Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PintoBean
    What amazes me, is that North Korea fired off SIX missiles, our NORAD was on heightened alert since yesterday, and now some six hours after the fact, NOT ONE WORD TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE from Bush.
    7 missles now, but at least Bush managed to visit a coffee shop and share his encouraging message of amnesty for all those illegals tuned in.

Is it just me or is the Bush administration REALLY downplaying this threat?

MSNBC TV• Bush: 'They've isolated themselves'

Actually, I did see him on I believe it was the evening news:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13704198/

Bush: N. Korea’s missile test isolates country
    At least 6 missiles launched earlier; move brings swift condemnation

• U.S. condemns N. Korea's missile tests
    • N. Korea conducts series of missile tests
    • U.S. reaction to N. Korea missile tests
    • Haass discusses N. Korean missile tests
    • N. Korean missile tests
    • Administration reacts

INTERACTIVE

• N. Korea’s arsenal
    Longer-range missiles pose a growing threat

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Wednesday the failure of North Korea’s long-range missile test does not lessen the need to push the communist regime to give up its nuclear weapons program.

“What these firings of the rockets has done is, they’ve isolated themselves further, and that’s sad for the people of North Korea,” Bush said, adding that the long-range Taepodong-2 missile believed capable of reaching the United States failed 42 seconds after liftoff Tuesday.

The administration’s message was that it wouldn’t allow the latest tensions to be seen as a Washington-Pyongyang problem, saying expressions of revulsion around the world dramatized widespread concern over North Korea’s intentions.

Bush addressed the issue in a subdued manner without the harsh warnings that he had issued as recently as last week when he said that a missile launch would be unacceptable.

‘Within our sovereignty’
    North Korea remained defiant. A North Korea foreign ministry official told Japanese journalists in Pyongyang that the regime there has an undeniable right to test missiles.

“The missile launch is an issue that is entirely within our sovereignty. No one has the right to dispute it,” said Ri Pyong Dok, a researcher on Japanese affairs at North Korea’s foreign ministry. “On the missile launch, we are not bound by any agreement.”

Some feared more firings. Pyongyang could test additional missiles soon despite the international furor over Wednesday’s launches, Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said after making a protest via telephone to North Korea’s ambassador to Canberra, Chon Jae Hong.

“We think they probably do intend to launch more missiles in the next day or two,” Downer told reporters.

South Korea, separated from the North by the world’s most heavily armed border, said the test launches would further deepen its neighbor’s international isolation, sour public opinion in the South toward Pyongyang and hurt efforts to control weapons of mass destruction.

‘This is a choice they make’
    Following an Oval Office meeting with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, Bush also reiterated the U.S. desire to approach the problem through multilateral, not one-on-one talks with the reclusive communist nation.

“The North Korean government can join the community of nations and prove its lot by acting in concert with those of us who believe that she shouldn’t possess nuclear weapons and with those of us who believe that there is a positive way forward for the North Korean government and her people,” Bush said. “This is a choice they make.”

Bush said his top national security advisers and U.S. diplomats were working with other nations to try to coax North Korea back to the negotiating table, and that he too would be involved in talking with leaders working to get Pyongyong to abandon its nuclear weapons work.

“I am deeply concerned about the plight of the people of North Korea,” he said. “I would hope that the government would agree to verifiably abandon its weapons programs. I would hope that there would be a better opportunity for that government and for the people to move forward.”

CONTINUED
    There's too much on the site to post here.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Two big problem with N. Korea having these long range missiles.

1. One of them (the one that failed) has the capability of hitting Alaska and the west coast.

2. N. Korea is a very poor country and would sell these missiles to the highest bidder.

Re: MSNBC TV• Bush: 'They've isolated themselves'

[quote="curiouspat"]Actually, I did see him on I believe it was the evening news:

Thanks. I missed it. Still, I don't understand why we are waiting to take military action. We didn't hesitate with Iraq and Saddam didn't have the ability to fire missles into Chicago. What are we waiting for now?

mrazmerized

You want my honest, no hold bars opinion...in a highly educated and scientifically technical manner?

THE WORLD'S GONE NUTS!

You're right, nothing makes sense.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat, is your mom taking any kind of pain medication? I ask because my dad had hallucinations after taking a mild pain med for his back, older people have a hard time with these medications, can't tolerate it as well. I know you have your hands full,bless you for taking care of your mom.

I WORRY ABOUT ANY IDIOT LIKE THIS , TESTING MISSILES, ESP. ONES PROVIDED BY IRAN, I CAN'T BLAME JAPAN FOR TAKING ACTION TO PROTECT THEIRSELF!

God, is it not a chaoitc world we now live in? Take me back to the simple days of the 50s and early 6os and Happy Day's! I feel so bad for children born in to these times, what kind of a childhood can they have?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

What are we waiting for now?
    We do not want to give their leader what he wants. He wants to be considered a "player" on the world stage. At this time, the only way to achieve that status is IF the U.S. acknowledges it by entering into one-on-one talks. Which North Korea has been pouting about for sometime now.

If we do not want to recognize this country as a "player", then we cannot allow this to become North Korea vs. America. Which is exactly what rushing into military action would do.

We also took and still take much criticisms for both situations concerning Iraq and Saddam. Taking that into consideration, I don't blame us for taking the position we are at this time.

Also, the last I heard there was absolutely no mention in the North Korean media about the tests muchless that they failed ... their people don't know. In the previous situations, the people at least had an idea of what was going on.

Also, the resolution draft that Japan authored and is supported by us and Britain calls for "Chapter 7" which includes using military force if it is deemed neccessary.

Oh yeah, heh just to tie this into illegal immigration: If North Korea starts a war, China will undoubtedly have a couple million of North Koreans running across their border.

(edit) Yes, Japan has stated they will no longer allow North Korean diplomats into their country and they are blocking their ships from entering their ports.

Thanks so much, Nitty.

You know, I really care about my ALIPAC family. I pray that all of our families stay safe and well, and that we succeed in our efforts for our country and therefore our families' futures!!!

No, Mom isn't on pain meds. She's been ill all week, and it's kept her from getting sound sleep. She's exhausted (as am I). Last night, the fireworks started here in my neighborhood about 6 - 10 pm. By ~7 pm, she started hallucinating. My heart aches for her. I HATE Alzheimers and what it does to vibrant, brilliant, kind and compassionate, hard working, etc, people, including my mother. People, PLEASE,...always treat someone in this situation with dignity, kindness and patience. For there, but for the grace of God, may go any of us one day.

I believe that there is a reason for everything, that there are NO coincidences. I've thought and thought about Mom's Alz., because she's the only one ever to get it. She took care of herself. My (her) family lived to 89, 94 and even, 104 with full mental abilities. So, why?

I have to wonder (very humbly), if it's so I can be here doing this. Fighting by email/fax/phone for our country. I promise you that if I was still working in the ER, I not only wouldn't have time, I probably would STILL not be aware. I'd be starting to get info...still on the MSM. And you know what THAT means. Misinformation, bias, pro-legal and globalism. As Charge, I had much more to do than just being at work taking care of patients. Then, if, here at home, trying to keep myself connected to the world, getting (thanks to my son-in-law) a computer and learning to use it.......then reading that Newsweek article and the term 'Social Security Totalization with Mexico"....and looking it up, since I didn't know what it meant...then finding ALIPAC... I'm not important in the grand scheme of things...but maybe, just maybe I've posted something here, that's touched one of you, and YOUR network has someone who you reached, and they contacted.............

WHAT IF

So perhaps, Mom's Alz. is HER GIFT to the fight. Mom always stood up for what was right. She was a fighter. She, also was a patriot. Y'all would have liked her, alot! OK, I like that. I won't let her down!

Thanks for putting up with me and my philosophizing. I'm just trying to make sense of everything, like we all have to from time to time. It's been an extemely difficult time.

I WORRY ABOUT ANY IDIOT LIKE THIS , TESTING MISSILES, ESP. ONES PROVIDED BY IRAN, I CAN'T BLAME JAPAN FOR TAKING ACTION TO PROTECT THEIRSELF
    My brothers, the scientist and the Marine, ret., don't like the situation, at all.
    TIME'S UP!

Your missing the point. They did it on our 4th of July, our Independance day!
    Yes, they did. And I found it only made me love my country even more because it did not take precedence over the coverage of launching Discovery (which they had tried to launch their missles at the same time we launched the shuttle) and they did not in any way interfere with us celebrating our Independence Day.

curiouspat, I am sorry, I either forgot you were a nurse or missed it, your mama is in good hands. I started out on the geriatric floor, stayed there for many years because I fell in love with them, so much to learn from them if one only takes the time to listen to their stories and little bits of wisdom! We both know sleep derpivation can also bring on the hallucinations. I had to laugh at my dad, he saw Indians lol told him maybe it was me checking on him that he saw. You are so right, there is a reason for everything, I know if you were still working in the ER, you probably would not have time for your family much less for fighting thie immigration thing. I do not believe in coincendence's everything happens for a purpose that is my belief anyway.
    Before coming here to ALIPAC, I really knew nothing about what was going on in our country, I have learned so much from the good people here who takes their time to go and research, then bring that information back to the ones here like me that has no idea where to find all this information. I am learning more by following the links people place here, it has been a learning experience for me, and I appreciate the time taken away from families, spent trying to educate Americans to what is going on here! God bless your mom and her fighting spirit,she instilled in her children, that is truely an amazing gift to pass on to her children, what a shame she has to suffer with Alzheimers, as you say though there is a reason for everything!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast