Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All the Food Lions in my area are closing down. The last time I went in one was about 10 years ago and it was so dirty and trashy that I left without buying anything.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

vortex wrote:
    Whatever happened to a party of COMMON SENSE?
    Well said my friend, well said!

MW, It's pointless to debate partisanship and I don't understand why that has persisted in this thread (or others for that matter).

I have never been a victim of the party mentality and it has served me well with respect to my individual integrity and moral conscience. I have never felt compelled to apologize for my vote, nor whom or what I supported. I vote on principle every single time, and if there is no candidate I can support then I do not vote on the premise that the lesser evil serves us better in the long run. I simply withhold my vote.

In short, I put my faith and trust in God and the wisdom he gives me to discern the right path. No party can offer guidance anywhere close to that. Not one...

Now if you will forgive my enthusiasm and indulge me for just a moment, wouldn't it be interesting if we all started thinking this way and combined our efforts to support a new party with new leadership? A party where ethics and morals dictated actions and activities?

A Utopian concept you say? Perhaps....but if one seeks to repair anything that is broken they typically do not replace the broken part with another broken one - they put on something new. Isn't it time we started applying that rationale to our political system?

Oh sure, I understand it may not generate a win in upcoming elections, but it will give honest people hope and something to believe in and get behind.

Christians especially understand the value of hope, and there is a new bloc of voters emerging who will welcome the invitation to respond to ethical and moral leaders. I think it would be a shame if all they had to choose from were Democrats, Libertarians and Republicans. In spite of the fact that there are good people in each of the parties, they all fall under subjection of their party leadership and so cannot be trusted to do the right thing. We have seen ample evidence of that often enough...

I'm well aware of all the dissenters out there who say that a new party has no chance of winning, and unless we throw our votes behind the Republican Party all is lost. To that I say, "When did we lose sight of God's sovereignty and put our faith in the manipulations of man's design? Do what's right and morally correct and let God deal with the details!"

History reveals that faith in God's guidance led to the establishment of this nation, and I submit that divergence from that course will result in the destruction of it. The handwriting is already on the wall for those with eyes to see...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123