Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic influence on childrens shows

I know this is not a pressing topic compared to all the issues we face regarding illegal immigration, but I wanted to see if others with young children have noticed this. Toddler aged programming is very focused on Spanish language development. I noticed recently my three year old son was counting his lego blocks in Spanish, up to 10 and I never taught him that. I've been paying more attention to the content of the shows he likes to watch and everything is about teaching Spanish!
    Dora the Explorer
    Go Diego Go
    Sesame Street
    Handy Manny
    Dragon Tales
    All of these shows have Spanish content on every show. And many of the in between shows on Nickelodeon, Noggin and Sprout are teaching Spanish.

I don't understand why it is so pushed on us. These shows are not limited to one network either. They're all doing it. I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess it's just an observation of how much our society is changing. We are losing our English language dominance starting at a very young age.

He doesn't even really watch TV much because he is usually building something or playing with cars or doing puzzles while the show is on but I'm amazed that he picked up the counting and who knows what else. I know I should just get rid of the TV's.

it's NOT an accident, it's merely, i trust, misplaced compassion coupled with, we are good welcoming people. Nothing nefarious.

It is not only geared at kids but adults as well. In Miami Comcast is giving us more Spanish channels every year. There is also one channel that has Creole programs at times. If you want Russian or any other programming you have to get a dish and pay for it.
    Do any of you do crossword puzzles? If so you may ahve noticed that there used to be clues in French once in a while and now they have added Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can just imagine that toddlers won't be able to communicate with their parents anymore, if this trend continues. Just imagine a youngster throwing out a sentence where there are a few words from Spanish, one or two from Haitian Creole, with verbs and adjectives in Mandarin Chinese and Russian, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fisher Price....something my kids grew up on....now specializes in Dora stuff.....My daughter refuses to let my granddaughter have anything Dora..You can't even get an American version of the standard Fisher Price Dollhouse.....It is all with Dora.....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I first noticed this when my granddaughter came to visit. She was watching the Care Bears and they went back and forth between Spanish and English. All the young kids shows are like that. The older kids shows are better though, my niece's son watches the Suite Life of Zack and Cody and a few others and I didn't hear a word of Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    It is not only geared at kids but adults as well. In Miami Comcast is giving us more Spanish channels every year. There is also one channel that has Creole programs at times. If you want Russian or any other programming you have to get a dish and pay for it.
    Do any of you do crossword puzzles? If so you may ahve noticed that there used to be clues in French once in a while and now they have added Spanish.
    We have comcast and we didn't even know we had a spansh channel until my husband accidentally hit the wrong button. They hid it on channel 99 or 100 something all alone surrounded by fuzzed out premium channels.

The PLAN is working. Separating American children from their ENGLISH speaking parents AND grandparents. Soon your little one will be able to converse with illegal aliens and you won't know what's being said. THAT'S BEEN THE PLAN ALL ALONG, with this "bilingual teaching crap." It was NEVER an attempt to teach English to Spanish speaking children. It's about separating American Children from "THE OLD AMERICA" to engineer them for the "NEW FACE of AMERICA."

SPANISH, The Language of slaves and a conquered people.

This has been in the making for the past 10 years, but has become more blatant recently, but I don't see any AMERICAN PARENTS throwing a big enough fit about it, because they are being brain washed to believe that it's a good thing.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

LEARN ENGLISH ONLY!

DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ALIENS; NO MORE COMPASSION

My autistic 3 yr old only watches SpongeBob. No Dora, no Diego, no Sesame Street. If the kids put on a show, where they are speaking in Spanish, I make them turn something else on (or tell them to go outside).

They asked me why I don't want them to learn Spanish. I told them they are already bilingual since they know English and American Sign Language, and even some minimal conversational French. I told them that those are enough languages to be working on at one time.

The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast