Paul: GOP Doesn’t Care About Presidents Who Assassinate American Citizens

Republicans “trying to out-militarize” Obama

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
April 2, 2012

GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul said on CBS’ Face The Nation Sunday that he is determined to
continue his campaign in an effort to “save the Republican Party from themselves”.

The Congressman declared that there was no way he would quit because he is the only candidate who wants to restore the Republican party to its founding principles of limited government.

“I am talking to a whole generation, which is expanding,” Paul said.

“When I can get 52,000 people out on a college campus as wildly enthusiastic to hear the message of liberty and freedom and less war and curtailing the Federal Reserve, there is no way I’m going to quit speaking out on this and there is no way I’m going to give up on the effort to get the Republicans back to their roots.”

“In some ways they say, ‘well why don’t you give up and this will help the Republican Party.’ The truth is I’m trying to save the Republican Party from themselves because they want perpetual wars,” Paul added.

“They don’t care about presidents who assassinate American citizens, they don’t care about searching our houses without a search warrant and these are the kind of things that people care about.”

“I think Republicans have dug a hole for themselves because they’re trying to out-militarize the President, saying we should do more,” Paul said.

“Yet 75 percent of the American people have said we’ve had enough, it’s cost us too much money, it’s time to come home.”

When asked by Host Bob Schieffer if he would support Romney should he win the nomination, Paul responded: “I haven’t made that decision yet, I’m still campaigning.”

The Congressman also once again addressed the far flung notion that he could be invited to take on the role of vice president on a Romney ticket:

“I don’t see how that would happen. There’s too many disagreements … I have no common ground on economics.” Paul said.

Watch the interview below:

Video at the Page Link

Steve Watson is the London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.net, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham in England.

Prison Planet.com » Paul: GOP Doesn’t Care About Presidents Who Assassinate American Citizens