Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protect The First Amendment: Wish Someone 'Merry Christmas'

Protect The First Amendment: Wish Someone A 'Merry Christmas'

by Michael Reagan

12/05/2008 Print This

Christmas is once again upon us, and we can expect to witness countless new displays of the rampant secularization of what is meant to be a joyous celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Frankly I’m fed up with seeing federal, state and local governments, local and nationwide chain stores, and even the White House -- which last year couldn’t call their Christmas Party a Christmas party -- all of them giving in to the intimidation of a handful of secular progressives who loathe Christianity and any celebration associated with it.

Despite the fact that close to 90 percent of all Americans are Christians -- and that along with Easter, Christmas is one of the two most sacred days in the Christian calendar -- we have allowed a tiny minority among us to turn Christ’s birthday celebration into a secular holiday devoid of any religious significance whatsoever.Continued
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merely to greet another by saying “Merry Christmasâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nice article! Eventhough I'm not a Christian per se, but Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ, not Santa Claus. I just think that since modern Christians go by the King James version (which as far as the new testament is concerned is the 40-60,000th version or translation of the first writing which there is no original. There are no original texts for the new testament) that Jesus' message of unconditional love and peace was lost. I think the early texts must be brought back into the religion to show people their plan. God has a clear plan for us all. It's simple. Treat others as you wish to be treated. With fairness as allowed by the LAWS of the nation. Somehow possesions, money, etc became more important to the church so it had to provide a translation that benefited them the most. And that is what is used today. Christ was the greatest teacher our planet has ever seen, and is the reason for the season. To that, I say MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Last Sunday during Mass, the priest said, "If they want to take Christmas out of everything in America than what WE NEED TO DO is to take Christmas OUT OF THE STORES!"

I thought it was an excellent point. Let's see how FAST they would want to put Christmas BACK.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)