Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Every one needs to take a hard look at Paul's record. There is a reason the 'hispanics' support him.

Here's just some:

107th
    H.CON.RES.206 : Recognizing the important relationship between the United States and Mexico.
    Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 7/31/2001) Cosponsors (
    Committees: House International Relations
    H. CON. RES. 206

Recognizing the important relationship between the United States and Mexico.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 31, 2001

Mr. PAUL (for himself, Mr. BALLENGER, Mr. KOLBE, Mr. BARTON of Texas, Mr. NETHERCUTT, and Mr. DREIER) submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on International Relations

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Recognizing the important relationship between the United States and Mexico.

Whereas the United States and Mexico share a special bilateral friendship matched by few other countries in the world;

Whereas the United States and Mexico are partners joined by geography as well as by a series of government-to-government and private relationships which are of critical importance to both countries;

Whereas the United States and Mexico share concern on a wide range of issues, including trade and immigration, environmental quality, economic development, and regional security and stability; and

Whereas the special relationship between the United States and Mexico is critically important in its own right as well as serving as a linchpin in the relationship between the United States and every nation in Central and South America: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that it is in keeping with the just interests of the United States that the special nature of the relationship between the United States and Mexico be recognized and further cultivated to the mutual benefit of both countries.

H.CON.RES.277 : Recognizing the important contributions of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
    Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 11/19/2001) Cosponsors (None)
    107th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. CON. RES. 277

Recognizing the important contributions of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

November 19, 2001

Mr. PAUL submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Recognizing the important contributions of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

Whereas the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of the United States has had a significant impact among Hispanic businesses, and in the business community in general;

Whereas the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has served in a key support role, not merely as a business group but also as a civic organization working in the Hispanic-American community; and

Whereas the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has helped to bring entrepreneurship to the Hispanic community as well as helping to pool the resources and talents of Hispanic American entrepreneurs: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that it is important to the promotion of the free market process of the United States, to the future success of Hispanic Americans, and to society at large that the special role of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of the United States be recognized and further cultivated to the benefit of all Americans.

More here:

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Oh, good grief!!

Yes, I think he will represent all races - and all Americans - and America.

To me this says, 'we are afraid of this man because he has the support of the American people - not big business (our friend), not politicians (our friends), but the American people - from all walks of life, all ages, all political leanings. That scares us.'

If one wants to use this as a reason to not vote for Ron Paul, you didn't plan to vote for him in the first place, and that's certainly your right.

The media (the illegals best friend) don't like him, the corporations (the illegals good friend) don't like him, the politicians (the illegal's protector) don't like him.

Ask yourself why the 'hispanics' would like him. They don't.

The last thing they want is someone in the Oval Office that is supported by the people and not by some political party or big business.

He is speaking common sense, running the country by the constitution, that bothers Mexico, it bothers politicians, it bothers big business, it bothers the media - and the hispanics representing illegals love him? Give me a break.

The fact is we do have a relationship with Mexico and have had forever. They are our neighbor - and nothing wrong with recognizing that. It's just when the relationship suddenly got out of hand, and our politicans began giving them the keys to the kingdom that things went awry.

They are still our neighbor, we still have a relationship - at present, they are just not our friends.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This guy sounds very racist toward Hispanics.

I agree about Ron Paul; however, it's disconcerting to read such racist rhetoric.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I agree I don't like pandering - but I doubt we could find any politician who hasn't pandered to either the hispanics, the blacks, the Asians, the Puerto Ricans, on and on and and on.

They all do this and it is distasteful to me - but somewhere in every politicians voting record is something like this.

One thing, when they dig this hard - and try this hard - you know that Ron Paul is somehow getting people's attention.

Why try to hard, dig so hard, use small inane things to use against a man 'who can't win'?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I'll stick with Tancredo until he quits , then I'll take a look ,
    Kind of leaning toward Romney, not the perfect candidate, but light years ahead of the rest
    I agree will you. I do think Ron Paul would be worst than Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Oh, good grief!!

Yes, I think he will represent all races - and all Americans - and America.

To me this says, 'we are afraid of this man because he has the support of the American people - not big business (our friend), not politicians (our friends), but the American people - from all walks of life, all ages, all political leanings. That scares us.'

If one wants to use this as a reason to not vote for Ron Paul, you didn't plan to vote for him in the first place, and that's certainly your right.

He is speaking common sense, running the country by the constitution, that bothers Mexico, it bothers politicians, it bothers big business, it bothers the media - and the hispanics representing illegals love him? Give me a break.

Very well said nntrixie.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

You know, I don't know if Ron Paul is the best one - right now he is to me. He is saying things I have said, believed and was taught by my grandparents, and it sounds good to hear a politicians finally saying it.

He wants (he says) to put the power back in the people's hands, through the states. That's what the constitution intended. Yes, these are different times, but that's the BEST reason for doing it.

We have no power now - oh, we can stop a vote on amnesty - and we can sway some things - but it's a constant battle to take two steps foward and 1 3/4 backwards.

If we were all just dealing with our own state houses, we would have a much better chance of affecting change on so many levels.

This is what we are supposed to have - a government for, of, by the people. Not a government that political parties, big business, and foreign governments make the rules. WE are supposed to. In order to do that, we have to break the problem down a little into manageable pieces. That means taking the power away from the federal government and giving it back, to the respective states. The citizens of each state could deal with the issue as they saw fit. That's our only hope.

His immigration stance sounds good to me, his stance on the war, foreign policy sounds good to me, don't know beans about the federal reserve, but the idea of returning the power to the people through their state governments is the greatest of all to me.

We Hispanics are proud of our kaleidoscope of national cultures ranging from Chile to Puerto Rico, from Mexico to Costa Rica. We hold onto our beautiful traditions. They are alive and well in our language, our cuisines, our music and our history. Hispanics balk at any attempt by the majority to assimilate us or to only speak English because we're in someone else's country. Ron Paul's principles in action demonstrate that he would never support a policy that Hispanics in America need to do as Americans do.
    Can we say racist as hell? The more I read the scarier our country is becoming.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    We Hispanics are proud of our kaleidoscope of national cultures ranging from Chile to Puerto Rico, from Mexico to Costa Rica. We hold onto our beautiful traditions. They are alive and well in our language, our cuisines, our music and our history. Hispanics balk at any attempt by the majority to assimilate us or to only speak English because we're in someone else's country. Ron Paul's principles in action demonstrate that he would never support a policy that Hispanics in America need to do as Americans do.
    Can we say racist as hell? The more I read the scarier our country is becoming.
    I agree. It is very divisive and racist. I don't like this sentence "Ron Paul's principles in action demonstrate that he would never support a policy that Hispanics in America need to do as Americans do." WHAT ON EARTH?!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DUNCAN HUNTER IS THE MAN!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast