Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help with History?

I'm kind of at odds with the Grandson's lesson tonight. I'm thinking the Articles of Confederation sound pretty good up against what we live under now. It's all in the POV I guess, but I don't want to raise a Federal Government lover? What do you guys think about it?

The lesson text.

The Articles of Confederation united 13 independent states. The Articles gave the national government certain powers, but because Americans wanted to guard their newly won freedom, the national government they formed was weak.
    Next come a list of weaknesses:

There was no strong national government.
    At least nine of the 13 states had to agree on any law or decision.
    No single leader controlled the government.
    Congress could not raise a national army without the permission of the states.
    Congress could not collect taxes.
    Congress could not make laws about trade.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Agreed!

Banned
    every one needs to ask that question every day
    are we doing our jobs as Americans
    If we were accused for the crime of being a American could we cut the mustard
    I can can you hmmm... what makes a great American ITS NOT JUST THE NAME

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    every one needs to ask that question every day
    are we doing our jobs as Americans
    If we were accused for the crime of being a American could we cut the mustard
    I can can you hmmm... what makes a great American ITS NOT JUST THE NAME
    A great American is someone who is honest and who does not try and deceive people.

A great American obeys the laws and loves their country and are willing to defend it if necessary.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Agreed!
    Thanks Criockett. I'm not sure it's time to raise a resistance fighter yet either. I'd like to give the boy a little balance. So what happened next in history to give us the Federal monster that was the answer to these "weaknesses?" What was the plan? This is an 11 year old.

Hi Greg. Welcome. Are you and your buds any good on history?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    humm history like in 1940s when 700 deported 10000?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Agreed!
    Thanks Criockett. I'm not sure it's time to raise a resistance fighter yet either. I'd like to give the boy a little balance. So what happened next in history to give us the Federal monster that was the answer to these "weaknesses?" What was the plan? This is an 11 year old.

Well, the main issues that made the Constitution inferior to the Articles were its Article VI debt clause, the fact that it was later ruled to not be a compact between the individual landowners but rather between the corporate states and the federal state, and the failure to set any penalties for acceptance of foreign titles of nobility. Do you realize, for example, that a member of the Bar is an Esquire? That's a title bestowed through the British Bar, but that's another story that would take some time to go into. The problem with the debt clause is that it left the US in perpetual debt to European banks. Unfortunately, only a handful of our federal officials understood or were complicit in this debt entrapment plan, which is why there was so much disagreement over the first and second Bank of the United States (the federal banks that were the precursor to the Federal Reserve). But for all its faults, we managed to skate along under the Constitution fairly well until Lincoln decided to make himself a king through apotheosis and declare war without a declaration of war from Congress because he couldn't let the Confederacy free itself from the nation's secret debt load and because he didn't want to lose the cash cow that inequitable taxation of the agrarian South represented. It's been all downhill from there.

Banned
    id like to think History, is the studie of a place in time,
    we all learn about it in school , and yes im good at it, and if i thik hard enough we all have one thank for asking i was looking about the time of my high school renion and i got a c in civics, but an averge of a b plus in american history what i dont remember i google

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Agreed!

Well, the main issues that made the Constitution inferior to the Articles were its Article VI debt clause, the fact that it was later ruled to not be a compact between the individual landowners but rather between the corporate states and the federal state, and the failure to set any penalties for acceptance of foreign titles of nobility. Do you realize, for example, that a member of the Bar is an Esquire? That's a title bestowed through the British Bar, but that's another story that would take some time to go into. The problem with the debt clause is that it left the US in perpetual debt to European banks. Unfortunately, only a handful of our federal officials understood or were complicit in this debt entrapment plan, which is why there was so much disagreement over the first and second Bank of the United States (the federal banks that were the precursor to the Federal Reserve). But for all its faults, we managed to skate along under the Constitution fairly well until Lincoln decided to make himself a king through apotheosis and declare war without a declaration of war from Congress because he couldn't let the Confederacy free itself from the nation's secret debt load and because he didn't want to lose the cash cow that inequitable taxation of the agrarian South represented. It's been all downhill from there.
    u mmmmm aaaaa u mmm ummm
    ok

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast