Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

NO MORE OUTSOURCING!!!

Hey all, I have a request.

Today, I had to call verizon to deal with my DSL bill. They answered and, well, the man who answered was apparently in India.

As much as these people are thorough, nice and pleasant to deal with, I just felt it was wrong to hear someone in another nation, doing a job that an American really needs right now.

Bailouts are not going to help this nation, I know we are all in agreement on that. The only thing that will get us out is jobs and the creation of incomes.

Certainly a call center job will not be a high paying job, but in a time when job losses are huge, for any person, even a basic 9/10 an hour job is better than none at all, and will at least keep people above water.

I called Verizons complaint center and talked to a woman about this. I politely explained the case for not outsourcing, especially in this economic downfall. I stated my position against any jobs Verizon outsourcing and that those jobs need to stay in America for us to be able to recover.

I encourage you all to do the same, whatever company it is. The example of this pressure from public outcry would be the Citigroups fiasco with the bailout money and the subsequent purchase of the $50m corporate jet. Thanks to Fox news having reported this and the many angry emails they and Citigroup received, Citigroup backed off that purchase.

Knowing this, we too can help reverse some of the job losses by making many complaints to these companies who have outsourced to save money that their lack of re-investment (in the jobs end) is what is helping to crush this nations economy. Those jobs need to come home.

People, call, email and let's make them, just as Citigroup, to do what is right for America, not their total profits.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE,

You know I ended up in the stay at home mom roll when my title company job went to India. It is unconscionable to be outsourcing jobs we need and want. I love the job I had. If they brought it back to the good old USA I would be willing to do it for less than I was making before. I know my fellow employees, if given the choice of a decrease in pay or unemployment would have chosen the decrease as well, except for maybe Scott, he was greedy :P
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would refuse to deal with them, and demand a transfer to an American. You have to be like a broken record. And, complain, complain, and keep complaining.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I just decided, especially after hearing the news report about the man who killed himself and his family (in CA) from depression, and despondent over his job loss. Now we all know that is an extreme case, but it is not unprecedented, and has happened before.

As well, here in Portland, we had a terrible shooting, and they stated in the paper, that the young guy who did it (and then killed himself) did leave behind a "will" note and said that the "world" was going down. Not exact words in article, but the jest was that he had been doing temp jobs, and was not able to find permanent work. They thought this could have been a contributing factor.

Just as with the Citigroup, jet thing, we need to have huge public outcry about this. Even Starbucks is cutting some jobs.

So, yes, we need to be kicking and screaming about this, especially right now.

We were able to do this in 2007 on the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, they had to listen. These companies will have to pay attention. I plan to check into other DSL/phone providers and find out what they offer and see if they also are all U.S. jobs, or not, and if they are, I plan to switch and tell Verizon why.

I already gave up our long term AOL account too, and said why to them, that of course DSL was much better than dial-up, but that they had outsourced themselves so much it was unappealing for me to even use their "free" email account.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

While I am being as charming as I can with my complaint, I usually ask where those people are at. In India, of course. Microsoft did not give me any option to speak to an American, and how many Steves and Marks can there be in India, because everyone with a heavy accent had a common American name.
    With AT&T, I can call with my question, and I can ask to be transferred to an American. But amazing that at the grocery store around the corner, I could not communicate with the cashier as she stuffed a large bottle of detergent with a handle into a bag. She did not understand and the manager came over and taught me a Spanish phrase (quiero no bolsa) instead of teaching the cashier the phrase I don't want a bag.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yesterday I was listening to the Ray Appleton show here in Fresno. They were talking about this very subject. One man called in saying he is fluent in both english and spanish. He was contacting a call center and pressed "1" for english. Of course he got someone in India and was having difficulty getting his problem resolved. So he hung up, called again and dialed "2" for spanish and lo and behold what Country was his call routed to? You guessed it! The USA!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    While I am being as charming as I can with my complaint, I usually ask where those people are at. In India, of course. Microsoft did not give me any option to speak to an American, and how many Steves and Marks can there be in India, because everyone with a heavy accent had a common American name.
    With AT&T, I can call with my question, and I can ask to be transferred to an American. But amazing that at the grocery store around the corner, I could not communicate with the cashier as she stuffed a large bottle of detergent with a handle into a bag. She did not understand and the manager came over and taught me a Spanish phrase (quiero no bolsa) instead of teaching the cashier the phrase I don't want a bag.
    That reminds me of a humorous situation that happened on my way to work before my job was outsourced. Our tech department was located in our building and we all got to know all three tech guys pretty well. One day I was listening to Rush and he was on about how the tech people in India always take on American names so we won't figure it out. He then proceeded to name three male American names as examples. As coincidence would have it, he named all three guys in our tech department. I was laughing so hard I almost crashed the car.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Yep, I was SO fooled each time I called AOL and a guy named "Bob" answered my call, with his heavy Indian accent......

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    at the grocery store around the corner, I could not communicate with the cashier as she stuffed a large bottle of detergent with a handle into a bag. She did not understand and the manager came over and taught me a Spanish phrase (quiero no bolsa) instead of teaching the cashier the phrase I don't want a bag

At that point you should've asked the manager if the cashier was here legally!!!

AE

I had to deal with them again today, due to a "communication" mix-up (meaning I really was having a hard time understanding the man I spoke with about our service issues). The U.S. based employee got snippy with me when I stated that I spoke with someone who obviously worked from overseas and he said "no, he does not, I KNOW who you are talking about".

I repeated that I had spoke with someone in the DSL office and it is overseas, and he was quiet and said "well, yes, they are". But twice before that he kept insisting that I was wrong about who I spoke with (whatever happened to the customer is always right?).

Wow, even when we approach these issues with grace and tact, most overtly PC or OBL people really get in a huff over it. Guess they are a bit too soft on the underside and can't take the chaffing of real life issues without having a good cry over it !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast