Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LockItDown
    you mean god attended for snakes to be in a cage and to be feed by you? really? you believe that? wow
    What God INtended was for man to have dominion over the Earth and ALL it's creatures. You can read that in the Bible, unless your demonstrated literacy skills restrict you to picture books.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    As someone who has kept snakes for years, I take exception to this:
    To me, this is a kind of person who ALREADY is sadistic by nature, but to allow a snake to crush, and then help it eat a puppy, well we all can just imagine that is someone who needs to be locked away before that level of sadistic behavior goes further.
    I currently own a red-tailed boa that is 4 1/2 feet in length and eats mice. There is absolutely nothing 'sadistic' in feeding this animal, it eats the way God intended it to.

I previously owned a Burmese python that was 12 feet in length and weighed about 80 pounds. It ate chickens and rabbits. Although i didn't feed it any puppies, had it been loose instead of caged it would have eaten puppies just as easily, and it could hardly have been determined that it's food choices would be 'unnatural'.

In fact, due to the 'sympathy factor' involved, giving away puppies became very easy when I threatened to turn them into snake food. It may not have been 'politically correct', but it was VERY effective.

What I'm trying to say is that pronouncing judgment on someone's character because they own a snake and feed it the way God intended is not fair, right or Christian.

According to you, AmericanElizabeth, I should be [quote:2x6lp5hy]...locked away before that level of sadistic behavior goes further.
    Thanks for that.
    you mean god attended for snakes to be in a cage and to be feed by you? really? you believe that? wow[/quote:2x6lp5hy]

Hmmm....

Do YOU believe that God intended for dogs to be wearing collars and sleeping on someone's sofa or confined within a fenced back yard? Did He intend for goldfish to live in bowls? Did He intend for parrots and mynas to live in little wire cages? It seems to me that you are singling out one example of animal captivity when the entire history of mankind is about the captivity and domestication of wild animals.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    And...we have friends in Washington who keep huge lizards, which they walk about with the big green things draped around their shoulders like it was a kitty. This thing is about 4 feet, and occasinally snaps at even their fingers. WHY?
    I had a neighbor with an iguana, they make pretty good pets IMHO. Snakes don't bother me either, as long as they aren't water snakes. My current neighbor downstairs has a tarantula named Boris, it's his young daughter's actually.. I wouldn't have know about it but it escaped from it's tank awhile back and hid away somewhere, he was afraid I'd come across it and kill it I told him as long as I didn't wake to it in my bed it should be safe

{Edit: I'm not that fond of dogs, though I suppose feeding puppies to snakes is kind of the equivalent of drowning kittens.. whether it's legal or considered animal cruelty maybe should depend on whether it's out in farm country or in a more residential area}
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

you mean god attended for snakes to be in a cage and to be feed by you? really? you believe that? wow
    What God INtended was for man to have dominion over the Earth and ALL it's creatures. You can read that in the Bible, unless your demonstrated literacy skills restrict you to picture books.
    so from that you derived... take a defenseless animal and feed it to another animal.
    I am GOD Almighty as spoken by the MOD of this site ... who breeched my profile and privacy . Thank you for being above everyones rights

Banned
    so from that you derived... take a defenseless animal and feed it to another animal.
    Must be a city-dweller. If you live somewhere like Texas, you realize that a large percentage of God's species survive by eating "defenseless animals." As a matter of fact, you see it every day, whether coyotes having a go at the livestock, hawks ripping a new orifice in any small creatures that catch their attention, bass gulping down frogs and pretty much anything else that will go down the gullet, or the housecat taking down squirrels, snakes, mice, etc. and leaving them as "gifts" on the front porch.

Question: Do you eat meat? Are you not aware that meat comes from "defenseless animals" that we kill in huge numbers to satisfy our needs? Do you wear leather? Same deal.

I would say that you watched Bambi too many times and have lost touch with the functionong of the real world, but that's just a guess...

MW
    I hunt and fish, but I draw the line at feeding live puppies to snakes.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I hunt and fish, but I draw the line at feeding live puppies to snakes.
    But you feed live fish to other fish?

Banned
    For the record I've never fed a puppy to a snake, I've only THREATENED to in order to make it easier to give the puppies away.

Exactly what would you suggest that I feed to a snake? Remember that they are STRICT carnivores, and would turn up their noses at a nice, healthy salad.

Please take your sanctimonious BS and STUFF it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12