New Mexico VA Hospital Assigns Vets To Doctors Who No longer Exist

By Steve Straub On May 24, 2014 · 63 Comments · In US

As the VA scandal continues to get bigger, NBC News reports a Veterans Affairs hospital in Albuquerque, NM assigned new patients to doctors who no longer work there!

The NBC report also claims that veterans were mistreated when they complained about problems, in fact one patient, Retired Air Force Colonel Renee Sussman, who was diagnosed with breast cancer stopped going to the VA because of the bad treatment.
“I called the pathologist and asked where it was [the biopsy results] the breast surgeon needed it for my surgery. … he said that I would get it when I would get it,” she said. “And I said, ‘Well, that’s unacceptable.’ And so his answer to me was to call the president. And then he hung up on me.”
As a result of her experience, she wonders whether her experience in Albuquerque is emblematic of the broader scandal rippling through more than a score of the VA’s 1,700 hospitals and clinics.
“It’s in general how they treat patients, how they talk to patents, how they think of them, how they think of us,” she said.
NBC News also discovered that the Albuquerque facility had two sets of wait lists, just like the VA hospital in Phoenix. One, which showed wait times of zero days, while a separate, secret list showed actual wait times, which could be up to several months or more.

Watch the video:

What do you think about a VA Hospital that assigns patients to Doctors that don’t actually exist? Is this what government run health care would look like?

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...o-longer-exist