Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Future of Obamacare

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Breaking: Obama Directly Implicated In Obamacare Scandal By 39 Second Video

"And Obama was like...I can't just do this..."

Norvell RoseNovember 14, 2014

http://www.westernjournalism.com/bre...r-gruber-video

You’ve no doubt heard the phrase “preponderance of the evidence” with regard to civil lawsuits taken to trial. Keeping that phrase in mind…
    With regard to the rapidly developing case involving ObamaCare architect Jonathan Gruber, the trickery and deception surrounding the design and passage of the health care law, and the Obama administration’s complicity in what appears to have been serious and concerted efforts to fool the American public, the preponderance of the evidence is pointing to the direct involvement of the President of the United States in a purposeful fraud.

With yet another Gruber video now front and center in what is quickly becoming a scandal — and with this latest video put into context with previous revelations made by the MIT economist and ObamaCare consultant — it will likely be increasingly hard for the White House to steer clear of the exploding controversy.

Thanks to an investigative report at thegatewaypundit.com, we learn that Jonathan Gruber — widely acknowledged to have played a key role in helping to develop the Democrat-driven bill that became ObamaCare — attended a significant White House meeting at which President Obama was present.
    The article cites a “smoking gun” transcript of a “Frontline” interview from PBS in which Gruber confirms that Obama was in the room and fully engaged in the discussion when the important “Cadillac tax” deception was crafted.

Via thegatewaypundit.com, here are selected excerpts from Jonathan Gruber’s June 2012 TV interview for the PBS program — note that Gruber says Obama was present, engaged, and “very interested” in how to fool the Congressional Budget Office whose blessing the bill badly needed:

“So we had a meeting in the Oval Office with several experts, including myself, on what can we do to get credible savings on cost control that the Congressional Budget Office would recognize and score as savings in this law.
    And that was a meeting — it was very exciting, once again, because the economists in the room all said the number one thing you need to do is you need to take on the tax subsidy to employer-sponsored insurance.

Now, the problem is, it’s a political nightmare, … and people say, “No, you can’t tax my benefits.” So what we did a lot in that room was talk about, well, how could we make this work?

And Obama was like, “Well, you know” — I mean, he is really a realistic guy. He is like, “Look, I can’t just do this.” He said: “It is just not going to happen politically. The bill will not pass. How do we manage to get there through phases and other things?” And we talked about it. And he was just very interested in that topic.”
    Recognizing that the incriminating Gruber videos — being surfaced now one after another in rapid succession — are actually starting to get critical attention in the mainstream media, the Obama White House is trying to distance itself from the talkative ObamaCare architect.

But Official White House visitor logs make that distancing effort difficult, as the Daily Caller points out:
    President Obama personally crafted a major ObamaCare deception with Jonathan Gruber at one of Gruber’s numerous White House meetings.
    Gruber attended five of the 12 White House meetings with top experts to design Obamacare in 2009, according to a 2011 transcript of an MSNBC program that Gruber appeared on.

Given the “preponderance of the evidence” thus far — and the distinct prospect that even more incriminating Gruber videos will surface — it will likely be increasingly difficult for the Obama White House to credibly claim that the president’s signature legislative accomplishment was passed with any semblance of true transparency or integrity.

You can watch a key part of the Jonathan Gruber “Frontline” interview by clicking on the video above.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/bre...lo0hW23OZK6.99

Banned
    Mark Levin On Gruber, Obamacare Lies: ‘This Is What Sparks Rebellions’

November 15, 2014 7:42 am

(Newsbusters) - Take-no-prisoners radio host Mark Levin is congenitally incapable of mincing words, and his visceral reaction to top Obamacare consultant Jonathan Gruber’s jaw-dropping admission of the law’s inherent deceit is wholly in character.

How much longer, Levin asks, are Americans willing to tolerate a thuggish government “growing more tyrannical every day”?

Levin on his radio show Wednesday night prefaced his remarks by playing audio of Obama’s numerous empty promises about the so-called Affordable Care Act, and a clip of remarks by Donald Berwick, appointed by Obama in 2010 to run the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. During an event two years earlier marking the 60th anniversary of Britain’s socialized health care system, Berwick claimed that “any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized and humane must — must — redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and the less fortunate. Excellent health care is by definition redistributional.”

Levin could barely contain his disgust when it came to Gruber –

https://soundcloud.com/bogtrotter-1/...rks-rebellions
    LEVIN: So far you heard Donald Berwick, who flat-out stated that the purpose of government-run health care is to redistribute wealth, is to redistribute services. Then you heard Obama lie about every aspect of this law that they were constructing and promoting, every piece of it — you could keep your doctor, you could keep your policy, your costs will go down $2,500 a year per family, it would reduce the annual deficit and the overall debt — just absurd.

Now you’re going to hear from Gruber, Professor Gruber again with one additional audio, telling you, bragging about how he lied, how Obamacare as told to you was a fiction, and how the statute itself, its complexity, its length, was used to bamboozle you. And I want to add this — not only was the President of the United States behind this, the entire Democrat party, the entire media, they were all behind it. They were all behind it. Jonathan Gruber – pro-fessa, MIT.

And by the way, the man who uncovered this is a patriot citizen outside of Philadelphia. If you go to my social sites, marklevinshow/facebook, marklevinshow/twitter, I link to a story by Bloomberg News about this gentleman. He lost his health care and literally, in his basement, maybe it’s his mother’s basement, he wanted to know who the people were who were the architects behind this and he started to dig and dig and dig and he listened to these long speeches. He’s the one that came up with this! Not a single major news service — because they didn’t care. They’re cheerleaders — they are Praetorian Guard media. I told you, the media created Obama, they’re not going to destroy him. You’ve heard some of this but again, I’m making the case, one step at a time.

We have Berwick who says, look, this is about redistribution. We have Obama lying through his teeth. Now we have Gruber saying of course they’re lying through their teeth. That’s the only way they could get it passed!

GRUBER: This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies, OK? So it was written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law which said healthy people are going to pay in, it made explicit that healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed, OK? … Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage and basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass and, you know, it’s the second best argument. Look, I wish (fellow panelist Mark Pauly, University of Pennsylvania economist) was right, we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.

LEVIN: I said the other day that these pieces of you-know-what masterminds, who have tenure at universities, the last refuges of the old Soviet Union, and their political puppets, they should thank God every single day that we are a peaceful, law-abiding people because this is what revolutions are made of, ladies and gentlemen. I’m not kidding. This is what sparks rebellions, when the government ceases to be representative and the government is the problem. It’s tyrannical. And I’m telling you right now, our government is tyrannical and it’s growing more tyrannical every day. It’s becoming more and more a police state. And I must tell you, I’m becoming more and more the rebel. And I am intolerant of passive and timid men and women who seek our votes and then go to Washington, D.C., and make peace with tyranny.

This man, Jonathan Gruber, should lose his job as a professor. In the old days he would have been tarred and feathered, the old days they would have put him up in one of those racks and thrown tomatoes at him. Instead I’m sure he has tenure, have a nice pension, he’ll have nice health care, this shameless self-promoter.

Donald Berwick, not incidentally, ran for governor of Massachusetts this year and lost in the Democrat primary. While the White House and Nancy Pelosi are desperately distancing themselves from Gruber — despite overwhelming evidence that he played a pivotal role in crafting Obamacare — don’t be surprised if Gruber is also eventually touted by liberals as a candidate for office. After all, he’s got their playbook down pat.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-co....ZXRzxCnv.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/mark-levin-g....ntu3zryn.dpuf

Banned
    Jonathan Gruber makes The Hotlist w/ Brian Bosché this week. http://conservativevideos.com/obamac...omes-strategy/

Obamacare: When Lying Becomes the Strategy…
    conservativevideos.com
    Jonathan Gruber makes The Hotlist w/ Brian Bosché this week. Do you agree with the Obamacare architect? Is lying a political advantage and are you stupid?

Obamacare: When Lying Becomes the Strategy…

Jonathan Gruber makes The Hotlist w/ Brian Bosché this week. Do you agree with the Obamacare architect? Is lying a political advantage and are you stupid?
    Read more at http://conservativevideos.com/obamac...EXO0SlhoDXT.99

Banned
    Obamacare is a grand hoax perpetrated on an epic scale, so, why are we still having the conversation on whether or not to repeal?

Isn't it elementary at this point?

The Gruber Identity: Why the Epic Malediction that is Obamacare Should Now Be Repealed
    conservativerefocus.com

The Gruber Identity: Why the Epic Malediction that is Obamacare Should Now Be Repealed

November 16th, 2014

Posted by: Barry Secrest
    Published on November 16th, 2014 @ 06:16:02 pm , using 885 words
    Posted in Opinion

Conservative Refocus
    By Barry Secrest
    Is anyone truly surprised that those of us making up the Tea Party who've been called racists, bigots, uneducated hicks, zealots, and other names too numerous to mention, have now ultimately been proven right?

Obamacare, as the epic malediction of ghastly proportion which will warp & twist the US medical system into a thing soon to become unrecognizable, has now been proven to be a hoax --predicated upon a willing mainstream media and its useful and quote-unquote "stupid" apparatchiks.
    All of this after the belated discovery of the truth, which many of us already knew, from none other than one of Obamacare's original architects, Dr. Jon Gruber.

So, who is this Jonathan Gruber? He's an ill-illustrious egg-head from MIT, and quite a weaseley one at that, and he's certainly not a spin Doctor, based upon the raging s**t-storm unfolding around him.

According to Wiki, "He is a key architect of both the 2006 Massachusetts health care reform, sometimes referred to as "Romneycare", and the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, sometimes referred to as "Obamacare".

Romneycare, by the way, collapsed about a year or so ago which led to hundreds of thousands losing coverage, amid much suppression and media quiet.
    An excerpt from the website Moonbattery lays out the penultimate hoax that is Obamacare, about as succinctly as any other known remonstration:
    "1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to uninsure the insured.
    2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.
    3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay more to be insured.
    4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became uninsured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original uninsured can be insured, which to them will be free of charge."

Obamacare has been proven to be nothing much more than a vast redistribution of both medical care and wealth, aimed parenthetically at eventually controlling the US populace in a way unmatched in American history.

But, now we know this for an admitted certainty--Obamacare is a grand hoax perpetrated on an epic scale, so, why are we still having the conversation on whether or not to repeal?

Isn't it elementary at this point?

"It takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people."
    ~Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) on the Affordable Health Act, 3/22/10
    So, what has Dr. Gruber stated thus far which brings us to this point? Let us count the ways....

In the below clip, from 10/17/13, Gruber states the overall impetus of the Obamacare hoax and addresses the "stupidity of American voters."

GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage."

video at link below:

Next up, from 10/4/13, Gruber explains the Cadillac tax and, once again, the"stupidity" of the American voter as causative.

Jonathan Gruber brags about the "basic exploitation" of American voters

video at link below:

In this smoking gun clip from a Frontline interview, Gruber both details and implicates Obama with regard to augmentation of the Obamacare hoax, while further cementing Obama's role in US history as being the King of presidentially cynical liars, quite a legacy, that...

Pretty damaging stuff, but of course--as always, it gets better.

After all of this, including Gruber detailing an oval office meeting with Obama, as usual, Obama gets burned and to the third degree. Listen at how Obama tortuously tries to escape from what has become his now custom-designed rat trap, from 11/15/14.

But it wasn't just our pathological Commander-In-Chief--there's more; listen to the below before-and-after of Rep. Nancy "We have to pass it to know what's in it" Pelosi:

In the above clip from 2009, Pelosi praises Jonothan Gruber as brilliant.
    However, in the below clip from November 2014, Pelosi pretends complete ignorance of Gruber:

The beautiful thing with regard to all of this is the fact that the evidence is not from some dusty transcript, or quotations from some right-wing news site, but rather these are YouTube clips directly from the very players themselves, who have and will continue their collective efforts to lie their way out of what can in no way now be refuted.
    ...Of Ghastly Proportion
    Indeed, watch Gruber's painfully inadequate effort at recanting what cannot be recanted, you see, Gruber was seen to be very passionate in his repeated efforts showing abject contempt for the stupidity of the American voter--he may be sorry--but it was only because he was caught at being what all elites ultimately are--it's why they think of themselves as elites.

So, Gruber is essentially stating "we have to lie to do this?" Mr. Gruber, didn't your Mother teach you anything, Sir?
    Progressives are vainly if not narcissistically superior, but only amongst themselves, and despite a mountain of countermanding evidence to the contrary, for those willing to actually look and see the evidence for what it is.
    This is why Obamacare should be repealed, and you already know of all the other reasons.

So, after we've finally learned the basic truths about Obamacare, what was it that the Mainstream Media was saying about uneducated Tea Party radical hicks?
    The last laugh is a very sweet thing, Ladies and Gentlemen; however, the thing to remember is that if they've been lying all of this time about this, and they have, then what else have they been lying about and to what end?

It's all quite elementary once one's mind can successfully wrap itself around the overall idea.....

http://www.conservativerefocus.com/i...ow-be-repealed
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-17-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Banned

Banned
    GOP Credibility on the Line Over Obamacare

Malinda EdwardsNovember 17, 2014

The GOP must unite in its efforts to stop Obamacare, otherwise it will cost whatever credibility with voters they still have left.
    The following article, by Gregory Tapis, explains why. h/t: Steve Deace
    After much anticipation, polls, and efforts convincing voters to “Vote Republican,” the GOP has achieved its long awaited “Victory.” The “Victory” was decisive. While the majority of messaging from the GOP lacked substance and was essentially, “Drink Coke. We are not Pepsi” marketing, the Republican Party did run heavily on the perils of Obamacare, and even stated it is on the ballot.While this is one policy I am glad the Republican Party was able to convince voters is hurting their bank accounts, I fear this issue may cost Republicans the White House in 2016. After all, this is a promise the Republicans made to all voters who listened to their message and chose to vote Republican, including myself. The American people have spoken and now it is time for Republicans to deliver and use every power available to do so.

In full disclosure, I identify myself as a Tea Party Republican. I supported all the efforts of Senator Ted Cruz in his efforts to defund Obamacare and was equally upset at the 25 Republican Senators who voted to grant Senator Harry Reid cloture and in essence chose not to stop Obamacare when they had the chance. Now things are different. Things are much different.

With a Republican-controlled House and Senate, anything short of fully stopping Obamacare is a failure for the GOP and will cost whatever credibility they have with the conservative base of the Party and perhaps the rest of the voters who put them in charge. In the remaining portion, I describe two options the Republicans have for ending the disaster of Obamacare. One option is safe and must be taken. The other takes us back to what our Founding Fathers envisioned when confronted with a situation like this.

The first option is to repeal Obamacare through legislative action. This is the option I think the Republicans will and frankly should start with. After all, all newly elected Republicans to the Senate ran on repealing Obamacare. It would be both intellectually inconsistent and politically disastrous for them not to vote on repealing Obamacare. Both the House and Senate should make their first order of business completely repealing Obamacare. The Bill will then be sent to President Obama and he will surely veto it. This is when Republicans will be truly tested whether or not they intend to keep their promise regarding Obamacare.

In this option, Republicans may tell us, “See we tried. We passed a Bill in both the House and the Senate repealing Obamacare. Now you need to give us the White House since this is the only way we can repeal Obamacare.” They will hope we listen and do not question. However, if we, as constitutional conservatives accept this answer, we are an equal part of the problem. The true solution to Obamacare is rooted deep in our Nation’s history. The question is whether Republicans meant their promise. If they do intend to keep their promise, Obamacare will still be law but effectively will be dead. This brings me to option two: utilizing the power of the purse.

The Framers of our Constitution had just this type of scenario in mind when they developed the Appropriations Clause of the Constitution. Specifically, Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 states, “No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.” (For a further discussion of the Appropriations Clause, see The Heritage Guide to The Constitution published by the Heritage Foundation).

In the rare instance that Republicans say, “This is not how things are done” or “This is not what was intended by our Framers,” I point to The Federalist No. 58. James Madison states rather eloquently, “The House of Representatives cannot only refuse, but they alone can propose the supplies requisite for the support of the government. They…hold the purse…This power over the purse may, in fact, be regarded as the most complete and effectual weapon with which any constitution can arm the immediate representatives of the people, for obtaining a redress of every grievance, and for carrying into effect every just and salutary method.”
    Gregory Tapis holds a Ph.D. in strategic management from Mississippi State University and consults on strategy with both campaigns and businesses. He lives with his wife in Davenport, Iowa.

About the Author Malinda Edwards

Malinda Edwards makes her home in rural south central Pennsylvania. She is a legendary Do-It-Yourselfer, and a keen observer who never squanders sense and effort on worthless fights. Instead, she goes the distance with passion and finesse, often under the radar, toward worthwhile goals.

Continue reading at http://stevedeace.com/news/keep-promise-obamacare-will-define-gop/

video at link below

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/11/gop...ver-obamacare/

Banned
    Majority of Obamacare Facebook Comments are from less than 100 Unique Profiles » Sons of Liberty Media http://ow.ly/Eqgyv

Majority of Obamacare Facebook Comments are from less than 100 Unique Profiles » Sons of Liberty Media
    ow.ly
    Majority of Obamacare Facebook Comments are from less than 100 Unique Profiles

Written by: Tim Brown
    Published on: November 17, 2014

Written by: Tim Brown
    Published on: November 17, 2014

In February of 2013, Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX) accused the Obama administration of trying to advance their pro-gun confiscation agenda with fake Twitter messages, calling it a “phony spam campaign.” Months later, it was revealed that nearly 20 million of Obama’s followers on Twitter were fake and in the summer of 2012 it was confirmed by researchers at Barracuda. Now, The Washington Times is reporting that Obama’s official Obamacare Facebook page may be following the same footsteps as his Twitter account.

According to the Washington Times, Americans went to the Obamacare Facebook page to talk about their experiences, give their opinions and find out information on the latest round of enrollments in the unconstitutional, pretended legislation that bears Obama’s name.

However, while a person who might drop by and assume there is a lot of activity from many people across the United States, the reality is far from what meets the eyes. Of the 226,838 comments that were made to the Facebook page from September 2012 to early October 2014, sixty percent of those comments can be attributed to a less than a mere 100 unique profiles.

The Times went on to point out that Cindi Huynh, who is a California Obamacare supporter, has at least four Facebook profiles and commented an average of 59 times each day during a 60-day period. While she claims not to have been paid for her posts, she has volunteered for the California Democrat Party and has been approached to be an Obamacare patient advocate, according to the Times.

Pick up Bradlee Dean's powerful testimony, illustrated by former DC Comics artist Danny Bulanadi, in the Sons of Liberty Store.

The Times went on to report that once they made it public that they were investigating the audience of the site, “at least three pro-Obamacare commentators disappeared or deactivated their accounts.”

However, here is a few of The Washington Times’ findings:

• Wanda Milner has posted 4,695 times in the entire timeline evaluated, putting her in the top 25 commentators. Ms. Milner, who is from Canada, told The Times she was passionate about the issue and decided to get active about it. She denied having any aliases or being paid for her actions, but said fake pages were created to mock her. She has “liked” many of Ms. Huynh‘s comments as well as those of other pro-Obamacare posters.
    • Paul J. Nunley is an anti-Obamacare poster who made 2,316 posts in 60 days, ranking only behind Ms. Huynh. A retired veteran from New Mexico, Mr. Nunley said he dedicates his full time to the site to try to “rid it of misinformation.” In the process of doing so, he has made friends with Ms. Huynh and other top posters, and has engaged in online fighting, leading to multiple timeouts of his profile.
    • Eileen A. Wolf, from North Dakota, posted 5,870 times in the entire period evaluated and 325 times in 60 days. She also used the account of her husband, James Wolf, to post prolifically under his name, Mr. Wolf said.

Obama’s former political presidential campaign machine, Obama for America, was the first political campaign in US history to be transformed into a 501(c)4 social welfare non-profit organization. It was renamed as Organizing for America (which makes the Obama’s lots of money as a slush fund) and that organization controls not only Obama’s Twitter account, but also the Obamacare Facebook page.

Lest you think this is no big deal, consider how people behind the scenes are looking to control the flow of information to the populace.

Richard Levick, chairman and chief executive officer of Levick, a public relations and strategic communications firm in Washington, said, “There have been smear campaigns since Adams and Jefferson in the early 1800s and we’re seeing the same thing here, with just a new set of tools.”

“Where do undecided voters, journalists go to get their information? Google. So controlling the search engine is hugely important. We need to know who is our audience, how do we reach them, how do we engage them, and then, how do we control the territory?” he said.

Sounds strangely Orwellian, doesn’t it? But this tells us something about how they view people’s response, doesn’t it? Instead of appealing to the intellect and reason, these social organizers seek to cut out opposing views and present the one they think is best. Just listen to what P. Takis Metaxas, a computer science professor at Wellesley College who studied social media manipulation in the 2012 election cycle had to say:
    “As social animals, we are influenced by our peers’ opinions in many ways. In our research we have seen political zealots interested in the electoral results, time and time again. They do not want to let chance, or their enemies, determine an electoral outcome. So they try to create content that would fool social networks into promoting their own candidates and, in some cases, into spreading lies to the detriment of their opponents.”
    Obama is only the first in a line of politicians (and God help us if the real Alinsky disciple gets elected) who will grab social media and seek to create social change with it. Obama doesn’t have the support he and the media claim he has. Rather, he is merely using the tactics of his mentor

Saul Alinsky, who infamously wrote in Rules for Radicals:
    “Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.”

This is why it is so important for those of us in the alternative (or new) media to get the truth out as best we can, utilizing all the tools in our arsenal. And you, the people, are a vital resource in that endeavor.

Read more at http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/2014/1...ique-profiles/
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-17-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Banned
    Court Packed with Democrats Rules with Obama on Obamacare

Democracy Alliance-backed effort to stock D.C. circuit with Dem-appointed judges pays off

The District of Columbia Court of Appeals / AgnosticPreachersKid

BY: Alana Goodman
    November 17, 2014 5:00 pm

An appeals court packed with progressive judges ruled last Friday in favor of a contraception opt-out clause opposed by some religious groups, handing a victory to the Obama administration.

The Washington Free Beacon reported in August on an effort by progressive judicial activists to fill the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia bench with left-leaning judges, funded in part by a dark-money network of Democratic donors called the Democracy Alliance.
    Since then, the D.C. circuit court has been at the frontlines of several contentious debates over Obamacare, including the court’s September decision to rehear a case challenging a tax credit provision in the health care law.

But last Friday’s ruling is the latest indication of how newly appointed Democratic judges are impacting policy through the D.C. circuit court.
    A three-judge panel upheld a provision backed by the Obama administration that would have the federal government pay for contraception coverage for employees of religious nonprofit groups that are opposed to funding the coverage directly through their insurance providers.
    Some religious employers object to this plan, arguing that they would still be facilitating the purchase of contraception that they are religiously opposed to by offering insurance coverage to their employees.

The three-judge panel included Judge Cornelia Pillard and Judge Robert Wilkins, both recent Obama appointees who were opposed by Senate Republicans. The third member, Judge Judith Rogers, was appointed by President Clinton in 1994.

Pillard and Wilkins were appointed over Republican objections last year after Senate Democrats used the “nuclear option” to repeal filibuster rules that allowed the GOP minority to block judicial nominations.

At a Democracy Alliance meeting in Chicago last spring, a progressive activist group called the American Constitution Society took credit for helping secure filibuster reform in the Senate.

In a private presentation to the donor network, the ACS said it had met its “performance goals,” including “advanc[ing] filibuster reform” by “highlighting [the] issue in national media” and “successfully leveraging attention to create outcry for confirmation of long-stalled D.C. circuit nominees,” according to documents obtained by the Free Beacon.

It also noted that three of the judges confirmed to the D.C. circuit court were ACS members.

The ACS is one of dozens of left-leaning activist groups affiliated with the Democracy Alliance, which connects top Democratic donors to liberal organizations. The Alliance does not publicly disclose its members or the recipients of their donations.

The D.C. circuit court came under fire in September, after it announced it would rehear en banc a challenge to an Obamacare provision that would issue taxpayer-funded subsidies for individuals in states that had set up health care exchanges.

A D.C. circuit panel of judges had already ruled against the Obama administration on the Halbig v. Burwell case, contradicting another ruling by the 4th circuit court of appeals that backed the administration. The split between the circuits made it likely the issue would be taken up by the Supreme Court.

However, the D.C. circuit’s decision to hold a new hearing before the entire court—which now has a majority of Democrat-appointed judges after filibuster reform—was seen by many conservatives as a way to prevent the Obamacare challenge from reaching the Supreme Court.

“You’d no longer have a circuit split, and therefore you’d have a less of a chance the Supreme Court will review,” Cause of Action executive director Daniel Epstein told the Free Beacon in August.

Despite the D.C. circuit’s decision, the Supreme Court announced earlier this month that it would hear the Obamacare challenge anyway. The news prompted the D.C. circuit to postpone its rehearing until the Supreme Court issues a ruling.

Religious groups opposed to the D.C. circuit’s ruling on the contraception challenge last Friday said they would appeal the decision to the Supreme Court as well.

Alana Goodman Email | Full Bio | RSS
    Alana Goodman is a staff writer for the Washington Free Beacon. Prior to joining the Beacon, she was assistant online editor at Commentary. She has written for the Weekly Standard, the New York Post and the Washington Examiner. Goodman graduated from the University of Massachusetts in 2010, and lives in Washington, D.C. Her Twitter handle is @alanagoodman. Her email address is goodman@freebeacon.com.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/court...-on-obamacare/
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-18-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Banned
    #Obama

VIDEOS OF OBAMA IN HIS PAST HAVE A WAY OF BITING HIM IN HIS CORRUPT LYING ASS!

GRUBER WHO?: Obama in 2006, 'I've Stolen Ideas from Jon Gruber Liberally' | Doug Giles | #ClashDaily
    clashdaily.com
    Poor Obama, he can't keep track of all his shady ties at once. Or maybe he is talking about another Jon Gruber in this video?

GRUBER WHO?: Obama in 2006, ‘I’ve Stolen Ideas from Jon Gruber Liberally’

Posted on November 17, 2014

Poor Obama, he can’t keep track of all his shady ties at once. Or maybe he is talking about another Jon Gruber in this video?

“You have already drawn some of the brightest minds from academia and policy circles, many of them I have stolen ideas from liberally, people ranging from Robert Gordon to Austan Goolsbee; Jon Gruber; my dear friend, Jim Wallis here, who can inform what are sometimes dry policy debates with a prophetic voice.”

Banned
    #Democrats

BELIEVE ME YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT I THINK OF AMERICAN LIBERAL COLLEGES!

Democrats Think You Are Stupid ~ Video
    ammoland.com

Colorado --(Ammoland.com)- Caught! A major democrat player admits that lying and deception is the Democrat plan!
    So … are you stupid?

Wild Bill for America

Jonathan Gruber: “And they proposed it and that passed, because American voters are too stupid to understand the difference.”

Gruber: “Lack of transparency’s a huge political advantage. And basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever but basically that was really, really critical to get anything to pass.”

Of course, that’s Jonathan Gruber talking about ObamaCare.

About Wild Bill for America:

Bill grew up in the Colorado Rockies and had a successful career in law enforcement, serving as both a Deputy Sheriff and a Deputy U.S. Marshal. He is a graduate of the Colorado Law enforcement Academy, the Federal Law Enforcement Academy and the U.S. Marshal’s Academy. Prior to law enforcement Bill served with the U.S. Marines as a Corpsman.

As a security specialist, Bill has tackled Islamic violence and intimidation head on, recruiting and training security teams to protect missionaries serving around the world. Having studied Islam intensely and seen how it operates first hand, Bill is well qualified to speak out about the dangers this religion presents.

As one of the first Tea Party members Bill continues his policy of speaking the truth boldly and encouraging others to do the same. Visit: www.wildbillforamerica.com

http://video.ammoland.com/video/The-Stupidity-Factor

Last edited by kathyet2; 11-18-2014 at 09:50 AM.