Official Languages Act and regulations

Insidious Forced Bilingualism Destroying Canada

By Dick Field
Sunday, December 19, 2010

I am sure the preponderance of Canadians care about Canada. However, given that the main means of our understanding of what Canadians are supposed to think and believe has been primarily in the hands of a very biased Liberal-compliant mass media, particularly the government financed the Canadian Broadcasting Commission (CBC) it has been impossible not be in constant conflict between ourselves and our governments.

Many Canadians have had to spend years struggling to have our governments uphold our fundamental freedoms. On occasion we win a battle but mostly we lose. Why? This pundit believes the answer is that our governments have changed from being our elected representatives governing in our best interests into a never ending sequence of arrogant ego-powered manipulators who believe it is their duty to impose politically correct behaviour, revisionist history, unwanted language laws and ever-increasing restrictions on the freedoms of every one of us.

How do they get away with this ongoing breach of their essential duty to uphold our freedoms and the fundamental principles underlying our laws? Just ask one simple question of your federal or provincial representative.

Ask your MP, MLA or MPP of any stripe why he or she would impose a particular unwanted new law upon the public when it has never been sought by strong public demand, or allow any court to do so. Here is his inevitable answer; “Well I guess, we haven’t explained our new law (program or regulation) well enough, let me try again!â€