Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I need some advice about public school teacher

Tonight my family attended Open House for my 5th grade daughter.
    She's had the same teacher for two years and for the most part we've
    grown accustomed to her despite her "eccentric" ways. I've suspected
    she is a lesbian but being this is a public school and she isn't openly
    declaring it I have let sleeping dogs lie.

A few months ago my daughter informed me that
    they discussed an earthquake and when
    a fellow student asked the teacher if it was the work of God she said
    "who's THAT?" then went on, "I don't know who this God person is you can't see, hear or touch." That REALLY bothered me but I kept quiet.

Last week I proofread a paper she wrote about their morning class
    routine and questioned her on what did she mean by they meditate? She
    said they just stand and get really quiet. No harm right????

Well tonight the teacher wanted to discuss everything under the sun
    EXCEPT my daughter's progress. I was very uncomfortable with her going
    on and on about the real estate crisis and then how all of this is happening b/c the world needs to be set right again. Finally we got on the topic of test etc and she said that it was all a part of the system and she didn't buy into the system. She was sick of schools treating kids like little adults and giving them data and more data to learn. She said we all have the power within us to do whatever we want and in HER opinion we all have little gods living in us. My stomach did flip flops.

Then she pulls out a paper with geometric designs on it and said this is how she gets the kids to focus. She puts the paper on the projector and tell them to stare at it. She held the paper up in front of my son who was with us and told him to stare at the center and that everyone sees something different. I said, "excuse me what is that and where did it come from?"

She said it was a tantric drawing from Madrolgo (sP) in India. She found it in a book about Nostradamus (sp)!! She said it helps them focus and quiet their inner being. I told her that we do not meditate and that we find quiet time in prayer with God. She goes "call it what you like but people with beliefs should really be interested in this to find out the truth."

We proceeded (my husband and I) to ask her what is this all about. She became VERY defensive and said it was just an object she has the kids focus on. I said what if I held up an object of the crucifix for the kids to focus on. She insisted this wasn't religious and is only used to silence them. I asked what happened to simply telling them to be quiet. She grew angrier and said this society is changing to the feminine and all of the energy from the sun is coming down on her and others and things are being righted now. No offense to my husband but the feminist change is needed and a good thing. We sat there completely stupified and went back to WHY ARE YOU SHOWING THIS TO OUR CHILDREN???? She said if we didn't want her looking at it she could close her eyes?!?!?!?!? That it was a geometric shape she liked and had blown up. This went on and on with her going around in circles saying, "Do you think I'm trying to teach your kid religion?" I told her YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS this in school so why are you having them meditating????? It ended quickly with her saying this conversation is over!

Well, fast forward ten minutes ago. My daughter informs me she makes them recite something like this EVERY morning for the past two years.

teacher: Being 1 who are you?
    children: creative
    teacher: define yourself
    children: I am that which causes all things to come into existence

Now I am NOT an expert on the occult but this screams WRONG!!! I also feel that this confrontation was supposed to happen tonight I felt God wanted me to know to what extent things had gotten b/c I was clueless mainly b/c my daughter doesn't get 99% of this garbage and b/c I trusted my child in this person's care!!! I am troubled so deep in my spirit. I know this woman is lost and I ended our conversation by telling her that this best not have any bearing on the treatment of my child. She said she had this conversation many, many times (other parents, administration I assume????) I was confused by that until I learned tonight another mother took her kid out b/c of the whole India meditation thing. Now my question is this... what should we do? There's about 3 more weeks left in school. We've explained to my daughter that she is NOT to repeat any of that mantra and not to focus on any drawings she puts up on the projectile.

I'm sorry for the long rant & I hope I posted this in the write forum. There is so much more but I don't want to write a book here. I appreciate any advice you may have.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I think I would run to some school officials.

All of that sounds inappropriate.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

rant away, as a parent, I understand. I would start with talking to the principal, if nothing happens, go to the school board. If you still are having issues, contact the ACLJ

http://www.aclj.org/Default.aspx
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This woman is loopy. I would start by talking to the Principal and then telling every parent you know about her.

I've known her type. I had a customer who I had to see every 3 weeks. I had to go to her house one time (she was a mental therapist of all things, who saw clients at her home in a back office) for my work-not hers. She had pictures all over her house (even fridge magnets) of this fat India man dressed in orange with a HUGE afro who was her "spiritual guide". Her house smelled like brown rice cooking and she had this female friend who she'd call up and they would start talking "baby talk" to each other. I thought she was a lesbian, but then she got a boyfriend. By this time, I was looking for any excuse to dump her as my customer and at that time (ironically) gas had gone up to $1.67 a gallon so I raised my prices (just for her) and she never called me again.

People who are into that stuff are out of it and very lost souls in my opinion. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. One way---not two or three. We are not all "little gods". Its as simple as that....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is she New Age?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Is she New Age?
    Sure sounds like it....

sunsetincali, please keep us updated on this. It is very important in my book at least.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shes probably a goddess worshipping witch . The spirit world is real and sounds like she is on the dark side .

My kid wouldn't be in that class no matter what I had to do ,move, home school, complain to school officials .

I'm sorry for the long rant & I hope I posted this in the write forum. There is so much more but I don't want to write a book here. I appreciate any advice you may have.
    A couple of suggestions.

a. Make an appointment with the school Principal, and basically relate what you have stated here. If the Principal won't take any action, present it to the school board. Don't let them wheedle their way off the hook.

b. Most public schools (all I would think) require teachers to prepare written lesson plans that are directly correlated with the established curriculum. Approval of the lesson plans is usually at the school administration level (department heads perhaps in large schools), but are normally subject to review by the school board as well as by officials from the state. If the teacher's actual classroom presentations are not addressed in the lesson plan, she is violating school / state policy regarding lesson plans. Even if your state or school district has significantly different policies from this, ask anyhow. If the teacher is not required to prepare a lesson plan, demand to know why not since most educators consider the lesson plan to be the foundation for classroom instruction. Also point out, that if the teacher were required to prepare one, and adhere to it, you probably would not have a reason to complain because the teacher would be presenting appropriate material in an appropriate manner.

c. What I said in regard to lesson plans also applies to visual aids (slides, audio, movies, etc.). In fact, the lesson plan should detail at what point a given visual aid (or set of aids) will be presented. Again, most school districts require school board approval of visual aids, just as they approve the text books for each course of instruction. Confirm that this is the case in your school district. If it is, then ask you principal or school board representative who approved the slide she is using to get her students to "focus". If it is not the policy, demand to know why not. Same logic as in b. above.

d. Don't back off. We had an incident in our town several years ago when a lady I worked with learned that one of her son's teachers was showing R rated movies in class. She confronted the principal. He huffed and puffed and did not want to do anything. Some morons in town defended the teacher by saying why pick on him --- all of the teachers did it. The lady persisted, and the teacher was fired. In my opinion, they should have fired the principal as well.

e. Talk to other parents, and see if they have the same concerns as you. Often, people do want to do something, but they need to believe they are not alone. They also need leadership.

Good luck.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

sunsetincali, Have you talked to the principal yet? I am very interested in this situation. Please give us updates as they become available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast