Glenn Beck

Two years ago a caliphate was "crazy". Now? Not so much...

The caliphate is here: Glenn reacts to the state of the ever-crumbling Middle East
"So what are we doing over there? I don't know. I will tell you this: I won't support...
Glenn Beck

The caliphate is here: Glenn reacts to the state of the ever-crumbling Middle East

Monday, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM EST

Several Videos at the page link:

On Monday’s Glenn Beck Program at 5pm ET on TheBlaze TV, Glenn will be digging up some of the chalkboards and infographics he drew up during his Fox News days to break down what is currently unfolding in Syria, Iraq, and throughout the Middle East. Glenn has been talking about likelihood of an Islamic caliphate, or state, for a number of years, and now, as Baghdad hangs in the balance, it looks like the rest of the media is taking notice. On radio this morning, Glenn offered an in-depth look at the situation on the ground and the United States’ options and interests.

Because of the life that has already been lost fighting Islamic extremists in Iraq, Pat was frank in his explanation of why he would like to see American troops on the ground in Baghdad.
“Got to send 5,000 to 10,000 troops back in there,” Pat said. “You have to defend it, beat this back. You have to go all out and kill these guys. They are bloodthirsty murders, the worst of the worst. What has the last twelve years been about?”
“You know what it’s been about,” Glenn interjected. “It’s been about control, power, and manipulation. It is about building a base there in Iraq.”
“[But] you are going to lose that,” Pat added. “It just falls into the hands of these dirt bags.”
While Glenn recognizes that it is nearly impossible to reconcile the idea that the sacrifice made in Iraq was for naught, he absolutely will not support the deployment of American military personnel. In fact, he “hopes to God we detonate” we detonate the U.S. embassy in Baghdad.
“When we were at CNN, we started looking into the Baghdad embassy… It was estimated [to cost] over $1 billion at the time, and there were no pictures of this. No one was talking about it… It’s bigger than all of Vatican City,” Glenn explained. “When we were on CNN, I started showing pictures of the ground of what they were… starting to build. I said what are we doing?”
It didn’t take long, however, for Glenn and his producers to get word from CNN brass telling them to stop talking.
“The Bush Administration called CNN and said, ‘Tell him to stop talking about the embassy.’ I got pressure from the network to stop talking. Imagine. CNN didn’t like President [Bush], and CNN was telling us, ‘Hey, you know, you might want to stop talking. This is going to hurt our troops,’” Glenn continued. “There was no reason why we should stop. So we continued to talk about the embassy. There’s something wrong with that embassy… I don’t know if it’s an NSA listening post or what it is. But that’s not a normal run-of-the-mill embassy. Period.”
Glenn might not have been able to uncover what was going on at the embassy, he is confident we should not be putting more American soldiers in harms’ way.
“So what are we doing over there? I don’t know. I will tell you this: I won’t support sending another troop over there,” he said emphatically. “You cannot give freedom to people who don’t understand it or don’t want it. We are not the policemen of Iraq. We are not.”
For those who argue that we must weaken the ISIS leadership before the set their sights on the U.S., Glenn believes it is already too late for that. As a result, he believes we are best suited scaling back and strengthening our military as much as possible.
“They are coming here anyway. We are already letting them in over our southern border,” Glenn said. “We say, ‘Look, the world has changed dramatically. It is time for us to pull back and strengthen ourselves – strengthen our family, strengthen our communities, strengthen our schools and hospitals… Pull back and strengthen the United States of America because a storm is coming. Pull the fleet back in and reset because a storm is coming.”
If you are a longtime listener, you will remember that Glenn started talking about the desire and possibility of a caliphate for quite some time. Over the weekend, other media outlets finally started taking notice of what is happening. This morning, Pat put together a compilation of many in the media lambasting Glenn for talking about the danger of a caliphate several years ago.

Ultimately, Glenn reiterated how important it is for the U.S. to stay out of this conflict. He went so far as to draft a short speech President Obama should give to explain to the world where we stand:
The United States of America is 100% behind the nation of Israel. We put our chips behind the nation of Israel. We are not going to send ground troops, but they have a right to defend themselves, and all options, yes, the nuclear option is on the table for them. Whatever they have to do to defend themselves, the United States of America backs them.
To the rest of you: We did our best. I’m sorry to those who are being beheaded. I feel really horrible that that is happening. We tried. We did our best, but we cannot be the one that carries all the water. We have issues here at home. Right now our troops need to be on our borders here in the United States of America because we have MS-13 gang members being sent in. We need our troops on our border, and they are coming home.
I want you to know: America is not going asleep. America is not going to just sit here and lick her wounds. America is going to become strong again. We are not going to make the mistakes of the past. We are not going to push out. We are not going to send our troops everywhere. But I will tell you this: If you screw with us, we will pound you into glass. We have the capability. Everybody on earth knows when the United States of America puts her mind to it, she does everything she needs to do. She will destroy you in a heartbeat.
In my Administration, you come over and you mess with us, I don’t give a flying rat’s ass that you live in a cave or you live in the biggest city in the world. We will pound you into glass. Then we’re not going to rebuild. We’ll be done by 3:30 this afternoon, then we’ll go home and we’ll start designing new cars and new ways to make energy and new ways to make the world a better place and develop new medicines to help people who want to play together nicely and be a citizen of mankind. Not any individual country – a citizen of mankind.
You don’t want to play as a citizen of mankind? You want to chop people’s arms off? Go ahead. At some point, you will step over the line and you will cross into our territory. The minute you do, you’re done. But not the way we’ve done it for the last 14 years. We’ll be done by about 3:30. I’m going to be less arrogant – maybe by 6:00 tonight.

Editor’s Note:
Don’t miss the Glenn Beck Program – Monday at 5pm ET only on TheBlaze TV – for more on this topic. Not a subscriber? Start your 14-day free trial HERE.
Front page image courtesy of the AP

Listen to the full episode:

Video at the page link:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/06/16/...g-middle-east/