Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Friends to Help Send Migrant Killed On Job Home

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/08/1 ... _Container

WEST PALM BEACH
    Friends of migrant who died working hope to send him home.

As his children grieve, a West Palm Beach firefighter tries to comfort the wife of Pedro Ortiz. Friends and customers of Ortiz are raising money to help his family return his body to his native Guatemala.

By JULIUS WHIGHAM II AND SOJA ISGER
    Palm Beach Post
    Friends of Pedro Ortiz, a landscaper who was killed while trimming a tree Monday afternoon, are raising money to help his family return his body to his native Guatemala.

Ortiz, who lived in West Palm Beach, was electrocuted when the equipment he was using to trim a tree at a house on Aravale Road in the El Cid neighborhood came into contact with a power line.

West Palm Beach resident Lila Young, a customer from Ortiz' yard maintenance business, has organized an effort to help the family.

"I've known Pedro a long time," she said. "He just was a special person. We all loved him."

Anyone interested in donating can contact Young at (561) 371-3375.

Young said that a funeral service is scheduled for Ortiz at 1 p.m. Saturday at the St. John Fisher Catholic Church, 4001 North Shore Drive, in West Palm Beach.

A viewing is scheduled from 5-8 p.m. Saturday at the Del Lago Chapel, 131 Lakeside Drive, in Lake Worth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about them donating money to send his family back?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

If they were accepting donations for the family to leave I would gladly donate some money.

His family and friends need to send him back cause ICE sure isn't going to do it! Should've of did while he could still walk, he'd still be alive.Sorry Essay.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He wasn't illegal. I am his stister-in-law. He has been here for over 15 years. He owns his own business. He has done more for his family and this country then most of you have. Just because you are mexican of guatemalan does not always mean you are here illegally. There are good people in this world that are from different countries and for you people to get on here and talk bad about someone that just lost their life is beyond discusting!!! He was in church more than he was at home. He did Gods work which is more than I can say for all of you one here. If you were God fearing people you would never say these things. Just wait, while you are all down here judging people, God is waiting to have his turn to judge you. He was a father that left behind 5 children. How would you feel if someone was talking this was about your father or brother? I am so sorry you all are so ignorant. I really pity you all. If you would like to continue this discussion please let me know, i will post my email address. I just can't believe you all can be so heartless. It is sad what this world is coming to.

did he cross the border illegally?
    did he come on a travel visa and never leave?

how did he get here?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    He wasn't illegal. I am his stister-in-law. He has been here for over 15 years. He owns his own business. He has done more for his family and this country then most of you have. Just because you are mexican of guatemalan does not always mean you are here illegally. There are good people in this world that are from different countries and for you people to get on here and talk bad about someone that just lost their life is beyond discusting!!! He was in church more than he was at home. He did Gods work which is more than I can say for all of you one here. If you were God fearing people you would never say these things. Just wait, while you are all down here judging people, God is waiting to have his turn to judge you. He was a father that left behind 5 children. How would you feel if someone was talking this was about your father or brother? I am so sorry you all are so ignorant. I really pity you all. If you would like to continue this discussion please let me know, i will post my email address. I just can't believe you all can be so heartless. It is sad what this world is coming to.
    Mom- I agree, those who made these comments don't know this person, and should give you an apology. Those comments were over the top and they should retract them. I am sorry for your loss, and based on your posting this person will be missed by many in your community.
    Respectfully
    Ken Dreger
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Banned
    Hey Ken speak for yourself, I apologize for nothing. If this guy was legal why is he going HOME to guatamala to be buried? I dont like this woman telling me Jose cared for his family and country more than I do either. All this talk Of God too. Could be a scam for donations. Every one knows how gullible and good-hearted the gringos are.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Hey Ken speak for yourself, I apologize for nothing. If this guy was legal why is he going HOME to guatamala to be buried? I dont like this woman telling me Jose cared for his family and country more than I do either. All this talk Of God too. Could be a scam for donations. Every one knows how gullible and good-hearted the gringos are.

Alright Patty!!

Nobody said anything that mean and I think she was mean! Guilt trip us with god dang....Why don't they send them home we all know they have more money then us they just hate paying for anything...gotta get it free!

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk

So, you know for a fact he was Illegal? Please many people from foreign countries get buried in thier home countries.

But do we stoop to the level of calling the dead names, and the families of them names? If so this is not the Alipac I joined years ago in this fight.

PS, if you NEVER apoligize for anything you must be one very smart and correct person ALL the time.... See where this goes...

Be civil, be respectfull. Acting like the other side only lowers oneself to that position also.

Respectfully,
    Ken Dreger
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast