Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We all do have a choice, freedom and the authority in our homes to monitor what our kids watch and listen to, but just the fact that these organizations, producers, studios, conglomerates, big business globalists have completely integrated Spanish into just about every aspect of our society for their own financial advantage only exacerbates the problem of non-assimilation into American society and are encourageing the dumbing down of our kids in the process.

The parents no longer control what is being taught to these kids in our schools, thanks to the Feds taking over our eductional system for their agenda of social engineering. Not only should we control what our kids watch and listen to in our homes, but we need to fight these corporations and keep the glue that holds our country together, OUR LANGUAGE, in tact, up front and at the top of the list. Our disgust with this bilingual crap must resonate outside of the home too.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Lynne, my three year old grandson is simply not allowed to watch any of those programs. His favorite is Spongebobsquarepants, all in English, or a video.

Although my daughter has tried to be PC, something I think is a passing thing with her (she is 25 and taking college courses, it always does that to people), she is still bothered by the huge push of Spanish in childrens shows these days, I too am bothered.

My 11 year old daughter really does not watch a whole lot of cartoons anymore, mainly the Disney teeny-bopper type programs, but she complains there is even a push of Spanish in those.

If I were you, I'd simply buy DVD's of older cartoons such as those in the 80's (bet you were a kid then, eh?). They love these older, more simpler cartoons, plus, it is a nice walk into the past for you. My daughter has found all sorts of her favorite old cartoons, one by one, on Amazon, and her son loves them, plus he LOVES the old Batman shows from the 60's (oh lord, how corny those were!!).
    Those Pink Panther cartoons from the 60's are GREAT! There is hardly any dialog in them and my kids love them!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was at the laundry mat last night and these little girls starting singing "La Cucaracha" and when they got to the "marijuana" part they just sang "ya no puede caminar" again. This young white guy glanced up at the same time in surprise and we grinned at each other. Too much.

Try again. Here anyone can use the school system from 7:15 to 6:00. Just eat breakfast before school and then after school go to the after school program. These programs are in every elementary school in my city.

Mayday: It is the same in Miami Dade County. What is even worse is that they have free babysitting (camp) in the summer for migrant kids (as they call them). They even have free sports for them. This angers me especially since our property taxes are so high.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Swtchick, the Head Start program here has a summer "daycare" program for the "migrant workers" children. They pick them up early in the day and then drop them off in the later afternoon.

On the flip side of that, my daughter went to sign her son up for Head Start this year, she is a full time college student, and barely squeezed under their income guidelines, and no transportation, she has to take him there and back.

I am glad he's in, he needs it, bit it really bothered me that she is living off of her loans and financial aid, and supposedly she had almost too much income (there was an article form our local paper about that program too, and after investigating myself, found that this program did not go to the lengths to investigate the "migrant" families income as they did my daughter).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Mayday: It is the same in Miami Dade County. What is even worse is that they have free babysitting (camp) in the summer for migrant kids (as they call them). They even have free sports for them. This angers me especially since our property taxes are so high.
    Both of my parents worked when I was a kid and I NEVER saw "free" anything offered to American kids back then. We just learned how to stay home alone all summer and knew if we left the house without our parents' permission, we'd get a royal a$$ whippin' that would make our teeth rattle in our heads if we disobeyed.

Talk about coddeling! That's why these people feel like they're entitled to EVERY THING in this country!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    My autistic 3 yr old only watches SpongeBob. No Dora, no Diego, no Sesame Street. If the kids put on a show, where they are speaking in Spanish, I make them turn something else on (or tell them to go outside).

They asked me why I don't want them to learn Spanish. I told them they are already bilingual since they know English and American Sign Language, and even some minimal conversational French. I told them that those are enough languages to be working on at one time.

SeaTurtle I saw the most amazing segment on Fox one night, or was it Glenn Beck, I think it was Glenn Beck. This lady found a method she used for her son who was austistic. You're proably already aware of it, but if not PM me and I'll tell you about it.

OH AE your avatar looks so much like our 16-year-old cat that died. He was a great pet. PURRRRRRRRRDY

Swatchick, how can you still stand it all in that city? It was where I was born and raised and I'll be damned if I'll ever set foot there again. You could do a lot better in another city.

I spent alot of time in Hollywood which is not as bad as Miami. The area I am in is by Aventura so it is not so bad. If I hear people speaking in Spanish I resort to using another language which the person I am with understands. It drives them nuts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast