Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Did you pop a vessel in your brain while trying to make that last post, "Greg"?

Banned
    I love my government and I’m not always in agreement with it but, the constitution of the United States gives me the right to do just that and the vote.
    I’m not sure why a 5 or 6 grader has studied this. My kids are studying (well my 12 year old) is working on the ancient religions of the world and before that ancient culture. Next term is some my 4th graders in US history but the are just in the state of Ohio realm of things.
    1: All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States
    My POV is children are raised to respect the government . AND THAT’S WHAT THE SCHOOL TEACHES (at least I hope they are )
    Americans Constitution was put in place to protect us. I would think old Mr. Lincoln would roll over in his grave if he seen the dept we have today. But as good old presidents go he would have figured a great way to get us out of this one.
    Its hard to get congress to sign a declaration of war with half of congress is trying to brake from said union.Any strong and intelligent president, will do what he has to do in order to uphold the U.S.A constitution for all Americans.

Let make this short and sweet
    Whether you agree with the governments of the past, the present or the future we have to respect them. The government being in place is what gives us the right to questions it (both sides of the coin) in other countries we all would have to be silent. Our freedoms that the constitution guarantees is what gives us the right to question and vote to change our government.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I love my government and I’m not always in agreement with it but, the constitution of the United States gives me the right to do just that and the vote.
    I’m not sure why a 5 or 6 grader has studied this. My kids are studying (well my 12 year old) is working on the ancient religions of the world and before that ancient culture. Next term is some my 4th graders in US history but the are just in the state of Ohio realm of things.
    1: All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States
    My POV is children are raised to respect the government . AND THAT’S WHAT THE SCHOOL TEACHES (at least I hope they are )
    Americans Constitution was put in place to protect us. I would think old Mr. Lincoln would roll over in his grave if he seen the dept we have today. But as good old presidents go he would have figured a great way to get us out of this one.
    Its hard to get congress to sign a declaration of war with half of congress is trying to brake from said union.Any strong and intelligent president, will do what he has to do in order to uphold the U.S.A constitution for all Americans.

Whether you agree with the governments of the past, the present or the future we have to respect them. The government being in place is what gives us the right to questions it (both sides of the coin) in other countries we all would have to be silent. Our freedoms that the constitution guarantees is what gives us the right to question and vote to change our government.
    It's almost as if this guy has the ability to write a coherent post when the mood strikes him, whether his reasoning is functional or not. Defending the sanctity of the Constitution in the same breath that he praises a President for wiping his arse with it (disregarding the fact that sole authority for declaring war rests with the Congress pursuant Art. 1, Sec. 8 ) demonstrates some level of cognitive dissonance at work.

Some of old Greg's verbiage is oddly evocative of that of another new member when his verbal skills suddenly miraculously improve...

Quote Originally Posted by CG
    we managed to skate along under the Constitution fairly well until Lincoln decided to make himself a king through apotheosis and declare war without a declaration of war from Congress because he couldn't let the Confederacy free itself from the nation's secret debt load
    Got it. I knew that Lincoln was hell bent to stop the states from asserting any power. Didn't understand the why. So many Americans died and we've been lorded over ever since. Thanks CG
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Our freedoms that the constitution guarantees is what gives us the right to question and vote to change our government.
    The Founders provided a path for us to follow in the event our votes no longer provided desired results. A great American would know this. I intend to teach the boy here that he is responsible to watch this government. He will respect to the degree that it's earned.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Greg,
    I was pondering a few of your opinions and I guess they confused me.

So to make this short and sweet:

The country - our great US of A, is not the government. Love of country and questioning, indeed mistrusting the government go hand in hand according to the great writings of the founders. They knew it was important to question and not trust this entity in order to keep it in its place.

I certainly don't respect this government. However, I respect & love our great Constitution and Bill of Rights.......which put the government in place and then warned the people to watch it very carefully for they knew it would morph into a monster if allowed to by the complacency of the people.

So I say to you, this government is slowly dismantling the U.S. Constitution through legislation, executive powers and the judiciary {who is now infiltrated by judges who's opinions and decisions are influenced by international law - NOT the Constitution}

We're in some deep doo doo, Greg. Hope you'll teach your youngsters the value of the Constitution over the beaurocracy of the government.

After all, if they don't understand then future generations won't be securing the Freedom which we hold so sacred yet the government considers nothing less than PESKY ROAD BLOCKS to their power.

my 2 cents
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN

It's almost as if this guy has the ability to write a coherent post when the mood strikes him, whether his reasoning is functional or not. Defending the sanctity of the Constitution in the same breath that he praises a President for wiping his arse with it (disregarding the fact that sole authority for declaring war rests with the Congress pursuant Art. 1, Sec. 8 ) demonstrates some level of cognitive dissonance at work.

Some of old Greg's verbiage is oddly evocative of that of another new member when his verbal skills suddenly miraculously improve...
    did i just get my hand smaked or shoked ?

Banned
    IESpell...IESpell...IESpelll...IESpell...

Banned
    Dear MY TWO CENTS ,
    I would agree with you on one thing, but first let me
    I’m not very intellectual and probing my mind Id say, I should go back and start college all over again just to keep up with this subject I must say though as I went to bed last night I had some kind of faith that I would wake up and not have worry very much whether we would all wake up to a war at our home land . (I said worry much )
    Deep doo doo isn’t the word for what our government has us in this time, cause I think we all would agree we are into it over our heads , but because I love to miss spell beaurocracy with the rest of the U.S. , I hope and pray we can wake something up in the powers that be up dar in Wasinton. Dem And de era of dem ways.
    Please don’t hold me reasonable for the current doo doo, as with my pin and paper I will shovel it , as shovel does, in the months to come.

Now as far as the history lesson, I would like to think our schools as well as most of our parents leave out the no respect parts for the current government, fed or state.
    Teaching children the right of vote, and there are two sides to a vote.
    Teaching the right to disrespect any morphing and goings on that our current government is making possible isn’t an issue for a 12 year old.
    The schools have no point of order when they start teaching the disrespect they have always tried not to teach.

It is so true that Mr. Bush has put more into the war out side of this country then in the problems inside our boarders. It makes me wonder where we at home are left if the less then likeable wanted to start a revolution on the home front.
    I have three family members over in foreign countries in the armed forces and two family members that are vets at home.
    All agree we have some big road blocks but no one thinks we cant get through them and neither do I.

Banned
    Wait a darned minute! You expect us to believe that you can spell "morphing" (or even know the word) yet cannot spell "there" (spelling is "dar" instead)!

Sorry Greg, but I ain't buying what you're selling, chum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast