Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree with all of you on the fact that these shows force the Spanish language on American culture. My 4-year-old nephew doesn't watch any of these show mainly because he watches movies on DVD more regular tv. I hope my other nephew who is 1 doesn't get into watching shows like Dora and Diego. Learning a second language isn't a bad thing but it shouldn't be forced through children's tv shows. If there are so many shows geared towards Hispanic ethnic group children. Why aren't there be shows geared towards children of European descent. But if shows like that did exist many minorities would call those shows racist. I feel like the rest of you that American shows should only feature the English language.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

The minorities who FLAUNT their OWN cultures while CONDEMNING white, non-Hispanic-European descended Americans for celebrating THEIRS are NO less racist than the KKK-mindset whites they denounce! While my mother's family preserved their Ukranian language and culture, they took GREAT pains to MAKE SURE that my mother and her siblings LEARNED English EARLY on and made it their FIRST language! My mom says that children in AMERICAN schools, REGARDLESS of origin, should, from the START, be taught in ENGLISH and that learning a FOREIGN language should be undertaken ONLY AFTER English has become established as the children's first language! As my multilingual Brazilian friend says, there is ONLY ONE language in OUR country, and it's NOT SPANISH...or any OTHER!

There is a public charter school in my NC town with a Hispanic name. American students spend every day having lessons in Spanish, then English.
    Parents have to apply for the children to go here; I guess American families figure they're doing their kids a favor?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its not just cartoon shows. It is appearing on almost every show I watch now. Peoples Court's Marilyn M always quotes her grandmother in spanish and of course no one knows what she is talking about. So why even say it? Sport programs that my husband watches has people speaking in spanish all the time. Tv commercials have gone overboard to make sure Hispanics are included to the point of never showing white or black people anymore. IMO, it has gotten way out of control.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe there should be a letter writing campaign to the sponsors and producers of "Dora," "Sesame street," etc. and telling them to LEAVE OUR KIDS alone. Spanish speakers need to assimilate to OUR LANGUAGE AND CULTURE and they need to STOP brain washing American kids!

Our kids will study the foreign language of their choice when they get to high school! Can anyone find out who are the movers and shakers behind these traitorous shows that try to brainwash OUR kids into speaking Spanish?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Next thing you know they'll be encouraging bi-national dating with Latinos and future bi-national family raising in school for these poor misguided kids. Why not. They want them to speak their Spanish language by age 10. Just ask OBAMA the unAmerican phoney dreamer. This just makes me sick.

What happened to the strength of the American English Language?

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    The minorities who FLAUNT their OWN cultures while CONDEMNING white, non-Hispanic-European descended Americans for celebrating THEIRS are NO less racist than the KKK-mindset whites they denounce! While my mother's family preserved their Ukranian language and culture, they took GREAT pains to MAKE SURE that my mother and her siblings LEARNED English EARLY on and made it their FIRST language! My mom says that children in AMERICAN schools, REGARDLESS of origin, should, from the START, be taught in ENGLISH and that learning a FOREIGN language should be undertaken ONLY AFTER English has become established as the children's first language! As my multilingual Brazilian friend says, there is ONLY ONE language in OUR country, and it's NOT SPANISH...or any OTHER!
    Completely agree with you on learning a second language after English has been established. English should be the official language of this country. I encourage all of you if haven't to visit proenglish.org
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

just block the channels that spew the jibberish. along with the confusion your kids may have endure, having to listen to a foriegn language tangled into what they see on TV, there is also a different angle of dialect and comprehension in the vandalized "spanglish"aired on tv. not an exact language as english.unless exclusively taught as so, which only is done in the classroom. block it out, dont confuse the tykes.at 14 yrs old i had learned enuf jibberish to understand what the hispanics thought i could not. ive forgotten alot as its not important. ENGLISH ONLY.

With Dora, I'd expect to hear spanish since it originated in South America/mexico and gained popularity with the IA's and spanish families here in the US. My kids watch it and I dont like it when I hear them saying " able' " and counting in spanish. I tell them this is an English speaking household.

What angers me is how American cartoons are now catering to spanish speakers. That is just wrong and traitorous.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Lynne, my three year old grandson is simply not allowed to watch any of those programs. His favorite is Spongebobsquarepants, all in English, or a video.

Although my daughter has tried to be PC, something I think is a passing thing with her (she is 25 and taking college courses, it always does that to people), she is still bothered by the huge push of Spanish in childrens shows these days, I too am bothered.

My 11 year old daughter really does not watch a whole lot of cartoons anymore, mainly the Disney teeny-bopper type programs, but she complains there is even a push of Spanish in those.

If I were you, I'd simply buy DVD's of older cartoons such as those in the 80's (bet you were a kid then, eh?). They love these older, more simpler cartoons, plus, it is a nice walk into the past for you. My daughter has found all sorts of her favorite old cartoons, one by one, on Amazon, and her son loves them, plus he LOVES the old Batman shows from the 60's (oh lord, how corny those were!!).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast