Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would be in the principal's office at 9:00 tomorrow morning! This is very, very disturbing! This woman has no right to inject her cultural idiosyncracies into the classroom! And her comments about "God" and "who's THAT"...is totally unacceptable.

She should be fired on the spot!

Show her this one.

We need to remember that these children are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Many of them will see through some of the brainwashing they are going through.

I just hope it's not when it's to late.

Ugh, my eyes!!! Those things could give someone a seizure! lol!

I'm a Christian but as someone who gets easily stressed, I find some of the methods and teachings from other philosophies and religions very beneficial and personally interesting. I believe all paths lead to God so I'm pretty open about these things.

I see nothing wrong in meditation. If she's got an unruly class and it just gets kids to close their eyes, take deep breaths, and picture something serene like an ocean or a favorite place for a few minutes, there's nothing wrong with that. It's actually very beneficial as it helps to relax and focus the mind - as long as one doesn't turn it into something religious.

However, this is teacher is just pushing her beliefs on inncocent and susceptible children which is WRONG. I'd certainly speak to the principal and if that didn't work go above his/her head.

I'm a Christian but as someone who gets easily stressed, I find some of the methods and teachings from other philosophies and religions very beneficial and personally interesting. I believe all paths lead to God so I'm pretty open about these things.
    All paths lead to God? Last I checked there was only one way.

I'd be interested to know what you think of this teacher telling the kids they are all "little gods". Last I checked, there was only one of these too!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    All paths lead to God? Last I checked there was only one way.

I'd be interested to know what you think of this teacher telling the kids they are all "little gods". Last I checked, there was only one of these too!
    Relax. I knew my comments were going to be misconstrued. This is why I loathe discussing religion with people but I walked right into this one!

First of all, we don't all have the same religious beliefs so I'm open and tolerant of other peoples beliefs. They may not be mine, but I respect them.

Secondly, I thought I made myself clear when I wrote that the teacher had no business indoctrinating her students with her personal beliefs.

As far as my comment "all paths lead to God": I do believe other peaceful religions and Eastern philosophies that promote love, peace and mindfulness, which gets people to tune into their spiritual side, do help to facilitate paths to God - meaning that it puts you in the proper state of mind to connect spiritually and have a relationship with God. Some people call it prayer others meditation. Do I believe in their written religious texts and doctrines? No, I was raised as a Christian and my beliefs are different.

But I do personally believe that GOD is within all of us and that we are all connected:

John 14:20: At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12