're out numbered in this nanny state by the kooks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast