Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What a Fool...

Do they really think they can conn us AGAIN into another amnesty? Where do these people get the nerve to LIE to Americans on such a massive scale? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    The above Link received a 404 error; the following link worked:

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/nc ... 03464.html
    Thanks for the correction. I went back and edited the original link. That pesky [/i] at the end was a result of the still malfunctioning comment tools on here. I had tried to use the "i" button earlier in the post and the html command apparently got added to the end of the link.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Remember, we don't hate Hispanics, and not all Latino's are illegal aliens.

Furthermore, I guess Food Lion can cater to whomever they want. Last time I checked it was a free country. They have the right to choose the shoppers they want to cater to and we have the right to shop where we want. Sorry, but that's what having the freedom of choice is all about.

Okay, I'm now going to exit my devil's advocate roll........

Personally, I hope this choice causes Food Lion to fall flat on their face. In a perfect world there will be no illegal alien amnesty, Republican's will take control of the Congress in 2010 (the newly elected being anti-illegal immigration), the immigration enforcement vice (or vise) will tighten to unheard of levels, E-verify will become mandatory for all businesses, birth right citizenship we end, and the border will actually be secured. If this happens Food Lion will see it's Hispanic customer base erode because over 80% of the illegal aliens in this country are Hispanic.
    Of course I don't hate Hispanics, and my wife will be glad to reiterate that in her native Spanish tongue.

MW, I know you were merely projecting wishful thinking my friend, but this ain't no perfect world, and if it were, Republicans hardly befit the moniker "perfect". Let us not forget that is the party that brought us to where we are today through deception and indecisiveness. I'm not falling for a resurrection of the old guard in the name of conservatism. It's time for a new model!

Compare Foods is a grocery around the corner from me and their motto , "Nobody knows the neighborhood like Compare Foods" is proving very true around here as everyone, both customers and employees speak Spanish, sometimes needing to call a manager to translate things like "where is the yeast." And the veggie section is very interesting--no green beans in sight but things like jalapeno and habanero peppers, nopale cactus pads and six-foot stalks of sugar cane. The dried beans are in open bins where snot-nosed anchor babies love to play with them. Browsing the meat section there is hamburger, chicken and goat meat. Tortillas come in packs of 50 and 100, rice in 50 lb. bags and you can get 5 dozen eggs in one package and the spice packages from Mexico are not translated into English.
    I have been going to Food Lion as they have pretty good prices on canned goods, but I go to Harris Teeter for meats and fish and veggies. In neither of those stores have I run across wild mobs of anchor babies chasing each other through the aisles, like at Compare. And I refuse to go there ever since the outbreak of the Mexican flu.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    tiredofapathy wrote:

MW, I know you were merely projecting wishful thinking my friend, but this ain't no perfect world, and if it were, Republicans hardly befit the moniker "perfect". Let us not forget that is the party that brought us to where we are today through deception and indecisiveness. I'm not falling for a resurrection of the old guard in the name of conservatism. It's time for a new model!
    Hmmm........are you saying you're satisfied with a Democrat controlled Congress and White House? Where illegal immigration and border security is concerned, Obama and his DHS Secretary are sending us down a path that will eventually end in a disaster for the American people. The disaster I'm speaking of will be much worse than anything experienced during the Bush administration (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, I have to agree with tired. Partisan politics is tearing this country apart, and neither Dem or Rep really cares about keeping this country together as a nation.
    We have been invaded during both party administrations and control of Congress, because the American people have not really spoken up, and our dear law makers have done their best to look the other way when it comes to illegals affecting our lives, while they see where the re-election dollars are coming from: big business.
    There is still so much lethargic response from the American masses, and things will only get worse unless we pounce on those that are supposed to speak for us, whether Dem or Rep. Whatever happened to a party of COMMON SENSE?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will they have Hispanic prices and then the special non Hispanic pricing?

I don't believe all registered members of the two "major" political parties see most issues the same including our problem with the ILLEGALS; Heath Schuler continues to submit the e-verify and not all republicans support the bill nor do all democrats opposed the bill. I have said this before but I believe it is valid. "The problem for at least the last 20 years is too many Elitist Politicians from both major Political Parties, have been willing to turn the United States into a welfare state to insure most of our citizens obtain Third World status by importing ILLEGALS for "cheap labor" to take United States Citizen’s jobs for their Political Contributors and Special Interest Groups or outsourcing United States Citizen’s jobs to Third World Countries. Too many U.S. Citizens are wrapped up into "winning one" for their political party and our nation's survival becomes secondary to PARTY Loyalty!"

P.S. I was at my local Kroger’s a few weeks ago and most of the meat was tagged as originating from mexico or smartly tagged as being from U.S./Canada/Mexico. Surprisingly, of course, all of the tomatoes were tagged as originating from mexico, was there not a recent scare concerning Mexican tomato products!

MW
    Iccat wrote:

I don't believe all registered members of the two "major" political parties see most issues the same including our problem with the ILLEGALS; Heath Schuler continues to submit the e-verify and not all republicans support the bill nor do all democrats opposed the bill.
    A large majority of the Democrats in Congress support amnesty and a large majority of Republicans don't.

Regarding Heath Schuler's SAVE Act bill, most of the cosponsors are Republican. Further, most Democrats do oppose the bill and most Republicans support it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just saying that the issue does NOT follow straight "party" lines, we have a "republican" U.S. Senator in our state who wants to be governor. While she continues most of the time voting correctly on the ILLEGAL issue she makes backroom deals that weakens anti-ILLEGAL legislation in particular she is proud of a midnight Christmas holiday gutting of the Fence Bill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast