Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh SURE! They get fresh vegis and I have to get the old produce. :P
    ~ Its not the years in your life that are important, its the life in your years ~
    President Lincoln

My dad was a prison guard at Statesville many moons ago when it was a self supporting prison. All their food was raised, grown, picked and slaughtered there. Of course it's not that way anymore.......atleast when these people leave.....they will know something that will benefit them throughout their life. Seems a prison system that doesn't require anything only produces ex-cons with the same attitude of entitlement and easy way out that the welfare system has produced. I know I've met people who purposly got arrested and thrown in jail to get "a break from reality". Real life was too hard. I just know theres inmates living better than law abiding citizens. Getting medical care some only wish for. I don't want them abused.......but heck.......even in some alcohol rehabilitation centers......work is a mandatory part of recovery. Some of the absolute worst jobs I've ever done are really some of the ones who I benefitted the most from. Beyond "booklearning" and all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    All their food was raised, grown, picked and slaughtered there. Of course it's not that way anymore.......atleast when these people leave.....they will know something that will benefit them throughout their life. .

Butcher has heard plenty of complaints from farmers. She said she thought of using prisoners for harvest work while driving past the state prison complex, where one can see huge fields tended by prisoners
    There is a lot of prisons where the inmates still grow their own food. And many have education and training programs so they do have a trade when they come out.
    Of course, it is hard for ex-prisoners to get jobs once they get out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12