Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

L.A. high school football player fatally wounded

L.A. high school football player fatally wounded
    From the Associated Press
    August 3, 2008

Police are hunting for a gunman who shot a 16-year-old football player to death Saturday night on a Los Angeles street.

Police say Edward Satterstron, a student at John Francis Polytechnic High School in the San Fernando Valley, was walking with a friend not far from the school when he was confronted by a man wielding a gun around 9 p.m.

Police said the man shot the boy several times in the chest. The teen staggered to a nearby Taco Bell, where he collapsed.

Police are seeking a man ranging in age from his late teens to early 20s.

http://tinyurl.com/6rwe56
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please keep us posted, butterbean, if this was some sort of personal vengeance or did drug cartels have something to do with this. I hope this young man makes it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's near John MacArthur's church.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Please keep us posted, butterbean, if this was some sort of personal vengeance or did drug cartels have something to do with this. I hope this young man makes it.
    The young man was shot to death...

This teenager was killed on SATURDAY NIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FRIEND, and this is all the information the police have on this killer? Something is up.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    This teenager was killed on SATURDAY NIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FRIEND, and this is all the information the police have on this killer? Something is up.
    Sure does sound suspicious. No description being released? Obvioulsy someone got a look at him if they were able to discern the age of the killer.

Where's the rest of the description?

Here's an update on the suspect...
    Article Last Updated: 08/03/2008 03:39:36 PM PDT

NORTH HOLLYWOOD - A 16-year-old Sun Valley boy who played football for John Francis Polytechnic High School was killed behind a North Hollywood restaurant, police said today, the second Poly High football player shot to death in two months.
    Edward Satterstrom was walking near Laurel Canyon and Roscoe boulevards about 9 p.m. Saturday when he was confronted by a gunman, police said. Witnesses told detectives the man pulled out a gun and fired several shots, hitting Edward in the upper torso.

After being shot, Edward staggered to a nearby Taco Bell, where he collapsed. He was taken to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, where he died.

Edward's mother, who did not want her name used, described her son as a driven athlete who always thought of others first.

"He was such a good kid. He took care of his six brothers and sisters like a father," she said, pausing several times to compose herself. "They all adored him and looked up to him so much. He was a parent figure in their lives."

After high school, Edward had his sights set on playing football for the University of Southern California, said his girlfriend, Veronica, 15, who declined to give her last name.

"He wanted to be a Trojan," she said as she fought back tears. "His room is covered in USC posters. ... He wanted to go to school there more than anything."

If he wasn't on the football field or in the classroom, chances are he was looking after his family, she added.

"When his grandmother got

sick he was the one taking care of her," she said. "He was so good to his family, he cared so much about everyone in his life. I'm still in shock. I have known Eddie forever. I just can't believe he's gone."
    Outside of the restaurant today where he was shot, drops of dried blood lined the sidewalk.

"This is terrible. I'm disgusted. You would think someone would come clean this up," said Scott Curtis, 32, as he pushed his 9-month-old son in a stroller. "I walk this street with my son every day and it's so surprising that a shooting like this happened here.

"This used to be a safe neighborhood, but now I find myself worrying about the safety of my own family."

Curtis said he plans on moving from the area.

"I grew up in the Valley and I love it here, but this type of stuff makes me realize that it just doesn't make sense for my family to be here," he said.

Police are searching for a Latino juvenile with slicked-back hair, wearing a black shirt and gray pants at the time of the shooting.

This marks the second time in just over two months that a Poly High football player has been shot to death.

On May 31, Jesus Florian, 17, was killed after confronting gang members who were trying to crash a Sun Valley party. Known as Chimpo, he was not a gang member.

Anyone with information can call the Los Angeles Police Department's North Hollywood homicide detectives at 818-623-4075.

For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out Mean Streets, the Daily News crime blog.

http://<br /> <a href="http://www.d...source=rss</a>

Just watched a report on fox news about a "person" that ran into a crowd of people in a car but thier was no name or picture of the guy that did it they refered to him only as the suspect.

Why do I get the feeling that when ever they report on these crimes and the person involved is an illegal immigrant that they do not includes identities for fear of letting the American people know what is really happening with these illegals.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Thanks to this website, I think the American people are getting their oomph back to question everything government does and does not reveal.
    I just fear how much more there is out there, but thanks ALIPAC for giving a national forum for us to find out how much of a problem there is in this country with lawless illegals, and even law-abiding illegals. TV news only has so much time to devote to this, if at all, especially if there is some latest scandal with some celebrity.

Police are searching for a Latino juvenile with slicked-back hair, wearing a black shirt and gray pants at the time of the shooting.
    IMO, the description was held back because they knew it would cause an uproar! This is probably ANOTHER GANG RELATED MURDER! Americans arent even safe walking on our streets anymore.

I am sorry for the family and my prayers do go out to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast