Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Ron Paul Surpasses Fred Thompson as the New Straw Poll

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

Ron Paul Surpasses Fred Thompson as the New Straw Poll

There has been no evidence to suggest a correlation exists between straw poll success and success on election day. A better measure of success are scientific polls which currently show Ron Paul is polling at just 5%.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007 ... 569487.htm

Total Wins by Candidate
    Updated: 12/11/07
    Candidate # Wins

Ron Paul 25
    Fred Thompson 24
    Mitt Romney 22
    Rudy Giuliani 7
    John McCain 5
    Mike Huckabee 2
    Duncan Hunter 2
    Alan Keyes 0 [/b]

Straw poll

Republican Candidate IA NH NH WI
    Rudy Giuliani 10% 17% 19% 26%
    John McCain 5% 19% 19% 10%
    Fred Thompson 13% 4% 1% 12%
    Mitt Romney 25% 31% 32% 11%
    Mike Huckabee 30% 10% 9% 20%
    Ron Paul 4% 5% 7% 5%
    Tom Tancredo 3% 1% 1% 2%
    Duncan Hunter 1% - - 1%
    Alan Keyes - 1% - -
    Other(vol.) 9% 12% 13% 13%

Scientific polls

A website archiving the straw poll results leading up to the 2008 presidential election has found that Ron Paul has just surpassed Fred Thompson as the sole leader in straw poll victories. Although straw polls are unscientific measures of support, they are still highly touted by supporters boasting online.

Washington D.C. (PRWEB) December 13, 2007 -- USAStrawPolls.com, a website archiving the straw poll results leading up to the 2008 presidential election has found that Ron Paul has just surpassed Fred Thompson as the sole leader in straw poll victories. Although straw polls are unscientific measures of support, they are still highly touted by supporters boasting online.

The Ron Paul campaign has been touting their straw poll performances on their campaign website since June 2007 beginning with a second place showing at the Utah GOP convention on June 8th.

USAStrawPolls.com has been archiving the results regularly since 2006 when the majority of voters were still in the dark as to who would run. Case in point, the first four archived Republican straw poll results were won by Republicans that have not even declared their candidacy for the 2008 election.

Despite the fact that Ron Paul has won the most straw polls, he still trails with respect to the total number of straw poll votes cast in the entire 2008 election cycle. According to verifiable straw polls at USAStrawPolls.com, Ron Paul has received a total of 6405 votes. Mitt Romney leads the pack with 13,563 votes, Fred Thompson is second with 9003, Rudy Giuliani is not far behind with 8,641 votes.

With little name recognition initially, Ron Paul did not win a straw poll until July 2007 but has been winning ever since. And as of December 10, 2007, Paul won his 25th straw poll putting him ahead of Fred Thompson for having the most straw poll victories. Mitt Romney has 22 straw poll victories, two fewer than Fred Thompson. Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Mike Huckabee, and Duncan Hunter combined for only 16 straw polls.

There has been no evidence to suggest a correlation exists between straw poll success and success on election day. A better measure of success are scientific polls which currently show Ron Paul is polling at just 5%.

But you notice the major news media avoids coverage of anti amnesty candidates like the plague; i.e., Paul, Hunter and Tancredo.

Even though Paul has raised more money than Guliani and Huckabee, and additional has won the bulk of the straw polls.... the news does not want you to know.

Since most are Democrats, I can only assume the extensive coverage on Huckabee is with the hope he gains the nomination; getting trounced in the general election by the Democrats. Whichever way that goes; i.e., Huckabeeor Clinton; the media will get their amnesty.

They keep pushing their candidate and trying to say their candidates are ahead.

You would not think it, but this fact really has an affect. People tend to want to be 'one of the crowd' and won't vote for someone the media shuns.

I mean 'what will the neighbors say'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just read that the FCC might be involved with the Paul media blackout. Will have to get more facts about that and share... Wonder if same reason for Hunter/Tancredo blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    I just read that the FCC might be involved with the Paul media blackout. Will have to get more facts about that and share... Wonder if same reason for Hunter/Tancredo blackout.
    ANY candidate who is not "part of the club" is blacked out. We notice it more with Ron Paul because is more popular and has more momentum that the other two, in addition to money. BUT, a blackout does exist, imho, and it umbrellas Tancredo/Hunter too, just to a smaller degree.

If either of them were more popular, you'd see as much for them as you do for Paul. Infact, one could argue that Tancredo is given alot less face time/exposure other than to paint him as a racist because they might not want to even put out his message to any great degree for fear of how strong it might catch on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    ANY candidate who is not "part of the club" is blacked out. We notice it more with Ron Paul because is more popular and has more momentum that the other two, in addition to money. BUT, a blackout does exist, imho, and it umbrellas Tancredo/Hunter too, just to a smaller degree.

If either of them were more popular, you'd see as much for them as you do for Paul. Infact, one could argue that Tancredo is given alot less face time/exposure other than to paint him as a racist because they might not want to even put out his message to any great degree for fear of how strong it might catch on.
    Do we want a president that didnt make the Quote "Club"...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

The 'club' is what's gotten us to this point, and it's time to change.

That's the only kind we should want.

That's the only kind that will work for us and not 'the club'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

That's the only kind we should want.

That's the only kind that will work for us and not 'the club'.
    This isn’t directed at any one in particular, but addresses the issue if news black outs...
    I Disagree I must not be part of those few I guess when it comes to certain issues... and when you are writing your attack keep in mind I have very good reasons…

cretian canidates are not blacked out of the news
    The News shows what they think the American public want to see, not what a candidates supporters think Americans want to see.
    I do agree some things are kept out of TV and radio news, but then how many internet groups are on the 6 o’clock news every day. Most people could care less who the Big Bull blogers support for president because of the way those people address the new media attacck the American public and they are always more opinionated then not .
    If a candidate can’t come up with enough policy ideas, or public support to even capture part of any of the media attention... so be it
    That’s like running the storey of the guy that walks his Dog every day instead of the storey of the dog who saved the boy from the burning house...
    It’s not the News media fault, and they don’t just drop them off the earth like some people would like us to believe.
    Not all of every American is reading the internet like we do... And to think that because the news doesn’t show one candidate because they are against that person might be a issue of the support and not just an issue of picking and choosing politics, or candidates because that is who the certain MSM sipports...
    The truth is told… until next year we aren’t even close to seeing what any one canidate has got up their sleeves as far as any candidate has to show. I think they started way to early any way. Myself Included
    It’s a full year before the election and this is the first time I can say I’ve ever seen so much from any candidate in any Media out lets.. Most local (real) radio news stations haven’t even started to broad cast any one movement… Money is everything until you spend it on an air ship you can’t even Fly in the Winter time …Or, Jesus Christ super star (Which One You going to watch) which one is more important… Advertisement is a lot but if any one hasn’t noticed there aren’t any ads even running on real TV or radio… There are some things that are good to be kept from the American people… What I mean by that most some Americans would rather not know. Truly are we really missing out on anything so far when it comes to all this info? I wish some people would realize that even though the internet is slowing becoming a Good news source most of America still can’t figure out which part of it is fact of fiction. We are still a full two years away from going all digital. But some of those folks that didn’t know that…still have a vote and could care less what some internet blogers calling them selves a news has to say There are still real reporters in this world,and Some people still read the morning paper. There are people that will vote for no one... foolish but there are those people out there because of silly reasions... Not because of the news

greg I won't attack - but I will say that the news media does not tell us what they think we want to hear.

They tell us what they want us to hear.

We have had a corporate media for decades now and their agenda is to further the globalist agenda - not the American agenda and certainly not to present - 'fair and balanced' news.

I don't know your age - but illegal immigration has been a problem in parts of this country for 30 years. The news media simply refused to print any of the facts. Heck, we see this happening now. They deliberately try not to say whether a person is an illegal or not - until there is a hue and cry to put the info out there, they don't.

Even now, just read the articles and see how slanted they are to 'separating families', 'just doing the work others won't do', 'I want to stay in America - and go to school'.

When was the last time - or first time - or any time - you actually saw a newspaper print the absolute God-awful truth about the negative aspects of illegal immigration. I've been waiting 30 years for it.

There are some things that are good to be kept from the American people…

Except for limited things pertaining to national security - or perhaps protecting a child's identity, etc. Actually, there are very few things that should be kept from the American people.

I would be happy if they kept all the news about the young hollywood drug heads out of the news.

[b]What I mean by that most some Americans would rather not know. Truly are we really missing out on anything so far when it comes to all this info?

So because some people just can't handle reality - the rest of us should be fed a diet of what the corporate media wants us to hear?

We are missing out on a lot by not hearing the truth and the whole truth. I have just given you the example of illegal immigration.

Would we be in this mess if 30 years ago, the media had carried the story of a friend who was rear ended by two illegals hopped up on drugs and beer? She had 3 small children, she became a vegetable. If they had given as much time and space to those kinds of happenings, which were occuring back then, as they do to the Hollywood insanes, perhaps Americans would have awakened sooner.

But outside of blacking out candidates they don't want, they pursue a policy of calling destruction. Just look at Pat Buchanan's run. You don't have to like all his politics, but he had some good ideas that deserved to be heard. Instead they did the same thing with him, they did with Tancredo. He has been labelled a kook for a long time now. It is Ron Paul's turn now.

Don't forget the 'media' which includes the talking pundits now, have said there is no such thing as the superhighway. That's not just a black out - that's absolute lying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast