Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Los Angeles remains US homeless capital

Los Angeles remains US homeless capital

Los Angeles remains the United States homeless capital with more than 40,000 people sleeping rough every night, official figures showed Thursday.

Figures released by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) showed that there were 40,144 people living on the streets of the city out of a population of around four million.

Across the entire region of Los Angeles county, which has a population of around 10 million, there were 73,000 homeless, the LAHSA study found.

The last major survey of homelessness in the city two years ago found 88,000 homeless, although because of changes to the methods used to reach the totals, the two tallies are not comparable, the study said.

Nevertheless, Los Angeles remains the city with the United States' worst homeless problem, said LAHSA executive director Rebecca Isaacs.

"The situation is still extremely serious. Clearly, a great deal of work remains to be done to reduce end homelessness in our county," Isaacs said.

Of the 73,000 homeless, 10,000 were minors, 24,505 suffered from a mental illness, 8,453 were military veterans and nearly 7,200 were victims of domestic abuse.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

This is an epidemic across our nation and not limited to LA. But yet we have no problem giving HUD Housing, Wefare checks to Illegal Aliens... I have a real problem with a country that treats it's own so poorly that they are degraded to this level... I want action.. I want these corrupt politicians arrested... I want the fraud waist and abuse of our tax dollars to stop now... and I mean yesterday
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LA remains US Homeless Capitol

I agree with you Airbornesapper7. This has been an issue that I have raised with my represenatives in my district here in North Carolina. This does not make sense at all. There is no excuse for the way our federal,state and local governments put the welfare of people who are in this country above our own citizens. These people get more sympathy than our own and there has got to be a stopping point somewhere. American citizens go without while illegals are well taken care of. They receive these benefits even though they are working and sending money back to their countries of origin. As my mother always taught us, charity begins at home. This is wrong and our elected officials know its wrong. There needs to be an uprising in this country like never before. I am sick and tired of whats going on in this country. There needs to be some major house cleaning done in our government. Our tax dollars are used to take care of these people and as long as they are taken care of the H--- with our own citizens. This is ashame indeed and I wish the rest of the world could see and know how our government is taking care of illegal immigrants and casting their own out in the cold."ONE LOVE" AND JAH BLESS

Many of the homeless shelters in L.A. are half empty every night because they have a 10:00 p.m. curfew and they do not allow smoking or drugs. Therefore, lots of homeless prefer living on the streets where they have the freedom to do whatever they want.

Instead of tackling this problem, the brain-dead L.A. City Council passed a unanimous resolution this week which allows the homeless TO SLEEP ON ANY PUBLIC STREET IN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.! What are they going to do if someone over-sleeps??? TOW THEM AWAY????

Wait until residents of Brentwood, Bel Air, Westwood, Malibu, etc wake up some morning and discover that someone has been "camping out" in front of their house and used their sidewalk as a bathroom, and other disgusting acts! Are they going to send out the sanitation dept. to wash down the sidewalks?

Oh, yes...City Council refers to the homeless as "Journeymen" who are just "camping out"! Unbelievable!!!

There is NO EXCUSE for ignoring this problem and not providing viable solutions! L.A. is only concerned about the welfare of it's precious illegals!

So Los Angeles (The City of Angles, my ╣╙╙!, more like the city of the devil incarnate) is now not only the street gang capitol of the world but the homeless capitol as well? Well, with the politicians currently running it I can certainly see why.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Re: LA remains US Homeless Capitol

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    ONE LOVE" AND JAH BLESS
    I've often wondered what Mr. Marley would think about the illegal alien problem in the US. I don't think he would be on our side
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada