Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    BEARFLAGREPUBLIC wrote:

So when our athletes are rewarded for their hard work, beat their international competition, the gold is being put around their neck, and the national anthem is playing, you would not want to discuss that?
    We protesters must be strong in our convictions and resist temptation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If the Olympics are so "pure" and without "greed and "politics," then how in the world did China ever get to host the games?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    If the Olympics are so "pure" and without "greed and "politics," then how in the world did China ever get to host the games?
    Its more pure than any of our proffesional sports. Are you sure you don't watch those? Hey, I'm not happy that China got the games either, but denying our athletes the chance to prove to the world that all of their training was worth the while would be for politics. I think the games for our purposes should transend politics.

IMO we should have competed in Moscow in 1980. We should have gone there and kicked the Russians butts like we are going to do to China. Many athletes were denied that chance in 1980 for DC politics.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Its more pure than any of our proffesional sports. Are you sure you don't watch those? Hey, I'm not happy that China got the games either, but denying our athletes the chance to prove to the world that all of their training was worth the while would be for politics. I think the games for our purposes should transend politics.

IMO would should have competed in Moscow in 1980. We should have gone there and kicked the Russians butts like we are going to do to China. Many athletes were denied that chance in 1980 for DC politics.
    Well come on BFR LOL! The Olympics Being more "pure than professional sports" in this country is not raising the bar very high now is it. Have you taken a look at the mens basketball roster lately? I didn't spot too many amateurs on that team.

Hey, I have no problems with the Olympics. I'm just under no illusions this competition is so virtuous or an amateur event simply because it's marketed as such.

I guess we will agree to disagree on this one
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YEA,VERY PURE,...

"Paulson is in China at the same time as BUSH, Putin, Sarkosy, etc.. Meetings with Prime minister, President and Vice President of China. Perhaps BUSH will be allowed to "review the troops", or at least the bodies of those he helped send to the gallows."

Communist China... end of discussion for me
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    YEA,VERY PURE,...
    Yes, the athletes indeed are.....

THAT is what I am supporting. In case anyone missed the first post of this thread.

See you at the signing!!

Kobe Bryant

I will admit total bias as a Lakers fan, but it has been enheartening to hear Kobe Bryant talk about how special it is to represent his country. I so often hear people talking about their country, being some other country, when they live here, that it is very refreshing.

Proud to be American?? Proud to represent his nation???

GO KOBE!!!!

www.culturism.us

Re: Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Culturist
    I will admit total bias as a Lakers fan, but it has been enheartening to hear Kobe Bryant talk about how special it is to represent his country. I so often hear people talking about their country, being some other country, when they live here, that it is very refreshing.

Proud to be American?? Proud to represent his nation???

GO KOBE!!!!

www.culturism.us
    I agree!!

Even though I admit to being a Laker fan myself, and our players are benefitting from endorsement deals, they are indeed risking injury whch could hurt their NBA careers. Chris Paul also said that winning the gold meant more to him than an NBA championship. Not everone agreed to play on the US Olympic basketball team. The ones that did deserve a level of respect.

Opening Ceremonies tonight.

See you at the signing!!

Michael Phelps GOLD MEDAL in the 400 m. WORLD RECORD!!!

Ryan Pochte bronze medal!!

Way to go USA!!

We rule the pool like the Great White rules the ocean

See you at the signing!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast