Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Newbie being swayed

I have been observing this site for at least a few years now. I have typically supported your cause, but because of the intolerance and ignorance I have seen from your side, I have been hesitant to join. I see constant attacks against muslims, and people that aren't like you. I see constant attacks against our president's eligibility. You typically follow the ignorant far-right agenda, without even doing research of your own, unless it is from far-right websites, which nullifies itself, because there is no middle ground.

I am against illegal immigration, but I am a democrat, which makes me an outcast. After lurking this site for awhile, it seems that there are only a few people, that could understand where I am coming from. I see few others on this site as independent people that try to rationalize their point of view among right-wing conservatives that control this site, and it seems no matter what, the opposing point of view is wrong. Do you guys really want to be portrayed as crazy conspiracy theorists when there is a rational debate to be heard? No wonder the people on the other side are winning, they see "Obama Bad, no matter what" from you guys, and even being threatened by other religions! Are you guys that small minded?

I would like to be an active part of this site, but I feel that I won't have a place other that illegal immigration. I see plenty of right-wing points of view, but I RARELY see the middle, which is where I am at. I voted for Obama, but I am mad as hell what he has done! Illegals are destroying our country, but I don't want to be associated with crazy, small-minded, muslim-hating racists. From what I have seen, you guys aren't racist, but more "religiously intolerant" which might as well be a form of racism, only it's hate toward another religion.

Thank you for your patriotism, and I hope to join you in your discussions once I feel comfortable that I myself will not be labeled as intolerant. Perhaps it's time to change so you can get more people like myself.

Welcome.

Quite frankly, though, you seem to contradict yourself in your post so I'm not entirely sure exactly why you've come here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Welcome.

Quite frankly, though, you seem to contradict yourself in your post so I'm not entirely sure exactly why you've come here.
    Because I support anti illegal immigration, but I oppose religious hatred toward other groups. There is an entire thread that hates on muslims, but I support your other causes. Can you see what I'm talking about? Who cares about religion when there are other causes to support your stance. I don't want to be labeled as a right-wing conservative, only because I support certain issues. I am NOT right-wing, but I support your illegal immigration cause. I just don't want to be apart of the whole "Obama isn't legal" right-wing movement BS. As a democrat, either you have the support of Democrats like me, or you don't. I would personally like to work together to get rid of illegals, but I just can't support ignorant causes. I joined Numbers USA yesterday, and they don't seem to condemn me for my beliefs, but it looks like you guys would. I just want what is right for this country, no matter my party.

Welcome and please be assured that your opinion is valued. My suggestion is that you simply avoid those topics you find undesirable and participate in those you are interested in. Typically, the title gives a good indication of the content.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyOpnion
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Welcome.

Because I support anti illegal immigration, but I oppose religious hatred toward other groups. There is an entire thread that hates on muslims, but I support your other causes. Can you see what I'm talking about? Who cares about religion when there are other causes to support your stance. I don't want to be labeled as a right-wing conservative, only because I support certain issues. I am NOT right-wing, but I support your illegal immigration cause. I just don't want to be apart of the whole "Obama isn't legal" right-wing movement BS. As a democrat, either you have the support of Democrats like me, or you don't. I would personally like to work together to get rid of illegals, but I just can't support ignorant causes. I joined Numbers USA yesterday, and they don't seem to condemn me for my beliefs, but it looks like you guys would. I just want what is right for this country, no matter my party.

I am curious.

My question was to the poster "IllegalsGone", yet you, "MyOpinion" are answering in the first person as though my question was addressed to you.

Am I to assume that you have now changed your screen name.....or did you set up two different accounts?

I'm just trying to ascertain who I am discussing an issue with, what screen name would be your preference, etc.

illegalsgone: WELCOME, welcome to ALIPAC.

Teaching oneself is not an easy task. Governments lack of action, taxpayer money, and illegal aliens are difficult to separate.

this is what makes america the great country that it is.

You are not asked to believe everything you read on here or support everything you see and read on here.

You are free to make up your own mind, come to your own decisions and go from there.

NO ONE here is telling you how to think, what to think, and no one here is going to tell you what you can or cant say.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOpnion

Because I support anti illegal immigration, but I oppose religious hatred toward other groups. There is an entire thread that hates on muslims,
    I guess I haven't seen the hate all muslims thread. But you could always start a counter thread, about why we should love muslims and demonstrate how they love non-muslims.

But I truly do not want to live under Sharia Law. Best of Luck on those who do. And I do not want my children to marry a Muslim to have their children stolen from them and taken to an Arab country. It happens. And these stolen American children will probably never return to America if a female much less see their other parent. I have had women married to Muslims who recommend not to marry a Muslim because of the above reason.

Now what part of the above hasn't and will not happen?

Hello? "IllegalsGone"or "MyOpinion?" Why two accounts?

In any event, the only "place "you need to concern yourself with here is illegal immigration. The rest is merely those expressing opinions, none of which has been officially endorsed as a group or by ALIPAC. ALIPAC does believe in freedom of speech though. So if that bothers you, then I do not know what to tell you.

Just as you do not want to be associated with a "far-right conservative "site ( which ALIPAC is not by the way) we do not want to be associated with the far-left liberal agenda, where apparently, the supression of speech is perhaps not taken as seriously. I'm speaking for myself here, despite using the term "we."

Feel free to participate in those topics of your choosing, or simply leave them alone. Again, it's your choice. There is no Fairness Doctrine in play here!

In any event, welcome to ALIPAC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast