As I sat here, lastnight, thinking about the incident, trying to mentally get a visual of it all, it dawned on me something, he did not have the hat on, and the uniform colors, he was a county sheriff.

It was a surprise to me, when I thought he was Forest Service, as they are almost always pleasant and pretty easy going, and this guy (he was in his latter 50's upward to early 60's) was straight faced and too authoritative (in that age group, Forest Service have had years under their belts and are really easy going).

I mentioned this to my son who had turned to watch intently (my husband has thick glasses, and at that distance, he could not really tell), he sat there, and the light went on, he said "oh, you're right".

Yet my concern is still the question "do you have permission to be out here?", maybe even more so now when I realized he was county. Hope he was really one guy with a stiff attitude, and this was his only reason to be asking this question, in this way.

CaptainRon, they are trying to repeal Sam Adams, Portlands mayor, if you are in Portland, make sure to sign it. He is the one pressing for so much growth, condensing of properties being developed (no single homes, only row homes, condos) and also using diverted funds to make radical changes to the streets to benefit bikers only.