Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Roseanne Barr back on Twitter after 'leaving,' blames 'Ambien tweeting' after ABC can

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Roseanne Barr back on Twitter after 'leaving,' blames 'Ambien tweeting' after ABC can

Roseanne Barr back on Twitter after 'leaving,' blames 'Ambien tweeting' after ABC cancels hit show

By Gregg Re | Fox News
    2 hours ago

Less than 14 hours after following up a racist tweet by writing, "I apologize. I am now leaving Twitter," Roseanne Barr was back on the social media platform late Tuesday.

In a series of late-night tweets, Barr appeared to blame the prescription sleeping pill Ambien for the racist tweet that led to her show's cancellation Tuesday. She also repeatedly criticized ABC for what she said is the network's hypocrisy.

"guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me," she wrote in one post Tuesday night. "It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please. ty."

ABC canceled Barr's widely popular reboot of "Roseanne," her hit 1988-1997 comedy series, shortly after the star posted a racist tweet about former President Barack Obama's aide Valerie Jarrett.

The rebooted show became an instant hit March 27, when the first episode attracted more than 18 million viewers.

Barr doubled down on appearing to blame Ambien two hours later: "I think Joe Rogan is right about ambien. Not giving excuses for what I did(tweeted) but I've done weird stuff while on ambien-cracked eggs on the wall at 2am etc -."

"Don't feel sorry for me, guys!!" Barr also tweeted, before discouraging people from boycotting ABC. "I just want to apologize to the hundreds of people,and wonderful writers (all liberal) and talented actors who lost their jobs on my show due to my stupid tweet. I will be on Joe Rogan's podcast friday."

Earlier Tuesday evening, Barr also retweeted several posts from a variety of other Twitter users, including some that contained doctored images and incorrect information.

One of the fake images that Barr recirculated depicted Whoopi Goldberg wearing a violently anti-Trump shirt. Barr quickly deleted that retweet.

Barr also retweeted a fake image of Jarrett's Stanford yearbook quote, in which she purportedly says she wants to make the U.S. a more Islamic country. Barr later retweeted corrections from people who pointed out the photo was fake.

The comedian also posted several retweets that highlighted perceived hypocrisy by Disney, the parent company of ABC and ESPN.

"Not repugnant according to @WaltDisneyCo," read one post that Barr retweeted, referring to angry anti-Trump comments by Keith Olbermann, who recently returned to ESPN.

Barr also highlighted anti-Christian comments by Joy Behar, a co-host of ABC's "The View."

"Joy Behar mocked Mike Pence’s faith on The View and said that the way he prayed to Jesus was 'mental illness,'" read another post that Barr retweeted. "She didn’t apologize until a month later. ABC was silent. Roseanne‏"

In other posts, Barr retweeted apparent defenses of her racist comment concerning Jarrett's appearance.

"I look like a monkey. Why?" began one of the posts. "My DNA is 96% similar to a monkey's. It makes scientific sense. But due to emotions, double standards & feelings science is cancelled this year. There are 5,000 genders & if you don't agree with me you're a racist xenophobe."

Gregg Re is an editor for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @gregg_re.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-hit-show.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fight back, Roseanne. Everyone who knows you knows you aren't a racist. Everyone knows you love everybody. It was a bad joke that didn't sit well with your big boss. Fight back. Americans aren't upset over the bad joke, bad jokes are everywhere, flops at humor all over the place.

You are a comedian, by trade, you're not obligated to conduct yourself perfectly all the time, you are not the Queen of Political Correctness, that's Oprah.

Yu aren't even obligated to be funny every time you open your mouth or post a tweet, although you usually are, especially on your show. You're not an elected official, oh wait bad example, none of them conduct themselves perfectly all the time. You are a comedian, not a network, oh wait bad example, ABC is a network and it certainly doesn't conduct itself perfectly all the time, and they still have a company, a network and are on the Tee Vee. Why do they get to keep their business but you can't keep your show? That is wrong.

Fight Back!!
    Last edited by Judy; 05-30-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Fight back, Roseanne. Everyone who knows you knows you aren't a racist.
    I think we all have prejudice. But most of us don't allow it to come out. That becomes bigotry!

Now Ambien doesn't make you prejudice, but many such drugs can loosen your tongue and let what you suppress come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    You are a comedian, by trade, you're not obligated to conduct yourself perfectly all the time, you are not the Queen of Political Correctness, that's Oprah.
    What bugs me is one of her shows producers is Wanda Sikes. While funny, Wanda is as vulgar as Roseanne and throws racist jokes around freely. She is allowed, because she is Black. Her leaving is like the teapot calling the kettle black. And of course Kathy Griffin and Michelle Wolf are every bit as offensive. But they are leftists so they get a pass!

Whoa!! Roseanne didn't tweet what she did because she's a racist. Roseanne is not a racist. Roseanne tweeted what she did because she doesn't like Obamaites which has nothing to do with race, it's politics. When ABC can't tell the difference between racism and politics, it's ABC who needs cancelled. It's 2018, they should know by now.

We call political hacks all kinds of names. That's our job as Americans. We call them swamp rats, Congresscritters, pigs, vultures, reptiles, vermin, cockroaches, parasites, all types of names from the animal kingdom. Apes are pretty much at the top of that chain with very good reputations.

My point is she could have called her a lot worse and it would have fit like a glove. So what is the big deal?!
    Last edited by Judy; 05-31-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Whoa!! Roseanne didn't tweet what she did because she's a racist. Roseanne is not a racist.
    How do you know? What you know is a packaged personality.

Roseanne tweeted what she did because she doesn't like Obamaites which has nothing to do with race, it's politics.
    Then why did she make a racist slur? It wasn't an attack on her politics, it was an attack on her background, being born in Iran, and her race.

When ABC can't tell the difference between racism and politics, it's ABC who needs cancelled.
    You are blind! They are all to familiar with the difference. Remember that after Roseanne's debut, ABC announced that the show would tone-down its right-wing theme in future episodes. And Roseanne immediately said no way!

We call political hacks all kinds of names. That's our job as Americans. We call them swamp rats, Congresscritters, pigs, vultures, reptiles, vermin, cockroaches, parasites, all types of names from the animal kingdom. Apes are pretty much at the top of that chain with very good reputations.
    Calling someone an ape is different from saying it's like the "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby." It wasn't a response to some liberal statement.

My point is she could have called her a lot worse and it would have fit like a glove.
    So you are all for bigotry?

If I'm blind, you're an idiot. "Right-wing theme" isn't racism. It's 2nd amendment, secure borders, anti-illegal immigration, low taxes, protected trade, more jobs and higher wages for American workers, reduced legal immigration, more good jobs for black Americans especially in inner cities, etc., etc., etc. GET HELP!!!

Roseanne gets it. That's why should Fight Back!!

If I'm blind, you're an idiot.
    Could be both!

"Right-wing theme" isn't racism.
    And I didn't say it was. You are seeing all sorts of things that aren't there. You need to get that checked out.

Roseanne gets it.
    She's getting it, maybe. Roseanne is what she is. Most racists deny being racists. As I said, we all have prejudice. When we act on it we become bigots. Roseanne has not shown herself to be a bigot. But that she reverted to that comment shows it is in her mind. She made a mistake by letting it out.

You'll remember another celebrity, Mel Gibson, who in a drunken rage, let out some racial slurs. There seemed to be nothing in his past that indicated he was a bigot. But, like I said, drugs can loosen your tongue, and your dark side suddenly rears its ugly head.

Just like with Roseanne, those who hate you will try to make you whole life about that moment of weakness.