There are a few things I don't understand
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 40372/1345

The older I get the more I realize there are many things I do not understand.

I do not understand:

1. Why there are members of our Congress who will say that they do not believe what Gen. Petraeus says…even before he has begun his testimony.

2. Why many of the members of our Congress accept donations from the disreputable MoveOn.Org. and are unwilling to condemn the despicable ad in the New York Times, which, by the way, gave them a hefty discount on their ad.

3. Why more of our citizens do not pay attention to what is happening in our country, or speak out against the outrageous tax hikes, the waste of taxpayer money on ridiculous boondoggle earmarks, the one-sided news coverage of the mainstream media, the total lunacy of the immigration situation, the idea that everyone should receive free health care, and finally, that not winning in Iraq will be the end of our free country as we have known it.

4. Why our schools are not instilling in our children the ideals of our founders, the love and respect they should have for our flag, our country, and our military, while at the same time installing special washing facilities for Muslims, while at the same time insisting on bringing into the health curriculum sex information of the most graphic nature, even at the sixth-grade level.

5. Why, in our own high school, there are books such as "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore , the "I Hate Republicans Reader" by Clint Willis, and others of their ilk, but not any recent copies of books by conservative authors.

Lord, help me; I do not understand.

Viola Sheppard
Fond du Lac