Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It might shed some light on this as well to know that his father spent 25 years building an Islamic Cultural Center in New York City already, one that opened in 1991, 10 years before 9/11. Obviously using millions of 501 C 3 tax exempt taxpayer underwritten monies to build big "cultural centers" in New York City didn't do a thing to make our country safer, more secure, more prosperous or happier.

So why in the world would New York City want another one? Why would Rauf believe another one was necessary, in the same city?

Look at this thing his father built:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Cu ... f_New_York

Plans for a large Islamic center in New York originally were drawn up in the 1960s. After years of delays—which included raising funds from Muslim countries; a prolonged process of relocating tenants; and the eventual demolition of the buildings on the site—construction of the Islamic Cultural Center began in October 1984.[3] Construction of the associated mosque was begun on May 28, 1987, the day which represented the end of Ramadan.[1] The cornerstone of the minaret was laid on September 26, 1988.[2]

Construction was delayed during the Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait and the First Gulf War.[4] The mosque opened on April 15, 1991, for the feast of Eid ul-Fitr.[5] In the end, more than 46 Muslim countries made contributions toward the $17 million construction cost of the mosque.[6]
    Early life

Rauf was born in Kuwait. His father, Egyptian Imam and Sunni scholar Muhammad Abdul Rauf (1917–2004), moved with the younger Rauf to New York City in the 1960s. The elder Rauf assisted with efforts to create the multimillion dollar Islamic Cultural Center of New York, the first building designed as a mosque in New York City, which took 25 years to complete and opened in 1991.[8]

Rauf earned bachelor's degree in physics from Columbia University[8] in the late 1960s, before earning a master's degree in plasma physics at Stevens University in Hoboken, New Jersey.[9]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feisal_Abdul_Rauf
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm done with being threatened.
    Yep, I think we all are.

That's always been the thing about America. We are undoubtedly the most patient, tolerant, free and peace loving country on earth...but you know there is a breaking point for everything, everyone and anything in this world and that would include the patience and the tolerance of the American people.

It may be a hornet's nest which they've disturbed OR it may be as Japanese Admiral Isorolu Yamamoto said after they bombed Pearl Harbor..."I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant".

Pack up, RALPH. You've got a plane to catch back to wherever it is that you came from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    What I fear is that "they" (whoever exactly "they" are...I guess the Taliban and/or radical Islam via the Imam?) are trying to spread or transfer the war onto American soil.

Does this make sense? Does anyone see this as something that is possibly happening and taking place here with this situation?

It is meant to anger, to disturb, and to beat down the American people. More divide and conquer. It's meant to FORCE Islamic dictatorship upon the American people. This has NOTHING to do with peace.
    The sad truth is that due to the treasonous failure of the last 3 administrations to secure our border and scrutinize immigration, both legal and illegal, we are already infested with enemy combatants who have already taken the war to our soil; they are just waiting for the command to attack. There is not much we can do about that now, but we must realize that for America to in any way appease these monsters would be an absolute disgrace.

America may very well be the last frontier in Islam’s war against the world. If it is, we must fight vehemently to defeat it, and we must and we will win.

Won’t that be a kick in their pants?
    <div>
    </div>

This guy is digging a very deep hole for himself, first it will never get built there, construction unions won't touch that with a ten foot pole and thats just for starters. It will get buried in so much red tape that it will be 10 years before a shovel see's that site. This guy is clueless.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I'm done with being threatened.
    Yep, I think we all are.

That's always been the thing about America. We are undoubtedly the most patient, tolerant, free and peace loving country on earth...but you know there is a breaking point for everything, everyone and anything in this world and that would include the patience and the tolerance of the American people.

It may be a hornet's nest which they've disturbed OR it may be as Japanese Admiral Isorolu Yamamoto said after they bombed Pearl Harbor..."I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant".

Pack up, RALPH. You've got a plane to catch back to wherever it is that you came from.
    Exactly.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This guy is digging a very deep hole for himself, first it will never get built there, construction unions won't touch that with a ten foot pole and thats just for starters. It will get buried in so much red tape that it will be 10 years before a shovel see's that site and that probably wont happen either. This guy is clueless.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Remember September 11 is this Saturday........it is a big day for all of us Americans. I will be having my flag flying high and proudly.....

For a group of people that burn and stomp on our flag, think nothing is wrong to stone women to death( that is happening Saturday as well),ignore our believes and concerns, cheer over what happened on 911, want to start riots because of a Minister in Florida .....we should what????????

He is amazed that we are acting they way we are......good one....

Kathyet

The sad truth is that due to the treasonous failure of the last 3 administrations to secure our border and scrutinize immigration, both legal and illegal, we are already infested with enemy combatants who have already taken the war to our soil; they are just waiting for the command to attack. There is not much we can do about that now, but we must realize that for America to in any way appease these monsters would be an absolute disgrace.

America may very well be the last frontier in Islam’s war against the world. If it is, we must fight vehemently to defeat it, and we must and we will win.

I so agree, melena. I might add that not only would it be a disgrace for us to let it happen it would also be the most dangerous and stupid thing that our country could ever do.

I agree with you too, Reciprocity.
    And Judy...I ALWAYS agree with you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I so agree, melena. I might add that not only would it be a disgrace for us to let it happen it would also be the most dangerous and stupid thing that our country could ever do.

I agree with you too, Reciprocity.
    And Judy...I ALWAYS agree with you!

How are you doing LegalUSCitizen? I see you've changed locations?! Hope all is well for you and yours.

So this guy is saying that the "religion of peace" will rise up in anger and cause great harm to the U.S. That's not saying anything good about Islam. First he claimed to be building bridges, and now threatens violence.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast