Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

RED STATE: First Infantry Division Headquarters ordered to Iraq

RS

FRONT PAGE CONTRIBUTOR

First Infantry Division Headquarters ordered to Iraq

By: streiff (Diary) | September 25th, 2014 at 01:48 PM | 8

This is a follow up to my post yesterday. Via the Army Times:
    The 1st Infantry Division headquarters will deploy to Iraq in the coming weeks as the U.S. expands its war against the Islamic State, officials announced Thursday.

The Big Red One, of Fort Riley, Kansas, will be the first division headquarters to go to Iraq since the U.S. withdrawal in 2011.
    About 500 soldiers will deploy in late October to the Central Command area of operations, Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby said Thursday in a briefing with reporters.
    About 200 of those soldiers will be in Iraq as part of the 475-troop increase announced Sept. 10 by President Obama, Kirby said.
    Of that group, 138 will be in the Baghdad joint operations center, 68 in Irbil, and 10 at the Ministry of Defense in Baghdad, he said.
    “They will have command and control of ongoing advise and assist efforts in support of Iraqi and Peshmerga forces, and continue to help us all degrade and destroy [the Islamic State],” Kirby said.
    The remaining 300 soldiers from 1st Infantry Division headquarters will be based in the CENTCOM AOR; Kirby would not specify where they will be stationed. These soldiers will support the rest of the headquarters element, “but right now there’s no plan to put them inside Iraq,” Kirby said.
    It should also be noted that one of 1st ID’s four brigade combat teams is already in Kuwait. This is a logical move. The CENTCOM element that was trying to provide command and control for US advisers and ancillary units can go back to being part of an echelon-above-corps headquarters, something it is designed to be. A division HQ gives the clout of a 2-star general plus the capabilities necessary to support an increasing number of allied players.

Tags: Barack Obama, Iraq, ISIS, october surprise, sitzkreig, wag the dog

http://www.redstate.com/2014/09/25/f...-ordered-iraq/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    VIDEO OF THE YEAR: 13,000 more Ground Troops Deploying to Iraq; ‘I Said I’d End The War In Iraq – I Ended It’
    This is a blunder 100 times larger than Bush's premature "mission accomplished" lets see how the media responds to Iraq War 2.0 Obama's failed policies
    http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/13...ar-iraq-ended/

13,000 more Ground Troops Deploying to Iraq; ‘I Said I’d End...
    Iraqi officials say that the United States is due to send 13,000 soldiers to Iraq, despite its claims of complete military withdrawal from the country. #iraqwar...
    woundedamericanwarrior.com

13,000 more Ground Troops Deploying to Iraq; ‘I Said I’d End The War In Iraq – I Ended It’

September 27, 2014 0 1649

Obama: ‘I Said I’d End The War In Iraq – I Ended It’

From Global Research: Iraqi officials say that the United States is due to send 13,000 soldiers to Iraq, despite its claims of complete military withdrawal from the country.

The vice president of the local council of Iraq’s Saladin Province made the announcement on Thursday, adding that the troops, along with their vehicles, would be stationed at the Speicher airfield in the city of Tikrit, located 140 kilometers (87 miles) northwest of the capital, Baghdad.

Washington has already sent 1,600 troops to Iraq, most recently on September 10, when an additional 475 soldiers were deployed to the country. The US claims most of them serve as advisers to Iraqi and Kurdish forces or provide security for the US embassy and the international airport in the Iraqi capital.Washington has also been conducting airstrikes against the positions of the Takfiri ISIL militants in Iraq.
    The Iraqi official, meanwhile, confirmed that there are dozens of military advisors on the ground in the province.
    The deployment comes as US President Barack Obama said earlier this month that he would not pursue another ground war in Iraq after US troops’ pullout from the country in 2011.
    “As your commander in chief, I will not commit you and the rest of our armed forces to fighting another ground war in Iraq,” said Obama in a speech to troops at US Central Command headquarters in Florida on September 17.
    Senior religious and political figures in Iraq, including Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, have in recent days called on the Baghdad government not to rely on foreign powers in the battle against the ISIL.
    Political experts believe that the real objective of the so-called international coalition recently formed by Washington to fight ISIL is to expand the US military presence in the region.

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/13...ar-iraq-ended/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)