Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'll end war as president - NOT

Hillary vows to end war
    By Donald Lambro
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    February 3, 2007

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said yesterday she would end the Iraq war as president if the conflict was still raging when she took office.
    "If we in Congress don't end this war before January 2009, as president, I will," the New York Democrat said at the Democratic National Committee Winter Meeting here.
    Iraq and economic populism were by far the dominant issues among the half-dozen presidential contenders who sought their party leadership's support at the DNC meeting. Mrs. Clinton and her chief rivals repeatedly brought the overflow crowd at the Washington Hilton to its feet in cheering each denunciation of President Bush's war policies.
    After well-received speeches by Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois and former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, who called for early troop withdrawal from a war they said never should have been waged, Mrs. Clinton was under pressure to stake out an equally strong policy position before the fiercely anti-war audience.
    "I want to be very clear about this: If I had been president in October 2002, I would not have started this war," said the former first lady, who has been criticized by anti-war voices for voting to authorize the war and steadfastly refusing to support calls for a military pullout.
    Mrs. Clinton has refused to say her vote for the war was a mistake Cassie : She only doesn't want to admit that her decision was based on Bush' lies. But in her heart she feels sorry for the the troopsand Iraqi people ) and has proposed a cap on troop levels instead of troop reductions. A group of anti-war hecklers could be heard in the packed hall when she talked about her support for a Senate resolution opposing Mr. Bush's plan to send an additional 21,500 troops to Iraq, a resolution some of her rivals have called weak and ineffective.
    But she defended the nonbinding resolution being debated in the Senate.
    "I understand there is frustration and outrage," Mrs. Clinton said, adding that "if we can pass a resolution disapproving of the troop escalation, that will be the first time we said no to President Bush." She also called for cutting funds for the Iraqi army if it does not achieve certain benchmarks.
    Of the three top-tier candidates, Mr. Edwards drew the strongest responses for his emotional message of economic populism as he talked of poverty in America, "children who go to bed hungry" and do not have health care -- repeating the challenging refrain: "Will you stand up for them, will you stand up for America?"
    He condemned the Senate resolution challenging the troop buildup in Iraq as meaningless, and in a pointed remark that some saw as a thinly veiled criticism of Democrats such as Mrs. Clinton, he said: "This is not a time for political calculation. This is a time for political courage. We have to stand up against George Bush's escalation of this war."
    Denouncing those in the party who want to change its policies to broaden its appeal to more moderate voters, Mr. Edwards said, "We don't need to redefine the Democratic Party, we need to reclaim it."
    Mr. Obama, who was received like a celebrity, also condemned the war, saying that the party's candidates had "a responsibility to put forward a plan to get us out of Iraq and [end] the bloodshed." He called for a phased withdrawal from Iraq in three to four months.
    But much of his speech was a more muted, reflective critique of modern-day campaigning, which he said has turned politics "into a game, a blood sport" in which one's opponents "are not just wrong, but they are bad. This is not a game, this is not about digging up skeletons. This is not a contest for TV cameras. It's a contest for America," Mr. Obama said.
    Sen. Christopher J. Dodd of Connecticut also criticized the Democrats' compromise resolution on the war.
    "Frankly, I'm disappointed," Mr. Dodd said. "It's time to get our troops out of the country and we're debating a nonbinding resolution. It's time to send a bill to the president with real teeth in it."
    Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware, Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico and former Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa are scheduled to address the DNC today.

-------

And some people wonder why I vote for the Democrats
    All Democratic candidates want to end the war, and see in blue, Hillary would never have started this war !
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Hillary voted for the war based on her own accessment of the facts. When asked about her decision on her vote, she said it was based her OWN accessment with evidence she knew to be correct.

So don't fall for her flip-flopping on this subject.

She also said during a protest at the capital last spring, that every illegal alien had a right to vote.

And you think she's for the american's?

Better think again. Read about her past if you want to see what she's really all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Hillary voted for the war based on her own accessment of the facts. When asked about her decision on her vote, she said it was based her OWN accessment with evidence she knew to be correct.

So don't fall for her flip-flopping on this subject.

She also said during a protest at the capital last spring, that every illegal alien had a right to vote.

Better think again. Read about her past if you want to see what she's really all about.

Shadow, you are right on, but this has been explained to her over and over again. Don't waste your breath.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    Making a misstatement once means that the person is uninformed. Making a misstatement after the facts have been provided makes the person a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    she was wrong that the evidence was correct. Bush made it look like perfect evidence, while it was all a lie. But at least she wants to end the war, and Bush wants to carry on, and probably all Republican candidates want to continue the war, because the Republicans are funded by the weapon industry.

Quote me her words, I don't believe she ever said that

She is willing to help poor Americans. Hillary is not the first in line, but second. Gore is my number 1. You think McCain is for the Americans ?
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Hilary couldn't even bring her own husband home, what makes her think she can bring the troops home? Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Making a misstatement once means that the person is uninformed. Making a misstatement after the facts have been provided makes the person a liar.
    I will send my donation today / tonight and you'll see that illegal immigration is important issue to me. You should stop stalking me all over this board. You probably look into my profile and see where I posted my last messages to stalk me.

Banned
    "She's the most unbelievable actress I have ever met," said a woman who worked on Hillary's Senate campaign. "I remember one time at a Women's Leadership Forum event in New York, thirty of us sat around Hillary, talking about politics. And she said, 'You know, I love this organization, not just because we sit around and talk about politics, but because of the bonds of friendship forming around us.' The way she said it, people were riveted by her performance. But I had gotten to know her, and I could tell she didn't mean it. She has this unbelievable ability to be a liar. She is soulless."

EDWARD KLEIN
    THE TRUTH ABOUT HILLARY

Banned

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Hilary couldn't even bring her own husband home, what makes her think she can bring the troops home? Geez!

I would bet no women would vote for her just because she didnt divorce billy boy

She is making a promise she cant keep

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast