Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kindergartener Handcuffed, Arrested

Kindergartener Handcuffed, Arrested
    Saturday, March 31, 2007 5:08:33 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A kindergartener was handcuffed and taken to the Highlands County Jail after acting up in school.

Desre'e Watson's mom says she couldn't believe it when she got the call that her 6-year-old daughter was arrested and jailed on felony charges.

Police say the girl became violent. They say she threw chairs and hit a teacher. But her mom says she's never seen that kind of behavior and believes something must have brought it on.

"I was upset simply fact they handcuffed her and took her to jail, but I just want to find out what really went on,” Lateshia Wilson said.

The 6-year-old faces three charges: disruption of a school function, battery on school employees and resisting arrest. The State Attorney's Office will now decide whether to prosecute or drop the charges.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007 ... ested.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Give the kid the chair!! I first thought this was a April Fool's joke, but I clearly see the world has gone completely MAD! What's next, arresting babies for throwing up in public?

10 swats on the backside, and the embarressment of a public apology should straighten the little brat out.

We have 20 million illegal aliens running wild in the streets and we can't do anything about them so we reward them with amnesty.
    One little 6 year old girl most likely in barbie sneakers they can handle. Handcuffed and arrested? Are you kidding me? This is insanity.
    We have teachers having sex with minors who walk free and get book deals and a child still young enough to like Barney gets arrested......This is why people are pulling their kids from school and homeschooling them.
    As far as resisting arrest, she was probably terrified. I am sure her mother has told her not to get into cars with strangers. This is child abuse!
    We have lost our collective minds and all of our perspective as a nation.
    Shame on that teacher and the principal who apparently have no ability to talk a small child out of a temper tantrum.

I can tell you right now, it's not the kid that is the problem. It's the checked out parents or possibly abuse in the home. Sounds like a very violent child and that leads me to believe it's some thing she has been witnessing at home. She's acting out and role playing.

It's good this happened because now maybe the child can receive some supervision by a state agency and her parents can go to parenting classes.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hMMM, wonder if they'd be HANDCUFFING AN ILLEGAL KID?

You all know.........and have the ACLU slap a multi million dollar lawsuit on the school.

these parents should be raising hell all over airwaves!
    Just a horrible as the little 6 yr old boy getting arrested for harrassment when he kissed the little girl in his class a few years ago!!

That will teach her to act up in class. Give me a Break. The child will grow terrified of the Police and hating school. Talk about a traumatic experience. I would have been swatted and sent to the principals office and my parents called. It would have been end of story.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

looks like they have replaced morning school prayer with reading the kids the Miranda rights. In parts of Texas if kids swear in school there criminally
    charged and go to court, the parents are fined.

Out of control babies, without a loving relative to stay home and nurture
    little ones, just strangers who cannot provide a constant presence. Mom and dad both work to get things for a better life? A bigger house, mommy van with DVD, a BMW ? Some of todays parents want to start with a standard of living better then there parents had after 40 years of work.

That baby needed a hug not handcuffs....but that would be against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    That baby needed a hug not handcuffs....but that would be against the law.
    Oh, I think that one sentence pretty much sums this entire episode up.
    Thanks.

When did the kids become the enemy at the schools with parents completly out of the loop? Was all that really necessary? Couldn't they have called the mother to come get the child? I don't know the history of this child and the school but I just can't imagine there wasn't a way to calm her down. Sometimes children will explode from frustration. Maybe someone sitting down with her to let her speak would have diffused this situation. I'm not a passive kind of mom. My kids know that if they act up there will be consequences but in the heat of the moment sometimes the parent needs to step back a moment and let the child gather himself together and deal with the outburst under calmer circumstances.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/ ... 0601.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video ... id=690574n

"A video camera, which was rolling March 14 as part of a teacher's classroom self-improvement exercise, captured images of the girl tearing papers off a bulletin board, climbing on a table and punching an assistant principal before police were called to Fairmount Park Elementary School. "

Times sure have changed. When I was a kid, if I was tearing papers off of a bulletin board, climbing on tables or punched ANYONE, especially an adult, my butt would have been paddled. In today's pc society, we have everyone making excuses for these little brats and then wondering why we have gangs and criminals prowling our streets. How much time is a teacher supposed to spend controlling one kid, while the other thirty are losing out on their education? No wonder test scores are low and we need cops in our schools. Education starts when the kids are little, and if you don't have a solid foundation, the problems will only get worse.

If you haven't seen the video, please take a look at it. It seems that the school did everything in it's power to get this kid under control. What if she fell off of the table and broke her head open? What if she seriously injured another student in her tyrade? I would not even want to be a teacher nowadays because the parents are sue happy and the idiot public backs them up.

The cops aren't throwing this kid around like she is on the show "Cops", they are teaching her a lesson, because obviously the parent is negligent in teaching her right from wrong. Something tells me there is more to the story than meets the eye. Common sense and respect...two qualities this child or her parents do not have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast