Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe we should let the lions eat these envirofreaks.

I live in the same state as AE. My beef is that the liberals seem to WANT more and more people to move here, and they are gearing up to get heavily federally subsidized transportation programs and also doing some massive rezoning to get us ---or at least future transplants---to live in high density dwellings in the inner-city areas. The problem is that people here don't merely stay in the city---they will be swarming over the whole landscape including recreational areas and thus we will need more rules to deal with them, and the governments will charge more service fees in the state parks and recreation areas. It will be a real mess. I call it the "Growth Agenda" and it is driven not by the environmentalists, so much, as by the political strategists, the PC social justice activists and the professional planners.

I don't want to see it happen and am intensely involved in these transportation planning discussions throughout our metropolitan region. It takes a lot of time, but a number of conservative people...and some environmental activists as well...want to sink at least part of this overly expensive, taxpayer funded transportation plan.

Most of the people around here are just as liberal as San Francisco residents. Sure they spend a lot of time in the outdoors where it used to be just fishermen, hikers and hunters. But politically they are as far left as you could find...with the possible exception of Chicago.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds to me the officer was just going on a personal gratified power trip!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    They are taking over CaptainRon. Seems ever since light rail was put in, they came swarming in. Oregon is not the same Oregon it used to be.

I am tired about hearing about "watersheds" and just want to hear people call it a "crick" again (CaptainRon, you know what I'm talking about, all true NWesterners call it a crick).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everybody in rural America calls it a crick. It's them thar cityslickers that are the problem with their 75 cent words and all. Need to figure out how to send 'em all packin' and back to their highrise suites and apartments.

Glad to hear there are plenty of normal people out there who do call it that. So, being from the midwest, which is where a lot of Northwesterners ancestors are from, do people out that way, at least the "older" generations, say "oh, why" instead of "well" in the pause of their sentences?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Glad to hear there are plenty of normal people out there who do call it that. So, being from the midwest, which is where a lot of Northwesterners ancestors are from, do people out that way, at least the "older" generations, say "oh, why" instead of "well" in the pause of their sentences?
    I'm from the midwest, although I'm in North Carolina now, and I grew up with "oh why ...." pronounced "oh wy".

Be careful American Elizabeth, you're make me very very homesick!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Funny. My great-grandmother came from Wisconsin, and on the other side (both paternal) came from southern IL.

I remember all of my fathers family talking this way. However, it is something that stuck with most people out here as even my mother, who's fathers family came in the 20's from Massachussets, talks like this, she was born and raised here.

Each time I watch "White Christmas" and hear Bing Crosby (he was from Tacoma, WA) talk, makes me miss them all more (pretty much all on my fathers side are gone now).

Remeber this little piece of midnight legislation
    http://ahrcanum.wordpress.com/2009/03/3 ... ibus-bill/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This one?

The Land Grab Omnibus Bill
    March 30, 2009 by ahrcanum

This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land
    Adding to his promise of change and hope, President Obama today will give the government more control over grabbing American land and how it is used.

Obama is fast becoming the best magician in the world, first print money out of thin air and now grabbing land away from private enterprise with his signature. He is expected today sign into law the land bill that merges 164 separate bills for parks, wilderness and conservation projects into one single bill- the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009.

The Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Protection Act, as it was originally proposed is yet another broken promise of transparency. The bill has not been made available for more than five days; this time due to the fact he is scheduled to leave for London Tuesday. “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as president, you, the public, will have five days to look on line and find out what’s in it before I sign it. â€

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast