Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Garth Brooks on Obama: I Love Him to Death;

Garth Brooks on Obama: I Love Him to Death; It's Got to Be Hell In That Office
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011
    By Nicholas Ballasy

(CNSNews.com) - Grammy award-winning singer Garth Brooks told CNSNews.com that he "fully" supports President Barack Obama and that it must be "hell" serving as President of the United States.

Before his performance at the Points of Light Institute's ceremony honoring former President George H. W. Bush at the Kennedy Center on Monday, Brooks was asked if President Obama has lived up to his expectations.

"Yeah, I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out. I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office," said Brooks.

Brooks' comments come as many celebrities who supported President Obama in the 2008 election including Matt Damon and Barbra Streisand have publicly expressed disappointment in President Obama.

Brooks, the closing act in the ceremony, also said the entire political system in America has him "concerned."

"The whole political system kind of has me concerned right now to tell you the truth --200 years old and we might think of about, you know, kind of kicking it in the ass a little bit. It just seems like we vote for things because they're Republican or Democratic," he told CNSNews.com.

Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks. (AP Photo)
    "I think we should vote for them because they're right or wrong and we kind of have seemed to have fallen into that trap so that would be the one warning I would give all us," he said. "Put down where you're from and what flag you fly under and let's get to putting the best person, man or women in the office and let's start making some strides."

When asked for a specific example, Brooks said, "For me, it's if my guy didn't get in then I drag my feet for four years and we don't get anywhere and if my guy gets in, you drag your feet for four years and we don't get anywhere," he said. "We've got to stop doing that. Once we get there let's try to be four years down the road further than we were and let's see what happens. Let's all work together and that's kind of what this is all about tonight."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/gar ... -death-its

Personally I think that this is a good reason this jerk is a singer and not a politician...

Kathyet

Has been.....

Banned
    Never cared for garth brooks or his music.