Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama bristles as the bubble closes in

All I can say is he best get used to it. Once he sits in that Oval Office he's going to be in a pressure cooker. Then I guess we'll see what he's made of won't we?

Obama bristles as the bubble closes in
    By CAROL E. LEE | 12/28/08 7:05 AM EST Text Size:

The Obama family has become increasingly aware of the cameras and the lack of privacy that comes with the presidency.

HONOLULU – The media glare, the constant security appendage and the sheer production that has become a morning jog or a hankering for an ice cream cone – it’s been closing in on Barack Obama for some time.

Now the president-elect appears increasingly conscious of the confines of his new position, bristling at the routine demands of press coverage and beginning to chafe at boundaries that are only going to get smaller.

Obama even took the unusual step Friday morning of leaving behind the pool of reporters assigned to follow him, taking his daughters to a nearby water park without them. It was a breach of longstanding protocol between presidents (or presidents-elect) and the media, that a gaggle of reporters representing television, print and wire services is with his motorcade at all times.

Then when reporters finally caught up with Obama at Koko Marina Paradise Deli and he acknowledged them for one of few times since arriving in Hawaii last Saturday, he sounded resigned.

After ordering a tuna melt on 12-grain bread, Obama approached reporters and placed his hand on the shoulder of pool reporter Philip Rucker of The Washington Post, who was scribbling away in his notebook.

“You don't really need to write all that down,â€

What did he think was going to happen??!! I'm sure he hasn't even begun to feel the heat/interest/24/7 coverage on him and his family. I'm sure the more he fights it the worse it will become and/or he'll lose the worship from the media.

It's always fascinating to see pictures of the presidents when they enter office and when they leave. You know the ol' thing, how much this job ages a person... I wouldn't want it for all the tea in China.

Sorry Mr. Obama, I think I'm going out to Walgreens right now. NO one will follow me, see what I buy, get in my way...sweet bliss. Guess I do have something up on him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/popup?id=4205015

Check out this link of before/after for presidents -pictures

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Slideshow from Hawaii

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/2 ... 52837.html

Work out

Stopping in a shop to get some shaved ice for the kids. Lovely shot. Will they even let him do this kind of thing when he's president?!

I would so hate the lack of privacy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)