Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Marsha Blackburn: Tennessee Voters Want Brett Kavanaugh Confirmed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Marsha Blackburn: Tennessee Voters Want Brett Kavanaugh Confirmed

Marsha Blackburn: Tennessee Voters Want Brett Kavanaugh Confirmed

October 1, 2018

Chris Butler

NASHVILLE, Tennessee–Republican U.S. Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn says voters across Tennessee want Brett Kavanaugh confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Blackburn also said voters have told her what they think of sexual assault allegations a California woman has made against him. U.S. senators hosted the woman during a Judiciary Committee meeting last week.

“They think this is a PR stunt by the Democrats. They look at this as character assassination, and they do see it as dirty politics,” Blackburn said Saturday at a Vanderbilt football tailgating event.

“They are looking at the Kavanaugh thing and thinking ‘I can’t imagine how I would feel if this was my brother, my dad, my son, my spouse. How would I feel when there’s an accuser who has no one that corroborates what she said?’”

“People see this as an issue of fairness,” Blackburn said.

Blackburn is currently running against Democrat Phil Bredesen, Tennessee’s former governor.

Other Tennessee Republican Party officials attended the event.

They said last week’s Kavanaugh hearings in Washington, D.C. — and voters’ reactions to them — will influence this fall’s U.S. Senate election.

Tennessee Republican Party Chair Scott Golden, who attended Saturday’s event, told The Tennessee Star the hearings have “exposed the left and the right.”

“Do the voters want someone who sits on the side of Cory Booker, Chuck Schumer, and Kirsten Gillibrand, or do they want someone on the side of Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton?” Golden asked.

“There is a stark contrast on what Republicans and Democrats think.”

Bill Lee also attended Saturday’s event, although he was unavailable to speak to The Star.

As reported, Blackburn and the state GOP have called out Bredesen for not saying how he would vote on Kavanaugh if he were in the U.S. Senate.

Tennessee’s current Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker have both said they will support Kavanaugh.

Bredesen has danced around the Kavanaugh issue for more than two months, saying he needs more time to consider whether he supports President Donald Trump’s selection, The Star reported earlier this month.

http://tennesseestar.com/2018/10/01/...ugh-confirmed/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 10-02-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)