Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Take The American Civics Quiz!

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better?

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/re ... /quiz.aspx

I'm going to take it now and report back on how I did. Don't feel bad if you don't do well. Most of our lives we've been dumbed down from our education system. But it's never to late to learn! Good luck!

I did pretty good:

You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    I did pretty good:

Hey, I got the exact same score!

Average score for this quiz during November: 78.0%

Wow, that's funny! Now if someone else comes in and posts the same score, I'm going to start believing that something is very wrong with their system!

What questions did you get wrong? (Just post the numbers)
    Mine were:
    Question#14
    Question #29
    Question #31
    Question #33

#'s 31 and 33 I should have gotten right. For #31 I originally had the right answer, but it seemed too easy so I thought it was a trick question! (I have a terrible habit of overthinking at times) #33, I just didn't read all the multiple choice answers close enough. (I think fatigue was setting in)

That was fun and I actually feel pretty good about myself considering the brainwashing I got in school!

Let's see how many more people participate and maybe we can make a list of the rankings. Let's do this for a few days to give everyone a chance. When things slow and people lose interest, maybe we can go over the questions and what we got wrong, found difficult, etc. Have fun guys!

Rats, I only got 24 right for 72.73%. The average score for the month so far is 78 so I guess all the brainiacs are coming out of the woodwork.

Where were they at election time? (Why do I get the feeling someone is going to say, "At the polls voting for Obama )

You did better than "pretty good" reptile! You'll probably be getting a query from the President-elect's headhunters shortly!

chloe, #'s 14, 31, and 33 were really tricky! I missed them too...

Interesting to note that so far all ALIPACers have scored higher than the college educators who average 55%!

Rankings thus far:

(2 way tie for first)

1. reptile09 AND chloe24: 87.88 %

2. hylander_1314: 84.85%

3. mountaindog: 79%

4. tiredofapathy: 72.73%

I scored 79%.
    I'r smater then them colage peeples who get payed to teech this stuuf.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    Rats, I only got 24 right for 72.73%. The average score for the month so far is 78 so I guess all the brainiacs are coming out of the woodwork.

Where were they at election time? (Why do I get the feeling someone is going to say, "At the polls voting for Obama )

You did better than "pretty good" reptile! You'll probably be getting a query from the President-elect's headhunters shortly!

chloe, #'s 14, 31, and 33 were really tricky! I missed them too...

Interesting to note that so far all ALIPACers have scored higher than the college educators who average 55%!
    Don't feel bad tiredofapathy. We Alipacer's are still much smarter than our elected officials! Check out this item of interest:

Of the 2,508 People surveyed, 164 say they have held an elected government office at least once in their life. Their average score on the civic literacy test is 44%, compared to 49% for those who have not held an elected office.

Officeholders are less likely than other respondents to correctly answer 29 of the 33 test questions. This table shows the “knowledge gapâ€

OMG!

I emailed the link to the test to several of my local government officials...I'm betting I won't be getting a report on how they scored (if they even bother to test)!

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    OMG!

I emailed the link to the test to several of my local government officials...I'm betting I won't be getting a report on how they scored (if they even bother to test)!

That's waay too funny! But the following is not funny at all! This is another reason why Americans are being royally screwed:

In each of the following areas, for example, officeholders do more poorly than non-officeholders:

* Seventy-nine percent of those who have been elected to government office do not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits establishing an official religion for the U.S.

* Thirty percent do not know that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happinessâ€

Small wonder our elected officials make such poor, misguided decisions time and time again. Small wonder we hear everyday that we live in a "democracy" instead of a republic. We live in a society suffering from diseases of the heart and of the mind. Will it survive?

US officials flunk test of Amerian history, economics, civics

US elected officials scored abysmally on a test measuring their civic knowledge, with an average grade of just 44 percent, the group that organized the exam said Thursday.
    Forty percent of respondents, meanwhile, incorrectly believed that the US president has the power to declare war, while 54 percent correctly answered that that power rests with Congress.

Asked about the electoral college, 20 percent of elected officials incorrectly said it was established to "supervise the first televised presidential debates."

In fact, the system of choosing the US president via an indirect electoral college vote dates back some 220 years, to the US Constitution.

The question that received the fewest correct responses, just 16 percent, tested respondents' basic understanding of economic principles, asking why "free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government's centralized planning?"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/od ... ionoffbeat
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast