Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: President Trump says he's working with China to save ZTE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    The question is how we handle it now. Just because there are many people employed by a criminal cartel doesn't mean we should let that cartel continue it's corrupt business.
    This happened years ago under the Obama Administration. Trump has already fixed it. This is a matter of what you do with the companies like ZTE Obama let skate.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    This happened years ago under the Obama Administration. Trump has already fixed it. This is a matter of what you do with the companies like ZTE Obama let skate.
    Trump has fixed all the phones manufactured while Obama was president? WRONG!

The concern is what they can do. We can't control what our domestic companies put in stuff to spy on us. Cell phones track everywhere we go. That was done by private business. TVs can now spy on us in our homes.

Volkswagen programmed computers on their diesel vehicles to switch mode to cover their actual pollution. China could have ZTE, under their control, install such type chips in products they make that could facilitate their espionage efforts.

We have problems in this country with independent companies cooperating with government to spy on us. Since ZTE is under Chinese government control, the risk is a whole lot more.

No, he fixed the cheating on the sanctions that occurred under Obama. Trump is the one who put the penalties on ZTE for actions it took while Obama was President, that's why the ZTE company is tanking.

Foreign governments and foreign countries can do whatever they want to the products they sell to US. Americans have no clue what they're buying so long as it works to do what they want it to. The NSA and FBI, CIA and a lot of police can tap into those phones and do and see whatever they want as well. And do!

ZTE isn't in trouble and being fined and shut down over cybersecurity concerns, it was about selling phones to Iran and North Korea during the Obama administration violating sanctions rules.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-14-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, he fixed the cheating on the sanctions that occurred under Obama.
    But the damage has been done!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Trump is the one who put the penalties on ZTE for actions it took while Obama was President, that's why the ZTE company is tanking.
    I'm confused! Are you for or against ZTE being allowed to resume imports to the U.S.?

President Trump was against ZTE, now he seems for ZTE, and you say "Yes!" Which is it?

ZTE isn't in trouble and being fined and shut down over cybersecurity concerns, it was about selling phones to Iran and North Korea during the Obama administration violating sanctions rules.
    Didn't you see that Congressional Hearing where the representative asked for a show of hands from those appearing before it, as to whether they would recommend consumers using ZTE products, and no one raised their hand?

I don't have a cell phone so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If leveraging some relief on this company provided they play by all the rules in place today can help US fix the bad trade deals we have with China, I'd say use it as leverage to win agreement in writing to reduce the trade deficit by $200 billion over the next two years, end currency manipulation, intellectual property theft and unfair tariffs charged our companies when we export into China.

I don't have a cell phone so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
    I do! And it happens to be a ZTE. It was what the cell company sent me. I just wanted a traditional type phone. This thing is too complicated for my tired mind, and it is always changing.

My medical clinic gave me an Ipad to track my medical readings. Right there in bold it said "Do no allow updates". And every time I turned it on there was an "update available". I like consistency.

If leveraging some relief on this company provided they play by all the rules in place today can help US fix the bad trade deals we have with China, I'd say use it as leverage to win agreement in writing to reduce the trade deficit by $200 billion over the next two years, end currency manipulation, intellectual property theft and unfair tariffs charged our companies when we export into China.
    Your priorities are off. On the War On Drugs, you are about saving money, not protecting people. Here you are for getting a trade deal, willing to sacrifice the security of our country.

The Pentagon bans Huawei and ZTE phones from retail stores on military bases. The Pentagon is ordering retail outlets on US military bases to stop selling Huawei and ZTE phones. The Department of Defense says using the devices could be a security risk. Source
    We have, or had, manufacturers in our own country, or even Taiwan, that we can use. In order for us to protect our interests, China would have to give us unfettered access to every aspect of ZTE. And just like with American companies, they could still slip something in. But with them we can throw them in jail. We have no claws with ZTE. It is too high of a risk.

If you're unhappy with your cell phone because it was made by ZTE in China and might be spying on you or sabotaging your medical readings, then get rid of it and the cell phone company that sent it to you. Find another cell phone company that doesn't use ZTE phones.

If you're unhappy with your cell phone because it was made by ZTE in China and might be spying on you or sabotaging your medical readings, then get rid of it and the cell phone company that sent it to you. Find another cell phone company that doesn't use ZTE phones.
    Since I started with AT&T I had Nokia phones. But taking advantage of my tax money at work I got an ObamaPhone. So I am stuck with the ZTE. I have no complaints about the phone, it's that I care about the security of my country.

As for the medical records, I don't even know what brand that Ipad was. And I had no say in that one.

Oh! So you're happy with your ZTE phone. Okay .... well, good!!

Your concern is about the security of our country? What does ZTE have to do with the "security of our country"? Is the federal government purchasing cell phones from ZTE for the CIA or DOD or ICE or BP or FBI or White House??!! The federal government shouldn't be buying any phones like this. They need to require that their government personnel phones all be made in the US by highly regulated defense contract suppliers. You never know when MI6 is going to break in, eavesdrop and pass it to their friends in Iran.

Yeah, that's right, Great Britain, all arrows and roads of evidence are leading to you as being the BIG MEDDLERS and COLLLUDERS of the 2016 US Presidential Election.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12